Sign in to follow this  
Pinchaloaf

Revamp your support ticket system

The current one sucks. Its a sad situation when you can get better help in IRC instead of actually using the proper support ticket system in game. And even then its sub-par, because you have a gang of non-GMs snooping around the tickets and resolving issues they have no clue how to handle. It's a joke.

• Like 4

I might not share your passion, but I agree, the support system could really use a rework.

+1.

• Like 1

In all honesty, the GM team needs to be more knowledgeable about all aspects of the game. Making them go through this makeshift command structure of being a chat moderator first don't mean squat with in game problems.

• Like 2

Our Support ticket system was not only revamped , but vastly improved  not all that long ago.

In all honesty I find for the most part our Volunteer  team does a great job and deserves more credit than they are often given.

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 2

I volunteer my money and expect a certain level of support, even from a volunteer system. I don't expect much, and have only sent in three tickets in my many years of playing this game, two of those were for forum account links. However, this first experience with having a real issue needing attention, I'm not impressed at all.

• Like 1

We just got the thing relatively speaking (kudos Tich). Too early to just toss it out.

And yes the first tier of people in any support/help setup are going to be the relatively unskilled, inexperienced ones. Many times they are simply reading off a prepared script.

Their job is usually not to fix problems, believe it or not.

Rather they act as screeners to filter out the problems that would be a waste of the higher tiers' time and direct tickets to the appropriate people. At least such is the ideal support system. Just like the ideal bureaucracy is meant to save time and work; though, that's rarely the case.

Not that any system does not have its flaws, nor am I saying any implementation is perfect.

Be careful friend, this thread is bordering upon staff bashing by their criteria.

Our Support ticket system was not only revamped , but vastly improved  not all that long ago.

In all honesty I find for the most part our Volunteer  team does a great job and deserves more credit than they are often given.

Screw it, can't resist.

Sick and tired of the "VOLUNTEER" thing being thrown out as the argument for support not being tip top.  I don't give a crap if someone is a volunteer or not, im paying a company for a service and I damn well expect to get that service which includes unbias customer support when needed.  Not in 1-4+ weeks time, whenever someone feels like answering.

Nobody deserves any credit for doing a job that they volunteered to do and to be perfectly honest, they are mugs for doing the "job" for free.

• Like 3

Screw it, can't resist.

Sick and tired of the "VOLUNTEER" thing being thrown out as the argument for support not being tip top.  I don't give a crap if someone is a volunteer or not, im paying a company for a service and I damn well expect to get that service which includes unbias customer support when needed.  Not in 1-4+ weeks time, whenever someone feels like answering.

Nobody deserves any credit for doing a job that they volunteered to do and to be perfectly honest, they are mugs for doing the "job" for free.

I could not agree more  but sadly am awaiting some mod to come along and close the thread and issue warrantless warnings 

Edit -  I pay Code club not a volunteer , I buy my gold directly from Code Club in the hope that my monies go towards a better in game and out of game support system / tech help ( one can dream right  ) 

I play ESO have had 2 issues of being stuck under the world , am able to put a support ticket in via webpage/ with in 5 mins I have had some one calling me on my phone and resolving my issue ( both times was some one from another country /continent ) ending the encounter with an apology for my inconvienance and asking if there is anything else I need .......

Edited by Tarator

Screw it, can't resist.

Tell us how you really feel :ph34r:

• Like 2

There are some really good GMs out there, but I honestly haven't had a lot of experience dealing with them with in game issues. I've only heard stories of upstanding GMs that have helped, but never have I heard a story that involved someone telling me how wonderful the support system worked for them and how fast the response was.

I know a couple personally from playing in game with them, and they are both stand up GMs. However, there is an endless supply of stories of incompetent and negligent GMs out there, and this last support ticket seems to live up to that narrative.

I admittedly had a nasty exchange with Capi in IRC after waiting close to three hours for any response to my ticket. Long story short, this is where I found out that there are people involved with the support ticket system that have no other function other than to sift through and decide what they deem a duplicate ticket. Coding out the ticket as resolved with no other explanation than that it was a duplicate and not knowing who "resolved" the issue leaves people extremely frustrated. Regardless of Capi's function, I shouldn't have lashed out like I did, and I apologize for that.

I still hold firm that the system needs to be looked at if this happens to be the way support is driven in this game. I hope something changes.

EDIT: Ticket still has no response.

Edited by Pinchaloaf