Sign in to follow this  
warrior

New gods, too far?

New gods, too far?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done?

• Allow new gods to created like they are now (change nothing).
    • Remove new gods from all servers and no more created (revert back to what it used to be like).
    • Restrict the new gods to epic only.
    • I don't care, as long as they're removed from freedom/chaos.
    • I don't care either way
    • Have a hardcap on maximum number of gods and allow them to be killed off by other players during epic scenarios

I'm sure everybody is thinking it, so lets put it to a vote.

Edited by warrior

Voted to restrict them to epic only. Epic should have unique content that is available only on those servers. Heck, there are plenty more things that should be epic only but this would be a good start

• Like 1

My own thoughts;

Logically if it continues there is going to be a very crowded pantheon.

Give the players the ability to counter this with the ability to kill a player made god, in a similar process required to create them.

Give out [God Slayer] titles to those who contribute.

This can weed out unwanted deities, but there should also be a way to defend PMG's that are well liked.

• Like 1

Make an option for : Make it possible to remove/kill current PmG and have a hardcap on gods. Because i think the PmG idea is good just it needs a hardcap on number of the gods not remove the thing itself.

• Like 1

It seems like new Gods should replace an existing God. There are always four Gods where functionality and balance are always maintained, only the names change. You can be a God for a long time but you have to fight to stay that way or else you'll become a part of history like the others.

I'm honestly not fussed - more gods means more options, and on PvE, we don't have the kingdom/champion balance issue.  My primary concern as a freedom player is the spell list, and I like that there are new mixes of spells becoming available.  If a new god turns out to be loads better than the one my priest is following, I'll switch; if not, I won't.  My main will stick with Vy (follower) for as long as she continues to give crafting skillgain boost and the occasional RoS.

It seems like new Gods should replace an existing God. There are always four Gods where functionality and balance are always maintained, only the names change. You can be a God for a long time but you have to fight to stay that way or else you'll become a part of history like the others.

i think that would really be bad on the game. If they replace the PmG it would be good, but never would replace Mag, Vyn, Fo or Lib.. that would.. break wurm.

• Like 2

I liked the old cosmos and mythology of Wurm Online. I don't need any new gods.

I changed my vote.

The general attitude of Epic players appears to be, "I don't care about the name"

So maybe it's best if we leave these gods as Epic Only. I don't really want to deal with the backlash that is inevitable when "FreedomSux" or an equivalent troll name becomes a god.

Edited by Dairuka

I changed my vote.

The general attitude of Epic players appears to be, "I don't care about the name"

So maybe it's best if we leave these gods as Epic Only. I don't really want to deal with the backlash that is inevitable when "FreedomSux" or an equivalent troll name becomes a god.

i did actually also.. It is part of the Epic experience and the 4 main gods on freedom sounds much better.

i did actually also.. It is part of the Epic experience and the 4 main gods on freedom sounds much better.

You know an issue is Epically serious when Freedom and Chaos agree.

The cherry picking really needs to stop IMO either you want Valrei or you dont

Missions

Sorcery

Player made gods

Valrei mobs

Butchered Seryll

Terraforming events

All or nothing good with the bad, why only picking the parts that suit you from Epic features and then complaining about evil PvPers

If you don't want the gods then I think its only fair to take all or nothing, lord forbid Epic players have Freedoms 100 skill titles.

• Like 10

i think that would really be bad on the game. If they replace the PmG it would be good, but never would replace Mag, Vyn, Fo or Lib.. that would.. break wurm.

I don't think it would break Wurm, I'm talking about a literal Find -> Replace of God names. Deities are constantly at war with one another to take those official spots. This gives players something to fight for and be proud of without ruining the game. The idea of having new Gods is kind of bad, particularly the random spells. The spells are very stupid when you think about it because at first it's a random collection of spells, then Rolf or a Dev has to look at it and go "nope that's overpowered" and manually reset them to something less useful and balanced than what already exists.

Missions

Sorcery

Player made gods

Valrei mobs

Butchered Seryll

Terraforming events

All or nothing good with the bad, why only picking the parts that suit you from Epic features and then complaining about evil PvPers

If you don't want the gods then I think its only fair to take all or nothing, lord forbid Epic players have Freedoms 100 skill titles.

I see you're point but there is a big difference between all of those things compared to a bunch of epic players that 99% of PvE players don't know becoming gods on freedom servers, with no chance of themselves actually becoming gods, playing the game like they do. 

Edited by warrior
  • Like 1

leave it if you dont want to participate in any of the new god stuff its not really effecting you in any way except more missions/avatars.

Changed my vote from "I don't care, as long as they're removed from freedom/chaos." to "Restrict the new gods to epic only." since the latter was getting more momentum and fundamentally the answer is the same.

players just get confused on freedom since already too many names for same casts....  

Missions

Sorcery

Player made gods

Valrei mobs

Butchered Seryll

Terraforming events

I myself don't want any of the Valrei items. No Missions or any buildings associated with them, no fancy metal, no Karma, No Sorcery, even No Meditation since that all goes together. However... Players like myself aren't generally spending coin on fancy enchants and Choas Kingdom Wagons and Towers and so our influence is overshadowed by those who's coin is Shiny and who's voice is loud and a part of the majority who will take it all if they can.

So Yes SmeJack I personally agree with you. I do not want the Valrei stuff at all on Freedom Isles servers. I wish there was a server where I could move my character to that had none of the items you list.

Since I don't want all this stuff I just try to ignore it and never buy it or use it or do it. I didn't even vote in the poll because I don't think the real issue is the new gods, it's the whole bloody system that's over the top in my view. IMO all that stuff belongs on PvP servers, not the non-PvP servers.

Edited by geode
  • Like 2

well if those new gods were to be removed from freedom, it should have been thought before people start getting priests and pay prem time for them.

I would suggest a restricted number of player-god to limit the actual valrei invasion the time everything get balanced.

New spells for new priests would be a nice option, requiring more devs time.

well if those new gods were to be removed from freedom, it should have been thought before people start getting priests and pay prem time for them.

I would suggest a restricted number of player-god to limit the actual valrei invasion the time everything get balanced.

New spells for new priests would be a nice option, requiring more devs time.

Maybe make a convert available for the priests of that faith. Like choose a god (on pve= Mag/Vyn/Fo, Pvp= Mag/Vyn/Fo/Lib) and keep the faith just change the god type aka if i have a nahjo priest with 80 faith after this i choose for example Vyn i will have a 80 faith Vyn priest.

• Like 1

Missions

Sorcery

Player made gods

Valrei mobs

Butchered Seryll

Terraforming events

Nathan is our One True God. Tosiek and Nahjo are False Gods.

One thread you have players from Epic calling Freedom players entitled for wanting certain new content, the next they're angrily voting for exclusivity on content that's spilled over into Freedom.  Nice.

And yet you don't seem bothered when a nerf hits us from your direction.  Nice.

As I said on the other thread about the exact same thing, let the gods keep spilling over wth, more variety, more priest alts funding CodeClub, more money in game = more content.