Sign in to follow this  
Sharkin

Remove the new gods from freedom cluster

Remove new gods from freedom.  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the new gods removed from freedom cluster?

• Yes
    • No

Let's see with the new gods on freedom how does that hurt anyone ?   The only thing this will cause is for people to spend more money.  

More money for our Game is GOOD! 

If you don't want the new gods don't convert.   

If you don't like chat don't read it.

I mean really 99% of these people never leave there deed to even see where these new gods are.  

Freaking whinny post... OMG the sky is falling

LEAVE THE GODS ON FREEDOM     it hurts not one

Balance doesn't have to mean for combat.  Each "new" deity is given a random bag of spells.  This is unbalanced.  This causes less reason to follow the original 4 deities.  Eventually, if they keep this up, there will be 1 super over-powered player deity and nearly everyone will want to convert to them.  The 4 original deities shouldn't become obsolete, but they will if players continue to be allowed to ascend.  Unbalanced.

Old gods die and new gods are born. Polytheism was replaced by monotheism. Ask Zeus how many people attend his temples every week. :-P

Am i going to have to get out my 20 alts to swing this over to the no side? 

polls do not mean a thing in the forums so i am not sure why people even bother with them. 

It seems that freedom is basing a lot of their argument on the basis that hundreds of gods will arise within I few months. I would like to make it clear to them that the ascending process has been around for 2-3ish years now. The only reason we had three gods appear in such a short time frame is because of bugs that allowed Tosiek and Najho to ascend, those bugs have since been fixed. I think freedom is exploding over a very small issue. You are not going to see a huge surge of gods so calm the hell down.....

I wouldn't mind seeing 10 or 15 of them. It worked in Rome.

Exactly. Easy mode priests? Nope, get out. Take that crap elsewhere.

Right, and just because there's an easy priest, you absolutely have to make one of those.  If you want more challenge, don't take the easy route!  Just because you're too weak-willed to make your own challenges, doesn't mean the rest of us have to wear sack-cloth.  Or is your complaint that it's too easy for other people?  Because you had it tough, everyone else should too?  If the only way you can find fun in this game is by making it hard for everyone else, then I really do pity you.

• Like 2

The  people that would even be remotely upset about this are the people that have priest already and are afraid there priest will loose some sort of value.

One of the many appealing reason to play wurm is that all of our characters have a value ( in real dollars ) This for some is just an extra bonus to playing.

But as soon as you start to do anything that might upset a persons pocket book or there gold income. Then all hell is released..   

Just tell it like it is you don't want to loose any value of your work. You might get more by just saying the obvious than this yet again another ( omg the sky is falling post ).

Why not just tell it like it is for once.  

Vynora is the most op god on freedom.

Freedomers and there greed...

• Like 1

Yeah, I ;ve done a 360 deg on this. I was totally against this type of thing, but now I think its a good thing. It's fresh.

Complaining about having to regain your faith, is a weak argument. many people are already doing so With a little effort and sermons its one of the quickest skills out there.  THis is not a vet thing either, Vets still have their fantastically skilled character, but like everyone they will have to get that faith back. Just look at Aly, she has one on the best fo's out there and going for it.

Straight out? people are going to complain when it doesn't suit them.

Let it be known that I don't have a priest account and I'm still against this for the reasons I mentioned. So go ahead, TRY to insult me and insinuate more; you'll just make yourself look stupid. Lol

I understand your perspective Pandalet; and I think it really boils down to what type of game do you want to play.  Do you want a game that gives you everything or do you want a game that presents you with difficult choices?  if Wurm offers a deity that gives me all the "best spells", then that portion of it has de-facto turned into a game that gives me everything.  I'll still play Wurm if that happens, but it will ruin an aspect of the game that I currently enjoy.

lol easy mode. I'm going from a mag which mainly just need soul str (which on freedom is not really need as it just helps against offensive spells)  to having to skill  HFC, farming and other Soul depth type skills. 

Vyn has been the most useful on freedom til now. Nahjo brings the competition. I loved my mag, but really? using mainly strong and thats it. I dont have a Fo, so im not going to comment on that. But really I never wanted to role one.

Also, doing any priest at all is never easy mode.

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 1

Only real problem I see with the new gods is the fact that they get the same spells that exist, just a random selection from the existing gods.  This has already caused some to complain about the better combinations than their god has, and it can only get worse as more gods are added.  New spells should have been thought up, not rearranging the old spells.  I know, that would have been a lot harder to do, but it would have been the right thing to do.  Always do the right thing, not the easy thing.

• Like 1

I dunno, I like getting another roll of the RNG to see what combination of spells are available.  I've never had a Fo - although genesis would have been useful, it just wasn't useful enough to warrent another priest, so I'm looking forward to my mine repair priest having a few more useful things she can do with her favour.

I'm not against new gods, but I'm against very unbalanced gods. Please Remove.

• Like 2

lol easy mode. I'm going from a mag which mainly just need soul str (which on freedom is not really need as it just helps against offensive spells)  to having to skill  HFC, farming and other Soul depth type skills. 

Vyn has been the most useful on freedom til now. Nahjo brings the competition. I loved my mag, but really? using mainly strong and thats it. I dont have a Fo, so im not going to comment on that. But really I never wanted to role one.

Also, doing any priest at all is never easy mode.

