90 - 120

95 - 144

99 - 168 (1 week)

Why not?

- OR -

Make it by default 48 hours.

Add skill to do things like:

- If person was on horse or not

- What armour the person was in (+ weapon?)

- The amount of weight that person was carrying / how fast they were walking

- In what direction the person/monster was walking

- The amount of tracks you can see

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 5

the tracking does tell you a direction (you just have to be facing north for it to be accurate) lol

also if they were on horse it will tell you the horses name instead of the players, (bred horses have names)

i +1 the idea of who was riding the horse though that would be handy

99 - 168 (1 week)

+1 yes please. the more info for longer server keeps the better and the bigger lags. i bet all people from xana are bored from short lag spikes and want them continuously. 

btw would be nice if it showed where people teleported from that tile if so.

Edited by bangzuvelis

Oh dear Libila! Yes!

Though I'm of mixed opinions regarding being able to tell who is riding a mount or vehicle.

Edited by Klaa

yea this tracking data alone would triple the server side lag and ping lol on ALL servers and bigger maps would get it worse because they have even more people/creatures making tracks...

Edited by Evilreaper

I'm not entirely game for having tracks last that long, but the time displayed for tracks really needs to be in real time at minimum.  Lore and all is nice and fancy, but I don't want to have to stop and sit there trying to math out what time the tracks are in real time

• Like 1

+1 yes please. the more info for longer server keeps the better and the bigger lag

Yeah i get that, maybe 48 hours at most would still be good tho. Or at least 24 by default, no matter the skill.

I'm not entirely game for having tracks last that long, but the time displayed for tracks really needs to be in real time at minimum.  Lore and all is nice and fancy, but I don't want to have to stop and sit there trying to math out what time the tracks are in real time

Indeed, perhaps in parenthesis next to the ingame time. On the otherhand, there is something for intentionally making a game difficult to encourage discussion among players. I understand this was much of the core design philosophy behind the first Zelda game.

Then again having to crunch the conversions every time can get old, even when one can do it on the fly.

yea this tracking data alone would triple the server side lag and ping lol on ALL servers and bigger maps would get it worse because they have even more people/creatures making tracks...

I have to disagree with this - this info already exists, the GMs can see it. I want to see it too.

this info goes away every 6-8 real life hours, keeping it for a week.... that much data would destroy the server even on small maps...

this info goes away every 6-8 real life hours, keeping it for a week.... that much data would destroy the server even on small maps...

Well someone made a point earlier, Gms can see back too. If it is just 24-48 hours for players thatd be nice.

Right now it feels like its gone in like 3 hours...

Right now it feels like its gone in like 3 hours...

It is.

• Like 1

It is.

That's just about useless. Imagine one night some guy breaks into your farm and kills all of your livestock or something. The day after you log in and find that you really really want to know who did this and you start tracking, but far too late :-(

That's just about useless. Imagine one night some guy breaks into your farm and kills all of your livestock or something. The day after you log in and find that you really really want to know who did this and you start tracking, but far too late :-(

Imagine how those of us who are titled in it feel.

Edited by Klaa

I don't see how this suggestion would make Tracking more useful, more like more misused to accuse other players of something that they did not do.

I like to wander around my Local areas snooping into everything that players are doing there. I get a lot of enjoyment seeing them developing and improving these areas, so if a fence section is broken down I will feel free to enter and see what is going on there. Perhaps even ponder over why it is missing. Sometimes I encounter paranoid players with open deeds who want to know why I am even passing through them.

Point being, a persons tracks within anyone's area prove nothing and are pretty much useless for that purpose. So extending these timers accomplishes what?

"You sir, are condemned as guilty by your very tracks here within this dirty ground! Just passing through? Ludicrous! Impossible! Beyond comprehension!"

=Ayes=