Sign in to follow this  

News%20Header.png?dl=1

Hey Everyone!

This week has seen more of the same from devs, with a continued focus on bugfixes and small additions. But Wossoo, what are these Fancy Pants that you talk of? Well you'll just have to keep reading!

We also welcome Warlander to the team as a volunteer client developer. His focus will probably be on GUI improvements.

The Week in Patch Notes

The bug crusade has continued, and below is a roundup of the week's patch notes in full.

Fixes that apply to all servers are in black, to purely PvP servers in blue and to purely PvE servers in green.

8/6/15:
  • Fix so chopping a tree down leaves the grass (or mycelium) at same length (except lawn goes to short grass/mycelium).
  • Fix for fsb and bsb becoming unplanted over server resets.
  • Fix so can’t dig at the end of bridges.
  • Fix so the max ql of floors and bridge parts is not restricted to 80.
  • In order to prevent various annoying situations, siege shields (and unfinished ones) are now notake and must be created where they are supposed to be used.
  • Turrets should now properly revert to unenchanted ones if dispelled.
  • Removed false disease status which occurred in certain situations.
  • Fix for fatigue going into the negative and blocking certain actions while mounted.
  • Bulk container double turn menus removed.
  • Scissors now take proper damage when shearing.
  • Fix for floor/roof damage using certain tools.
  • Blocked removing bulk items into tents due to certain exploitability.
  • Harvesting now properly using 100 item inventory limitation.
  • Exiting through a door with enemies players in local should now unlock it as well as when entering.
  • Removed possibility to change creator by dealing damage to items.
  • You can no longer tame creatures led by another player or hitched to a vehicle.
  • Hens and chickens no longer autofollow due to disease issues.
  • Summoned skeletons and wraiths should no longer attack same kingdom but other kingdom players.
  • Made it so newbie tents can’t be put into containers due to exploitability.

10/6/15:

• A few bugs that may have prevented Nathan from ascending were found, and he was ascended manually since Fo won this scenario.
  • Powers and vitality for deities on Valrei are now recalculated when receiving immortality. The calculated attack and vitality values generated that are higher than 6 will start at 6 and add 0.1 per full point above 6. So a value of 11 will result in 6.5. This will balance the playing field better. Existing deities have had their values recalculated according to this algorithm.

More New Clothing

Following on from his new line of shirts released last week, Wox has continued working on Wurm's fashion range, with 3 new designs of pant. You can catch some sneak previews below - it's beginning to look like Wurm will have a pretty expansive range of clothing once he's done!

Pants1_01.png?dl=1Pants2_01.png?dl=1Pants3_01.png?dl=1

Wox's next fashion venture could go anywhere... although a contact on the inside has informed us that he is currently designing new shoulder pads (pauldrons,) an optional armour slot made possible a while ago but not looked into until now. They're intended to be decoration-only.

Marble Statues

Continuing the trend of new art assets, we can confirm this week that we'll be releasing marble versions of all statues. For now, Saroman has given us a preview of a marble Lady of the Lake.

marbleStatues%20small.jpg?dl=1

Feedback Structure

Here at the PR Team, we've also been looking into improving the ways that we collect feedback from the community. It will be an ongoing process - but to get things kicked off, we've created a new e-mail address, feedback@wurmonline.com, for general bits of feedback.

Any issues with moderation should still always be raised with the moderation team, either through forum PM (or the in-game /support system where appropriate); bugs should still be reported in the maintenance area, where they will be picked up by staff and added to our lists of bugs; and suggestions for game features/changes should still be posted in the suggestions area. It might not feel like we listen to feature suggestions, but the simple fact is that the game is so huge with so many ideas that it will always take time to implement anything. Hopefully, recent dev work (like more clothing items, permissions and bugfixes) will help to emphasise that we do listen to suggestions, just that it always takes time to act on them.

Most things are covered by the above, but we'd like to trial the feedback account as a way for you to communicate any other more general issues. The account will be staffed by numerous members of the PR team, and that will allow us to reply to all feedback within 24 hours - something not always possible under the current system of trying to find a team member to PM (who may be away or too busy to reply.)

Handling feedback is difficult but is a top priority, and so we'd like to experiment with some slow expansion to see what works best for us and for the community.

