Sign in to follow this  
Sharkin

Remove the new gods from freedom cluster

Remove new gods from freedom.  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the new gods removed from freedom cluster?

• Yes
    • No

Nope!

You have to take the good with the bad. In one thread you guys want to ###### about not having all the same things the PvP servers have, and then turn around in another thread and ###### about not wanting something that is on a PvP server.

I thought the idea was to increase content for everyone.

• Like 1

Nope!

You have to take the good with the bad. In one thread you guys want to ###### about not having all the same things the PvP servers have, and then turn around in another thread and ###### about not wanting something that is on a PvP server.

Not to mention there is Suggestion thread about making PvE-only items.

Nope!

Not if it means Rolf turning on PvP for Freedom Isles servers.

To me that's what "take the good with the bad" means in the context of this discussion.

No to new valrei gods. No to all new valrei content created primarily for PvP servers. (not that I can decide anything with Wurm, just my vote)

Edited by geode

How many Gods does Rolf intend to have in the game? In the end the result will be easy - there is going to be one single god that has "all the good spells" and that's it. It's weird to me seeing as how everyone was making suggestions constantly to improve the balance between gods, and then poof! here's three new ones with completely random spells without any attempt to keep them somewhat in line with the other priests

PS, I already converted yesterday but I can't say I like the idea of having umpteen gods in a year. Or at least not comlete random ones (try to make em seem like, a bit more unique maybe - god of water, god of deserts, god of life, etc)

I didn't cast a vote because I don't entirely agree with purely yes or no, but a little balancing or tweaking wouldn't hurt before putting in more gods (at least to freedom, can't comment about epic)

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

Epic is supposed to be harder - it's billed as being for those who want more of a challenge, isn't it?  So having Valrei mobs on Epic but not on Freedom seems fine to me.  Remember, the object of the exercise is not to create some sort of OCD 'perfectly balanced' system, where everything fits exactly; the purpose is to create something fun.  From the PvE perspective, who cares if the gods are unbalanced?  Who cares if one god has all the best spells?  For non-priests, Vynora has been the 'best' god for ages - why do you think there are so many Vy influence areas as you wander around the lands? - and it hasn't been a problem.  I don't even have an issue with the naming thing, so long as it's not blatently offensive - if someone wants to put the effort into getting a character called xXxdOgElUlZNOOB ascended, fair play to them.  Ask Nathan how easy it was for him to get there, and how he just breezed in with no effort at all.

Give the priest more options on Freedom, more priest alts paid for, Rolf profits.

And Rolf profits legit, no silly cash grabs, I say leave them.

And damn Vynorans and their zealoty altars =P

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

If you don't like the new religions then simply don't use them. Many of us do like them and have already converted. Apparently your need to have them removed, despite them having little to no impact on the community is more important than those who have already invested time converting to them. Not only is the suggestion conceited, it's short-sighted and thoughtless.

Id agree with Alyeska that perhaps limiting the number of new deities so that it doesn't get more crazy than it is may be wise. But just throwing them out of Freedom? No. It's throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Edited by Kruggan
  • Like 1

I like how before this new Gods galore people complained a lot, and I mean a lot. about how the 4 Gods system was severely umbalanced, but now just because they don't like the new Gods, the old system automagicaly becomes perfectly balanced.

Lol.

• Like 4

It wasn't balanced then imo, and it isn't balanced now imo.

I don't think the intent as to why these new gods are allowed on Freedom has anything to do with balance. I think It's about a very old, yet very effective strategy to achieve change when a group resists change... give a group small Shinies of what they want, followed by bigger Shinies, even give them what they don't know they want, tell them what they want to hear, then at some point tell them to choose: Accept [insert decision/change/event] and keep all the Shinies, or give up the Shinies and Decline [insert decision/change/event]. A strategy used to amazing effect thousands of times. I'm fairly certain the desired outcome that Rolf and some Players seek will be achieved.

Only question is when the penny will drop.

Edited by geode

I agree on removing them from the Freedom cluster, but it would be nice to have Libila available on Freedom and perhaps a new BL god with new spells to spice things up.

Nope!

If the player gods are removed, missions should be removed as well... as they have no use on freedom other than to reward players. Moonmetals should also removed as they come from valrei. Valrei mobs should also be removed. PVP should be removed as Freedom is primarily PVE and the minority does anything on Chaos. 

I think all of the above are horrible ideas and should never be implemented.

-1  I enjoy the expanded variety of missions.  It also gives me more options when I finally decide to priest up my alt.  It would be nice though to see some new global spells (RoS, RotS, HC...) added specifically for these new gods.

I guess if I already had a market stranglehold on various enchanting services, especially ones not available on Freedom previously, I would be worried.

• Like 1

-1 Personally I don't see the harm in them. The only affect they have on my personal gameplay is more missions I have a chance to complete.

Some other players seem to enjoy the additional options they offer.

Edited by Chiqa

If we are going to have them then let them be everywhere. 

Not if it means Rolf turning on PvP for Freedom Isles servers.

To me that's what "take the good with the bad" means in the context of this discussion.

No to new valrei gods. No to all new valrei content created primarily for PvP servers. (not that I can decide anything with Wurm, just my vote)

No, that's not what it means. You guys want all the perks of the PvP servers, but none of the risks. Well, I'm pretty sure people that play on PvP servers don't really care what you guys get as opposed to what we have. However, it gets old having to see thread after thread of freedom people whining about one thing or another that they don't like that happens to originate from the PvP servers. Or even better, whining about why there isn't the same stuff on freedom servers that is on the PvP ones. You guys want moon metals and customized wagons and BL priests and mission goodies. But you don't want too many gods or the valrei critters or any other seemingly negative aspects that come along with acquiring those goodies.

In all honesty, all these recent threads just look like crying and nothing more. There is nothing constructive about any of the threads. Just pure tears.

• Like 3

No, that's not what it means. You guys want all the perks of the PvP servers, but none of the risks. Well, I'm pretty sure people that play on PvP servers don't really care what you guys get as opposed to what we have. However, it gets old having to see thread after thread of freedom people whining about one thing or another that they don't like that happens to originate from the PvP servers. Or even better, whining about why there isn't the same stuff on freedom servers that is on the PvP ones. You guys want moon metals and customized wagons and BL priests and mission goodies. But you don't want too many gods or the valrei critters or any other seemingly negative aspects that come along with acquiring those goodies.

In all honesty, all these recent threads just look like crying and nothing more. There is nothing constructive about any of the threads. Just pure tears.

Did you read any of my other posts on any of the other threads? Maybe not.

I don't want your moon metals, or your customizable wagons, nor your new gods, nor any other content meant for PvP servers EPIC and Chaos. I don't even want your sorcery, the meditation, etc...    and I specifically don't want Black Light priests on Freedom Isles... I mean come on already, I refused last year to join the Seven Sins Alliance (SSA) on Xanadu just because of it's name and what it exemplified, so why would I want Blacklighters on Freedom?

Of course you would have no way to know all that. Now you and everyone else does know. Now even my old neighbors in SSa know why I declined their invite.

So I am actually on your side in this, but for slightly differing reasons.

I see all the Valrei stuff as a huge TRAP when placed on Freedom Isles servers. I figure that if Rolf keeps allowing all your PvP intended "Shinies" onto Freedom than one day Rolf look at the servers, and seeing all the Shinies he has given Freedom Isles, but not the Risk, He will give everyone a choice... keep the Shinies and accept PvP or give up all the Shinies and remain PvP free..... guess which way most of the Players will go on that one.... just take a wild guess... The Freedom Isles Players won't give up their Shinies... they make too much money from them, they love them too much, etc., etc. The more Shinies Freedom Isles gets to play with from EPIC/Chaos, the more they will fold and accept PvP.

I agree with you and others (from the PvP servers that oppose the Valrei stuff on Freedom), because I oppose it too, because we aren't taking the risk of PvP and because we may be risking more than we desire to later.

Edited by geode

I have changed my vote. Let it be. Mag and Fo priests will vanish soon from Freedom PVE leaving mainly one main god and a minor secondary - counting the priests. Even myself will convert an alt to a select new deity.

I still strongly hope the number of deities will not increase for a long period now.

Edited by Jaz

No, that's not what it means. You guys want all the perks of the PvP servers, but none of the risks. goodies.

Grow the hell up, not only do we have to deal with your nerfs, we also have most of our suggestions derailed by this exact kind of crap.  You want something no one else but you has, find a wife.  Women are unique.

Freedom getting something you also have shouldn't upset you like this after you've turned 6.

The problem is there may be a necessity in the future to develop a way to remove a full god

This will cause many issues with freedomers that bought/made/paidfor alts just for the sake of priesting as these new religions now being forced to have 0 faith or /transfer or whatever the solution may be

If we stop it while we're ahead, then it's just epic that deals with the loss of epic material, which there aren't even many playtergod followers/priests but I'm sure people here can deal with it

I'm against player religions at all or permanent versions on valrei (with some other valuable reward maybe) so I am for any method of removing them from the game and keeping them epic only to lessen the blow

• Like 4

i dont know i keep thinking that they will have to stop allowing it at some point if we keep getting 1 new god every month. what will happen then with the god that already exist

Heh, PvP won't be coming to freedom. Been there, done that. Wasn't a pleasant experience.

Also consider that there was a weird random situation where several Keys of the Heavens were the prize within a short period of time. Normally they are handed out like once every 15 scenarios. It took quite a while after Nathan until the next one appeared. It's seems bug prone to try to remove deities at this stage, actually.

^^ Never gonna live that down are ya, Rolf? I say this with a chuckle. I have heard this tale around many campfires as well as torch and pitchfork town meetings here in the forums.

Ok, razzing Rolf aside, I don't care if there are new gods on Freedom. They are getting a mix of spells. It's gives diversity. 

Good spell roll as nahjo give stronger char than original ones. Conception of semigod fail. Its not semigod, call it upgod, because spell are generated from 4 original gods. Semigod should be weaker than full god, get less spell or totaly different spell set.

All Nahjo needs is Nimbleness and CoC and all other deities can be removed from freedom.  Generally speaking, hitting the random button is not the best way to balance an MMO...

All Nahjo needs is Nimbleness and CoC and all other deities can be removed from freedom.  Generally speaking, hitting the random button is not the best way to balance an MMO...

because all of the following are 100% useless on freedom:

- refresh

- cure medium

- cure serious

- heal

- light of fo

- mass stamina

- mole senses

- morning fog

- opulence

- humid drizzle

- wild growth