Sign in to follow this  
BlGpapa

can someone tell me.....

why we needed news gods ? that have no new spell???

and the name....... Nathan is fine for a person but for a god???????

how many god we will have in  a few years????

• Like 1

Somehow I agree with you. When Tosiek ascended, it was a good thing. People were excited to see a new god. Nahjo stretched that happiness, and a third one so soon after while not even Tosiek is really implemented into the system, is too fast. The players who have worked towards it, they deserve it. The game has been up for years now, and people are beginning to get to the point where becoming gods is possible for a number of them. The gods we have had, covered every aspect we needed to be covered by a god. 

I am wondering how littered with different gods and religions the game will be in a few years from now, when a lot of players are easily able to ascend. It would be a giant mess of different gods, spells, altars and religions - none with a real meaning to it, because there are so many. 

I don't really know, but for me it's enough gods for now. 

• Like 11

logged into Elevation to check missions this morning

udiU6FJ.png

Wurm 2k16.

• Like 2

why we needed news gods ? that have no new spell???

and the name....... Nathan is fine for a person but for a god???????

how many god we will have in  a few years????

Pretty sure Nathan was supposed to be a God well before the recent two was he not?

• Like 4

I agree! This is ridiculous... I feel like in 6 months from now we'll have 20 gods and that kind of ruins the game in a way! =))  

Pretty sure Nathan was supposed to be a God well before the recent two was he not?

has nothing to do with nathin.. just way to many gods in my option...  

As I mentioned, the people who made it to become gods deserve it, and I am happy for Nathan that he managed. I just think that so far the system has worked because almost nobody made it to become gods, and now so many are ascending in such a short period of time. There is no time for developers or players to adjust to all the new religions, and the game will lose its unique religion system if more and more players ascend, because religions will mean nothing anymore and players are just overwhelmed by the number of gods they could follow. 

it used to be this unobtainable dream of becoming a God...now it's like some sort of bad Oprah episode. Everyone's becoming a God! but this would help encourage more people to epic cluster wouldn't it?

Sure one shouldn't join in hopes of becoming a God, but it will attract more people regardless imo

what a player get when becoming a god?

I know that a new god is create with is name and a random set of spell, but the player itself does he get more powerful or something?

I am happy on Nathans behalf. And I don't really care how many gods are implemented.

The more gods, the better, hopefully we will get one that has an overpowered skill set and then everyone will convert B)

• Like 1

More Gods = More money for our Game

+1 Bring the Age of The Gods    on

I could have sworn when i started playing years ago becoming a god was one of the game's selling points.

The more gods, the better, hopefully we will get one that has an overpowered skill set and then everyone will convert B)

I already converted hellroth yesterday...

what a player get when becoming a god?

I know that a new god is create with is name and a random set of spell, but the player itself does he get more powerful or something?

no nothing. as soon as the player ascends to demigod he gets some sorc items but after that there is no connection between deity and player.

I have to agree with the OP, and will go a bit further this is pretty dumb for these new gods to be on freedom. Keep them on Epic servers only.

As it is now why have any of the old priests, are we all going to get free conversions to any deity we want now that all these new gods have awesome skill sets ?

Nacho or whatever it is has strong wall, genesis and life transfer plus  sacc's veggies for favor wtf !?!?!

So the few years I have spent grinding my Fo and Mag have been pretty much wasted thanks Rolf.

• Like 3

I have to agree with the OP, and will go a bit further this is pretty dumb for these new gods to be on freedom. Keep them on Epic servers only.

As it is now why have any of the old priests, are we all going to get free conversions to any deity we want now that all these new gods have awesome skill sets ?

Nacho or whatever it is has strong wall, genesis and life transfer plus  sacc's veggies for favor wtf !?!?!

So the few years I have spent grinding my Fo and Mag have been pretty much wasted thanks Rolf.

How so ?  Do you think these new priest will magically have a " few years worth of playing"   

You have lost nothing!

Priest are a huge grid / money pit  

I have a few priest btw

More money for the game = better game

Edited by Wulfur

How so ?  Do you think these new priest will magically have a " few years worth of playing"   

You have lost nothing!

Priest are a huge grid / money pit  

I have a few priest btw

More money for the game = better game

Dude think about what you just said, 

90+ faith is alot to lose if I convert either my Mag or Fo over to Nacho.

And it's actually less money for the game cause I don't need both Mag and Fo now. Only need one Nacho, so whatever one has the better sub stats (aka channeling, nature, body, mind)  higher can get converted and the other is basically a deed holder never to get prem'ed again. The only grind is faith.

I mean really what Vet player do you know will start a toon from nothing just to make a new priest , I know I for one would never want to grind another toon from scratch again, just convert one of my other Priests over due to the OP spells these new gods are giving.

I have to agree with the sentiment. The fact that we just got 3 new player gods in a short amount of time is troubling. We almost doubled the god count in a tiny span of time and we know that this trend will continue. To me, it waters down the lore of the game and makes the mechanics needlessly complex. And the player gods don't seem to represent anything specific or  have any agenda or theme to my knowledge. Do they? Even if they did, we are about to cover all there is in the next few months, as undoubtedly 3 more gods will be here by September.

No slight to the players who got there, mind you. They did this fair and square and congratulations to them. But Wurm with 20+ gods (which is where we are heading) will become very watered down. The lore will disappear and the mathematics of which god is worth following for what reason will become complex. Perhaps we can keep the new gods to Epic only?

My opinion, I know, but this trend worries me significantly.

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 3

I love having more gods on Freedom - the more the merrier!  I don't know whether I count as a vet, but I've started a new priest char.  Ultimately, the religeon part of the game is pretty optional - you don't have to take part if you don't want to.  You can quite easily buy the enchants you need (for a lot less than the cost of levelling and running a priest, I might add) and just bypass the whole thing.  If you feel that having more choice is somehow too difficult, then just don't choose.

• Like 1

I knew this was a fail from the start.  When Rolf announced that players could ascend, it was totally apparent that such a feature was not sustainable.  I think they should lock it down or just remove the feature altogether.

• Like 2

Dude think about what you just said, 

90+ faith is alot to lose if I convert either my Mag or Fo over to Nacho.

And it's actually less money for the game cause I don't need both Mag and Fo now. Only need one Nacho, so whatever one has the better sub stats (aka channeling, nature, body, mind)  higher can get converted and the other is basically a deed holder never to get prem'ed again. The only grind is faith.

I mean really what Vet player do you know will start a toon from nothing just to make a new priest , I know I for one would never want to grind another toon from scratch again, just convert one of my other Priests over due to the OP spells these new gods are giving.

Isn't the soul depth/strength and channel grind way more intensive than the faith grind? You don't lose that. Perhaps if you have 50 soul depth and switch to a deity that uses strength, that would be painful. And unless you're on Epic, faith is fairly easy to grind up with sermons. Simply find a sermon deed on Freedom and park yourself there for a few weeks. 

• Like 1

The only thing I can think of with this player turning into a god system is that it is a perk to draw players to the Epic servers, since hey, it can only happen there. Fine and dandy then but it should be restricted to those servers only, the same as are all other gains and items made upon it restricted to it.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

If you want a real pantheon, have the player gods get all the rare stuff ppl sac =P

(Yes, friendly troll comment, don't take seriously).

As for influx of new gods... hey, enough RNG I may recant on my policy and actually priest an alt.  Does have the cash injection effect on the game just from the bunch of accounts getting premmed to make new priests.  Some people collect deities like pokemon... every player to his own thing eh.