Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

remove selection from game

If looking around to nature, selection line has obstruct effect. The name of object is enough to see, what is it. Helps to blessing code and cancel divided among green and red world.

There is a setting for highlight lines in the options already if that is what you are talking about. 

• Like 1

It's player choice, you can as Kegan states turn it off if that is the game you wish to play.

Try: Settings > Game > Outline Hovered Objects.

That'll remove the outline.

ok, but mean permanent, because in battles helps it much as powerfull spell and everyone probably turn it on for battle. Problem is what world want devs see. If want see battle of 3d world or battle of selection and bars.

Removing it permanently benefits no-one. Disable it from the options.

This is the biggest -1 to a suggestion I've given in my Wurm life, this is no different to saying remove sounds or the GUI...

• Like 5

I use it and would much prefer it stays thank you. If you do not like it , as described above you have the option of turning it off.

Edited by Chiqa

bind key "setoption outline_picking false/true" works, yeah

As a nice side effect it should improve fps while turned off under some circumstances since the picking is quite costly.

• Like 1

The friend who started me on Wurm initially turned off outlines when he started.  He was always having trouble leveling ground and I didn't understand why.  I asked him why he didn't just read the borders.  He said what borders?  Once he turned those outlines back on he was much happier and never turned them off again.  The outlines serve a very useful purpose in the game.

Edited by Vroomfondel

-1. It's an almost-necessary feature of the User Interface, finding items can be a nightmare already with all the graphics clipping.

What would be the point? You provided no arguments except mysterious "Helps to blessing code and cancel divided among green and red world".

Yes, try it turn off, its different level of playing. Its more big secret wurm with his face. So if level in real life y have some square, where show y slopes? If see ppl it show, who is good and who is bad? Wurm devs must choice if want have game close to reality or stay in 2d world.

But for me is strange thinking of some ppl, who want better graphic, more detailed object and through fight and other work they see only selections and bars

Edited by ftoz

bind key "setoption outline_picking false/true" works, yeah

As a nice side effect it should improve fps while turned off under some circumstances since the picking is quite costly.

will be nice set it to other color, i would like to set it to some gray.

....so if level in real life y have some square, where show y slopes? .... Wurm devs must choice if want have game close to reality or stay in 2d world.

I suppose in that respect we should get rid of magic, bulk storage bins, trolls, dragons, Nacho.  I'm honestly not on the same page as you, but you may get more support for this change if you provide more constructive reasoning.  Wurm is nothing like real life, and that's the attraction.

• Like 1

This works as intended. It enhances the game for many. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 2

Is it possible turn off object names?

The biggest -1 that has ever happened.

Edited by Slickshot

y put -1 and not able understand the main idea, so look like that ppl only read titles. Cancel dont mean destoy all wurmpedia only move ingame. Wurmpedia is sign of modern era that ppl must have all " just right now". Outer mechanism is really bad, see CA forum, there many ppl get adviced and never do it ingame and most are not true. Also wurmpedia is not all right and see there many lies and spread quickly. So my idea was wurmpedia move to ingame books controled by devs. Technicaly will be link to current wurmpedia.

y put -1 and not able understand the main idea, so look like that ppl only read titles. Cancel dont mean destoy all wurmpedia only move ingame. Wurmpedia is sign of modern era that ppl must have all " just right now". Outer mechanism is really bad, see CA forum, there many ppl get adviced and never do it ingame and most are not true. Also wurmpedia is not all right and see there many lies and spread quickly. So my idea was wurmpedia move to ingame books controled by devs. Technicaly will be link to current wurmpedia.

You're full of crap, please stop talking.

I give advice all the time in CA and my advice is always consistently backed by Wurmpedia.  If I don't have the answers to a question, I don't try to answer that question, simple.  Wurmpedia outside of the game is MUCH easier to navigate.  Also, I use the Wurmpedia website almost every single day when I'm NOT logged into Wurm when I have questions that need answers.  So please, just stop trolling already.

• Like 1

So should also be nice to turn off object names. It annoying like mama with 3 years child: This is grass, this is cow, this is dog, this is cow....... So really dont see 1000x and some fps up will be good.

You're full of crap, please stop talking.

I give advice all the time in CA and my advice is always consistently backed by Wurmpedia.  If I don't have the answers to a question, I don't try to answer that question, simple.  Wurmpedia outside of the game is MUCH easier to navigate.  Also, I use the Wurmpedia website almost every single day when I'm NOT logged into Wurm when I have questions that need answers.  So please, just stop trolling already.

+1 You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

• Like 1