Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Allow having more than one tame creature (PvE)

This is one of the biggest problems with the community, right here. Let's shoot an idea down, give a vague and often false reason for it being a bad idea, and then not back it up with anything - usually because there IS nothing to back it up. Folks, grow up and debate like adults. If you have a valid point or reason, provide specifics or stay out of the sandbox. There are others here that are actually trying to HELP the rest of us with their ideas, and all you're doing is being trolling and negative. There's no reason for this.

Now...

+1

Skills should have better rewards the higher you go, and I see no reason for not allowing someone with a high enough skill to tame multiple creatures. The restrictions the OP mention seem fair - especially splitting loyalty. Another restriction I could see would be to select only one tame animal to assist in combat. 

And here I thought the biggest problem with the forum community was smug forum warriors who drive the same rhetoric month after month/year after year.

I gave my opinion on a matter, it's not my job nor a requirement to disseminate my exact thoughts, prove to you what I'm saying, or really give anything more.  Just my opinion.

If opinions are what is wrong with the community.. yikes.

Hi,

have to agree with Ayes' post.

Not being able to tame 2 animals for breeding is just a nuisance - well, anyone has an alt/ friend/ neighbor to use for such, right? Tame, hand over, tame the other, breed, untame both, bingo. Or get a Fo priest to help you. It's so easy!

Having 2 animals at the same time would, on the other hand, rises other problems - starting with a new menu structure for the "pet" submenu, to the question if you could use both for fighting (and the consequences - I could bring 2 venerable champ crocs to the battle any time), how to lead/ control them etc. etc.

I'd rather see a code split (PvP/ PvE) finally that would allow to reanimate taming at all (with undoing the different nerfs) - all what's left of this once exciting and useful profession is simple zoo-keeping for display :/

And I'd rather see, additionally, improvements in the pet handling - things like "stances" for the pet ("Attack all hostile", "Defend me but don't attack unprovoked", "Follow me without lash", "Stay here and guard this tile" etc.) as well as the possibility to issue commands to it even if in combat mode!

I'm not rating this (=> +/- 0), but I don't see much benefit in it, as well as quite some problems. And I see a more important deficit in taming now - a croc morphing to a bear as soon as it's tamed, and further to a wild cat as soon as you put your rope 'round its neck!

Have fun!

Edit: Typo

Edited by Xandra
  • Like 1

I could bring 2 venerable champ crocs to the battle any time)

I'd MAYBE consider it at 90 taming... crocs are harder to control than hell hounds imho.

As for the submenus.... 

Pet1 and Pet2.  Also, I wouldn't mind one bit if the last one tamed went untame second I got into combat if it's about that.  Would only complicate moving them between deeds but that's a minor nuisance if the breeding/weaning one is removed.  (Though there'd have to be an exception coded into that for hell horses pulling carts imho, one of the best features in-game soooooo unnecessarily nerfed).

Edited by Mordraug

I have to ask, Ayes... Ever use anything tamed on PvE to get out of a dense area?

If you are pointing out that pets are not "useless" as I stated in my post, then I will admit there are some uses for them as you infer here. Still, I stand by the rest of my comments made and would really rather prefer that Taming was made more useful through revamping the pets fighting abilities to be more in line with Tamers in other games, which have always been my favorite characters to play. In comparison this makes Wurm all the more disappointing with the Taming ability.

=Ayes=

I would suggest a simpler option to avoid the multiple menus, combat issues and such..

Taming multiple aggros is most of the time necessary for breeding or hitching to a cart/wagon (hell horses), so, the system could be implemented as a Primary Pet and Secondary(es)..

So let's say until 30Taming i can tame one creature, and when i tame a new one, the old one goes back to aggro.

But at 40+ let's say, I can tame a female, then tame a male, and the male (last one tamed) is the Primary (he's the one controlled by the Pet menu) but the secondary remains tame but with lower loyalty.. this way you can breed them both without problems.. or hitch them to a cart or whatever..

Secondaries should also be outlined with a different color (blue?).

I'm thinking this from a PVE perspective.. for PVP probably something has to be implemented either for the secondaries to not attack at all, or to be nerfed a lot.

Edited by faty

I would think if anything this would make PVP more dynamic and interesting.  How would it be the end of the world if you had the challenge of countering stronger pets exactly?

if someone has uber gear and weps, you counter with uber gear and weps.  Same with pets...