Tap Dance Bridge, Celebration

It’s been exciting to see all the new bridges being created across the lands of Wurm! This week we continue to take a look at some of these bridge projects with the Tap Dance Bridge completed on the Celebration server. The folks from Mercenary Camp took it upon themselves to provide a quicker, safer route between Tap Dance and Southern Celebration. Hats off to them for such an impressive building project! The unique center arch-section allows larger ships to pass through and gives the bridge a fun, roller-coaster effect.

Tap%20Dance%20Bridge.jpg?dl=1

You can learn more about the Tap Dance Bridge project here. GM Jberg/Logi also took some aerial screenshots of the bridge for us, which look pretty cool!

Screenshot of the Week

Our screenshot this week is courtesy of Calimdor. A fine example of covered stables now that the Devs have made it possible to plant thatch (i.e. grass) indoors. Looks awesome, Calimdor!

WeekScreenshot.jpg?dl=1

Join us next week for a brief period of regret at changing the title format of the news.

Happy Wurming!

• Like 33

Awesome stuff. Can't wait for the new clothing and pauldrons!  :)

• Like 2

:D more clothes to make priest alts look different in

Green clothing! Need an "old school freedom" outfit including the pointy hat :)

• Like 9

Congratulations Warlander..now don't forget that a lot of players use the classic and classic light versions so it would be nice to get some love on that one while you are improving the main one.  :) 

• Like 2

I love the new clothes!

I'd suggest also a unisex "skirt" that can be mix-n-matched with any of the tunic tops to make either a priest or wizard or maiden "robes"

Unknown-4.jpeg 4151886.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 8

Wurm style ninja robes or bust.  Make it happen chaps.

.... And pirate hats.  Obviously.

• Like 3

Marble Statues

Continuing the trend of new art assets, we can confirm this week that we'll be releasing marble versions of all statues. 

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 2

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

ME TOOOOOO   Woot marble stautes finally.

I love a good Crusade, well done team!

btw, that marble statue is that of the Nymph, not lady of the lake.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 4

I only hope the new clothing isnt a fail like the hats. Please for the love of what the hell ever, dont screw them up and make them useless in the game...

give them cloth armor stats at the very least!

I am playing Wurm Online since a very long time - I started somewhere in 2009, and - after all these years - it's time to help the game grow and prosper.

I am developing tools for Wurm Online since few years - starting from Wurm Online Toolbox which was also my first "real" program, through 2d House Calculator, 3d HouseCalc, and finally DeedPlanner and Wurm Toolbox. Now I will focus on Wurm client, but I will not forget about the last two tools as well - both of them will receive new features and fixes. :)

Long live the Wurm!

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 20

gratz Warlander, and I'm thrilled that you're going to be focusing on UI -- you working directly on the game itself is great news, after all you've already contributed

Edited by Tipper

Marble statues? Nice.

Probably not going to be able to make ones of players though probably, at least as far as taking snapshots of their current equipped and face.

EDIT: Im sure it would salve many an ego. ;)

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Great news, Wurm really needs a nice lift on its GUI. The more customization the better.

I only hope the new clothing isnt a fail like the hats. Please for the love of what the hell ever, dont screw them up and make them useless in the game...

give them cloth armor stats at the very least!

Clothing and armor are not the same those a clearly just normal clothing.

il_570xN.301088008.jpg

Cloth Armor was ribbed and or quilted to add toughness and padding of blows and slashes so it looked more like today's puffy coats.

They did a fine job on producing more clothing for variety rather than everyone not in armor looking like a barefoot hermit.

I'm really excited to see warlander joining the team :)

He does a great job with the deedplanner, just hope we'll still get those bridges in at some point :P

• Like 1

I'm honestly extremely bored with all these bridges that begin as flat bridges, and have the 1 arched segment in the middle.  Boring is boring, copied from others is boring.

I really like the new pants options. All three are pretty nifty, though I really like the one on the top left.

On a side note, could the, er, boat models be fixed pretty please?

• Like 2

I am sorry but I don't understand the clothing completely.  Are the new cloth just decorative clothes or are they going to offer armor protection?  Who is going to wear a decorative hat instead of armor headpieces when leaving the deed?  The hats are cute but serve no purpose.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff. Can't wait for the new clothing and pauldrons!  :)

pauldrons!

• Like 1

I agree with others that have stated that all clothing should have the current cloth "armor" rating. I really see no difference in this concept other than we are getting some nice new clothing, which should have the same stats.

Also would like some cool hooded cloaks like Brash pictured before. Types that will only reveal the players dimly glowing eyes while hiding all other facial features.

*points to Avatar*

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes