Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgarr

Grats to Nathan

• A few bugs that may have prevented Nathan from ascending were found, and he was ascended manually since Fo won this scenario.

Grats to Nathan, but i think this is getting a little out of hand, isnt it?

• Like 6

These god names should not be a real life names imo.

Seriously is getting out of hand. Let's just ruin the game with more gods. Shall we?

EDIT: Changed my wording a bit from my immediate reaction  ^_^

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 2

BS Lotus nathan has been waiting 2 years and is the most deserving of all the gods. Gratz nathan

Edit: nathan should have been the first, Tsiek and Nahjo shouldnt exist if Rolf didnt screw up

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 4

BS Lotus nathan has been waiting 2 years and is the most deserving of all the gods. Gratz nathan

Bias much? lol

Anyway I'm not going to argue with it. I stated how I feel and that's not likely to change.

Edited by Lotus1

gratz, finally this has been fixed

But 4 first, now 7 ... Give it a year and we have more gods then players.

• Like 1

Edit: nathan should have been the first, Tsiek and Nahjo shouldnt exist if Rolf didnt screw up

Yeah i agree with that. I am not saying anything bad about Nathan! Grats to him, but we have now... 7 gods? Vyn, mag, Fo, Lib, Tosiek, Nahjo, Nathan.. from 4 to 7 in a few months? How will this end..

3 gods in less than 6 months? I hope things have been put in place now so we don't have 50 gods over the next 3 years lol...

• Like 2

I do agree there should be a naming policy for godhood.

Perhaps get one of the developers to come up with a very similar name that would fit better into the game's lore.

You could easily warp an existing name into a fantasy lore name, with some effort. Examples of this in process would be:

Nathan -> Nathaniel -> Thaniel -> Thanel -> Thane -> Than

You could then pick the one that sounds the best.

It'd work with gibberish names too:

xx420noscopexx -> Nosco -> Oscon -> Noxon

I mean, even cardinals change their name when they become pope.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 3

Maybe a system where gods can be killed (player ascended) and have like 8 total spots of gods. So if one of the old ones dies a new one can ascend? Or maybe make it about the followers and such? I think there should be a hard cap on number of gods.. otherwise this might go rather bad..

Maybe a system where gods can be killed (player ascended) and have like 8 total spots of gods. So if one of the old ones dies a new one can ascend? Or maybe make it about the followers and such? I think there should be a hard cap on number of gods.. otherwise this might go rather bad..

I have to agree. I'm getting really nervous of this whole godhood.

If it were me I would have Tosiek, Nahjo, and Nathan entirely as a different distinction of god. Perhaps one different from priesthood. That way these guys who have ascended get their distinction, yet aren't wrecking the game and the whole priest system, which wasn't broken to begin with.

Please also keep in mind, I'm not annoyed at Nathan. I'm annoyed at this whole system.

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 2

Grats too. But. Can it be frozen as is? No point I can see in the current system of random spells, awkwardly named after rival gods, and priesting balance is already ruined. Definitely needs a new concept.

Edited by Jaz

I do agree there should be a naming policy for godhood.

Perhaps get one of the developers to come up with a very similar name that would fit better into the game's lore.

You could easily warp an existing name into a fantasy lore name, with some effort. Examples of this in process would be:

Nathan -> Nathaniel -> Thaniel -> Thanel -> Thane -> Than

You could then pick the one that sounds the best.

It'd work with gibberish names too:

xx420noscopexx -> Nosco -> Oscon -> Noxon

I mean, even cardinals change their name when they become pope.

Who cares what he named his character. Can you guys get something better to complain about. He worked really hard for it, it should be named after his char just like everyone else. That's part of the reward.

Gratz Nathan...

• Like 4

Who cares what he named his character. Can you guys get something better to complain about. He worked really hard for it, it should be named after his char just like everyone else. That's part of the reward.

Gratz Nathan...

I do agree! But i think there should be some check on the names. Nathan is a good name but mambojambo123 would not be that much.. Maybe make it so that it goes thru some GM desk (just the name) and he/she will see it has no xxxx-s or 123 or numbers in it?

• Like 3

Gratz Nathan...

[02:23:34] Amberrain80 has joined the ranks of true deities. She invites you to join her religion, as she will now forever partake in the hunts on Valrei!

It's not Nathan that worries me. Nathan is fine, but the future scares me.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Yeah, he has a Hebrew name and not Polish(?) like Tosiek or Inuit(?) like Nahjo.  I don't see this as a problem.

People have been crying out to see Nathan for years, and I'm personally glad to see him ascend too.

That's a forum name not an ingame name, and it still shouldn't matter. Its not your toon, you didn't work for it. Unless the character is named something super inappropriate (like something racist or sexist or otherwise super offensive) it shouldn't matter to anybody, it's just a name. 

Edited by amberain80
  • Like 1

Thats a forum name not an ingame name, and it still shouldn't matter. Its not your toon, you didn't work for it. Unless the character is named something super inappropriate (like something racist or sexist or otherwise super offensive) it shouldn't matter to anybody, It's just a name. 

It affects the roleplay of the game for some. Some people like to immerse themselves in the experience and having a god name like Omgudiezzz (who in theory would have worked really hard for it) would partially wreck the gameplay for those people.

It affects the roleplay of the game for some. Some people like to immerse themselves in the experience and having a god name like Omgudiezzz (who in theory would have worked really hard for it) would partially wreck the gameplay for those people.

Because you have to like every part of everything in the game? No, just stop. If you don't like it don't join his religion. Get over it.

If someone immerses themselves in a game sooooo much that the name of a god would ruin their experience then they need to go outside anyway. 

Edited by amberain80
  • Like 2

Because you have to like every part of everything in the game? No, just stop. If you don't like it don't join his religion. Get over it.

Just because you don't like how some people want to play the game doesn't mean you should tell them what to think about it.

What kills me is this is a group of adults having this conversation...How about making a complaint thread instead of bringing all this rubbish to what was supposed to be a congratulations thread. 

• Like 3

Honestly, I can already see the writing on the wall.

People from Freedom aren't going to take well to the constant new gods. There is already a backlash due to the number of gods - how long do you think it'll take until xxxurmom's godhood causes everybody to outright revolt over the idea?

This isn't even about Nathan, I was using him as an example to maybe create discussion about the implementation of a naming policy. Nathan is plain, average, I can live with Nathan. Hes a good guy, he deserves it. I like Nathan.

What I can't live with is loldogesayswow. This isn't Hyperbole. This isn't me being an alarmist. This is me being a realist. How long until this system gets trolled?

Edited by Dairuka

Just because you don't like how some people want to play the game doesn't mean you should tell them what to think about it.

Also, the same could be said for you. Just because you don't like what someone named their character, doesn't mean you should tell them what to name THEIR god.