Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Revamp taming

The taming system in wurms needs a bit of a revamp imo because besides PVP and Zoo lovers no one really works on it due to the fact that its not that useful. A major point in why its so useless is that you can only control 1 animal per char no matter taming level. What i suggest is that the more taming you have say every 10-15 levels you can control another, kinda like the care for option for AH. Or link AH and taming so that the more of each you have the more u can tame/care for at the same time.

• Like 8

This would break PvP pretty quick. No one wants to fight a herd of mobs.

This would break PvP pretty quick. No one wants to fight a herd of mobs.

Considering PvP'ers are "superior players", if a Freedomer can grab a fishing rod and a wolf and level taming, why can't you? =)

Considering PvP'ers are "superior players", if a Freedomer can grab a fishing rod and a wolf and level taming, why can't you? =)

we can all get shield of the gone and bring 4 backup horses and wear glimmer plate so we can all have 7 health bars; it doesn't make it any less broken if all of us do it

in fact it was so broken that Rolf actually fixed one of these three issues

let pve tame however many creatures, leave it off of pvp because it will break pvp - simple solution

If its on PvE servers only then +1, multiple pets in PvP would be frustrating...

I can see how that on PvP would be annoying but leaving it to PvE would make life alot easier/ more fun.  So lets keep this alive :P

let pve tame however many creatures, leave it off of pvp because it will break pvp - simple solution

I'm perfectly fine with that.... pity you'll miss the fun but... your prerogative.

Well, for pvp, you might consider adding more penalties to leading more than one animal, making taming more animals possible, but only a rather limited number like 3 as to ensure easy breeding and maybe make it so that the more animals are tamed, the faster they go untame, especially the stronger the animal is to the point where one cannot tame a pet that strong even without hitting the cap, out of fear it might break pvp.

However I am fully supportive of the idea of having multiple animals tamed or anything that makes breeding hostile animals easier.

Edited by Gnasderf

+1

i want to tame 3 trolls! gogo pvp trolls! :D

then i'll be able to solo 3-4 people! :D +1

For pve it's a no-brainer really, +1 of course.

And rather than trying to limit pvp, why not think about how to use multiple pets to make pvp more fun? If there was a nice reliable system to command your pets around in battle, this would surely add to the game, no?