Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Flower Tiles on Deed

A rather vexing chore for me is constantly replanting flowers on my deed because a rogue tree turned up.  If a rare flower gets grown over its never a nice feeling.

A simple tickbox on deed settings saying "protect flower tiles" would be a nice touch.  When ticked trees will not spread onto a tile if there are flowers on it on that deed, when unticked spread functions as per normal.  Nice, simple, clean.

Optional Extra : Allow enchanted grass to keep its flowers so they can be protected off deed too.

• Like 6

+1 I've lost white dotted flowers from this before and I was heart broken ): 

• Like 1

+111111111111111111 

Currently the only option is to plant oak or willow within 2 tiles distance to protect the flower tile somewhat - but I would love an other option, just like you mentioned. I dont know I want another deed setting - I imagine it will get cluttered already with the new deed managements - but surely some sort of enchanted flowers would be most helpful.

+1

I favor enchanting flowers to preserve a puuuurty love tile (yes, defeats the purpose on the first toon but you get the idea).

That said, enchanted flower tiles should keep the normal grass texture, maybe the flowers themselves a bit denser than a normal tile.

Pick the flowers, enchanted grass tile like with trees.

And if you've considered a moss buffer, you may lose a love tile to moss, thought i'd share the experience with y'all >_<

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

Nice suggestion. Some way to protect planted flowers on deed would be nice. Also a way to plant them on deed lawns too.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

+1, also the rate of trees spreading could be reduced, in my opinion

+1

I gave up trying to have a love tile because of trees invading it and either making the special spot move or disappear completely.

I tried to protect it with slabs and sand all around but the trees just jumped over and the last time my spot was gone completely despite flowering a 9x9 area and meditating on each tile none were special after that.       :( 

bump

For a very useful feature.

Let enchanted flower tiles stay flower tiles at least.

+1

But a magical checkbox that prevents plants from spreading to certain tiles just makes no sense and ruins immersion. 

I think a better route would be a craft-able item that you have to apply to the tile in question to prevent trees/plants spreading to that tile, thus protecting the flowers.  It could be as simple as a sheet or wool blanket.  Or maybe something you can put in the tile borders to achieve the same result.

Maybe it could be solved by letting you pave a tile with a flower?