Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

New horse graphics

Over the last year or so the graphics team has turned out some pretty bad ass upgrades to wurms graphics. While horses arent that bad at the moment they could be improved a bit so figured Id post this :).

• Like 1

-1 I love our horses, they are so much nicer than when I started a few years ago.

I can't justify  to myself asking for more in that department at this point. .

• Like 1

The only thing I would really like to be updated is some more variety on the colors of the horses. There's been such a nice grid made by someone - i can't find the thread right now - with a bunch of new colors that would be an amazing addition to the game. The graphics itself, I consider very nice.

Ya more colors would be nice and i love that color scheme. I just think if they can turn the dragons from what they used to be into what they are now that they could come up with a even better variation on horses.

They removed textures from bsbs and boats...

Why would they add textures for horses?

:mellow:

• Like 1

They removed textures from bsbs and boats...

Why would they add textures for horses?

:mellow:

Just because they look amazing?

+1

Some years back when we had those goofy looking horses then Dev's presented players with choices of which type of horse build would be the preferred one. The current model that we have is the result of that player input and I think this sturdy model fits very well with the Wurm lifestyle and needs.

Those color varieties looks very nice though so perhaps some of them could be added instead.

=Ayes=

Current horse model is more of a running horse.  Would like to see a Clydesdale model for working around the deed and battle. 

• Like 1

Current horse model is more of a running horse.  Would like to see a Clydesdale model for working around the deed and battle. 

Several years ago, before adding the new models, devs did a poll asking what SHAPE of horse to add. The top vote getter was Fresian, a heavy built workhorse

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/66868-horses-body/

Wox: ""The horse will be of Friesian type, and probably in the future we will add others for the different traits and maybe even for gender."

this was responding to  suggestions that Mares could use the delicate  "Thoroughbred" shape and stallions use the stocky muscled builds. Also a discussion on whether horses with traits such as "Fleeter/Lightening"  would have more of a racehorse build compared to "strong body, tough, strong and healthy" 

I am not sure the final build was actually Fresian, here is how powerful the Fresian looks:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY6lEvX36gk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesian_horse
Ancestors of the modern Friesians were used in medieval times to carry knights to battle. In the 12th and 13th centuries.... 

To be frank, I am STILL so happy they updated the models at all, that I could be content with them working on other things for now....

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

WurmHorseColorsbyMalena.jpg

The good thing about these color varieties shown by Malena is that a new horse model would not be necessary to create. With all these new colors added there would immediately by a lot more variety in horses. This would add a lot of interest with breeders attempting to get these colors and stimulate their sales, as no doubt players would prefer some of these new colors for themselves. Also, since anyone with horses could try to breed their own color choice, this would benefit everyone.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 4

Models are fine, but +1 to the texture variety, assuming no memory issues.

@ Ayes:

Yes it definitely would.  I would immediately start trying to breed the Buckskins.  :)

• Like 1

Ehm, I didnt upvote this yet?! O.O

Of course we need this - for all us animal hoarders :D

+1 for more color variations! I especially love the jet black, the buckskins, the chesnut, champagne, and the black silver variations. Oh darn I have to admit I like all these colors. Fall Time Wish list devs....pretty please.

• Like 1

While we're at it, could we also get more than one hellhorse colour please.

Edited by asdf

While we're at it, could we also get more than one hellhorse colour please.

Heh blue hell horses would look awesome if done right

+1 yes, yes, yes :D
The hell horses are well I think :)

WurmHorseColorsbyMalena.jpg

How about adding these pretty horse colors that Malena came up with some time ago?

=Ayes=

• Like 4

How about adding these pretty horse colors that Malena came up with some time ago?

=Ayes=

As much as I want these for Wurm Online, they'd also make a good mod for Wurm Unlimited if that's possible.

• Like 2