Exactly. I am pondering changing to Nahjo and not pondering it lightly. I have 87 faith, not the best but only really need 70, and hard-gained SS from many hours of mining. I see a lot of HFC in my future if I change. Getting faith back isn't a big deal. Getting body/soul stats is. People who use SD have been doing HFC since they started playing. Unless SD is easier than SS to gain?

See people are mainly against this and especially the nahjo as they have perhaps a Fo and a Mag, they don't want to sees priest come along with the main spells of the two. For these people what would be a great Idea is, convert one of them and then sell the other or even do the convert and start the faithing up.

This way you cut a character cost and make a nice load of money selling the other off. This only doesn't work if there are specific spells you would miss, eg charm.

To me, Fo and Mag where never on the same level as vyn on a freedom. But that's  just me.

p.s I finally looked at Tosiek skills. Looks like a great little pvp battlepriest.

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 1

To say that their was ever a "balance" to the priests in PvE is wrong to begin with.

If you look at the amount of Vynora priests compared to the number of Fo and Mag priests you will find a huge difference. Vynora has had all the enchantments ever and most everyone knows if your going to make any substantial amount of money in this game, control any type of market, or do well in this game period you either make a Vyn priest, you find a friend with a Vyn priest, or you pay out the ear for your enchants from a Vyn priest. 

People go follower of Vynora because of RoS and skill gain bonus within domain. (5 hours sleep bonus [the value on that alone is tremendous] and 10% skill gain bonus in domain)

PvE is centered around skilling, not fighting.

Players enjoyed playing the Fo priest because it had Life transfer and genesis; I have never heard of a person just keeping a Fo priest around just because they wanted a "healer". Players enjoyed Mag priest though because of Strongwall and easy channel grind. 

Are we seeing a balance issue here just in the original three? I do believe so if people really want to talk about "balance".

Balance is a myth, it is something that cannot be replicated in any MMO; every mmo has tried it and I have yet to hear of one that has perfectly succeeded to do it.

I understand people have this fear though of a "mega priest" being created but if you look, the mega priest already actually exists in the PvE realm of things. The only affect I see this multi-priest system having is it changes the dynamics of PvP because now their is a great deal of "Hmm, how might this priest be best effective in our ranks?".

I lied, the other effect this new priest system has is that it creates a new account market and might drop the value of some of your "original 4" priest accounts. 

This system was announced at the beginning of Epic and before Epic was even released. Players did not have a problem with the issue then, the problem has now only stemmed because it is actually happening and players are like:

38074234.jpg

I look forward to seeing how the system continues to evolve over time, such as new spells being added instead of generating random list of the old ones. The new play styles that come out of it and more.

Edited by glauc

See people are mainly against this and especially the nahjo as they have perhaps a Fo and a Mag, they don't want to sees priest come along with the main spells of the two. For these people what would be a great Idea is, convert one of them and then sell the other or even do the convert and start the faithing up.

This way you cut a character cost and make a nice load of money selling the other off. This only doesn't work if there are specific spells you would miss, eg charm.

To me, Fo and Mag where never on the same level as vyn on a freedom. But that's  just me.

p.s I finally looked at Tosiek skills. Looks like a great little pvp battlepriest.

Nahjo is almost MagnaFo. I'm still pondering it. The only thing stopping me so far is all that cooking...

Nahjo has the best of Magranon's and Fo's PvE spells ontop of the majority of Vynora's.  I would much rather see new gods with some existing spells but also with newer spells that bring something new to the table.  Randomizing existing spell lists will only result in one priest being able to do everything you need to on PvE.  Instead of randomizing I'd love to see spells hand picked to give each deity a unique use and balance.

Atleast with the original three, Vynora couldn't strongwall/genesis/courier/LT which are very desired on PvE.  In its current state, it looks like Nahjo will be on top with Vynora close behind, Fo and Magranon will become joke deities.

inb4 libila priests are allowed on freedom..

and Magranon is displaced by Nahjop :rolleyes:

Keep player gods but add a cap to the number of active player gods and a way to remove old ones. And don't forget to give free faith transfers to everyone affected by removals. This is what I'd suggest.

Edited by Anothernoob

Heh, PvP won't be coming to freedom. Been there, done that. Wasn't a pleasant experience.

Also consider that there was a weird random situation where several Keys of the Heavens were the prize within a short period of time. Normally they are handed out like once every 15 scenarios. It took quite a while after Nathan until the next one appeared. It's seems bug prone to try to remove deities at this stage, actually.

As you say. Thank you Rolf.

Would be interesting to see how many alts got prem'd to become priests of one or more of the new gods.

While the whole 3 new gods mess made me facepalm a little inside, if it's that good for the revenue, I say ascend a few more and add them to Freedom.

(note: I don't have priests or plan to make one anytime soon... this is just my 2 copper)

I welcome the new gods. I have a vyn and a nahjo priest now. I would like to see 10 or soo religions to have a variety to choose from. Kinda like how in real life there is diversity among religions. Y should I convert back to a "normal god" when I wana be part of this new trend that has been in the works for what, 2 years. I pay for prem so y do u get to tell me no I'm not allowed. Yes I play on pve and always will and yes I will quit when it becomes full pvp. One reason y i quit before is because i dident like the pvp wurm. Soo y not accept the system we have now rather than change something that's already happend. If u don't like the new feature then kos all players with new priests.

If a super priest dos come then I welcome the future u. New players might finally have a veteran competitor. But dos pve really need balanced? I never seen 3 priests fighting complaining how one hurts more. Ohh wait u can't fight in pve. As for pvp, argue away