Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Preaching

Atm preaching can bump up a new convert to faith a fifth of the speaker's preaching skill.

With the newer gods popping up, I was wondering if giving this a boost might help take the sting out of converting to new religions, especially if the new convert had particularly high faith with their old god.

Perhaps limit this to gods allied to the convert's old god.

• Like 1

i converted my 100 faith guy yesterday. Just do it and start praying.

• Like 1

i converted my 100 faith guy yesterday. Just do it and start praying.

Oh yeah. Such is really helped by sermons and power-faithing on freedom servers; however, it is not the case on Epic.

Oh yeah. Such is really helped by sermons and power-faithing on freedom servers; however, it is not the case on Epic.

Dunno, what changed on epic since i created my priest there? Ppl dont sermon anymore?

On the freedom cluster, if certain conditions are met, sermons with enough listeners reset the five prayer limit. Hence one can get their faith up faster.

Last I was aware this doesn't work on Epic; though, I only pop over there any more for occasional training.

Details are in wurmpedia:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sermon#Sermons

Not unusual to find sermon circles for power-leveling in places like Xanadu. Some even advertise on the forums.

I think any priest that has already reached a certain faith level, should get a break on leveling faith all over again.  Think of it like when you die and your skill gets a 3x for faster recovery.  Make faith loss the same.  People that have their own sermon groups have it super easy.  "Back in the day"... ok, just a few days ago, before I sold off my alts, I could take someone from 1 to 100 in 2 months, but someone praying solo can't expect to hit 100 faith for a year of constant praying of the max 5x prayers a day.

Not only 3x for recovery, bot how about we do away with the 5 a day limit on priests that convert?

I think any priest that has already reached a certain faith level, should get a break on leveling faith all over again.  Think of it like when you die and your skill gets a 3x for faster recovery.  Make faith loss the same.  People that have their own sermon groups have it super easy.  "Back in the day"... ok, just a few days ago, before I sold off my alts, I could take someone from 1 to 100 in 2 months, but someone praying solo can't expect to hit 100 faith for a year of constant praying of the max 5x prayers a day.

Not only 3x for recovery, bot how about we do away with the 5 a day limit on priests that convert?

Well we had /transfer but rolf removed that for some reason.

Itd be sad tho if other ppl now get a free transfer again.. then i want hellroth boosted back to 100 aswell again..