I have passed the torch for the map on to Daash! He will do a great job and be able to maintain it much better than I will. Ty all for your support while I worked on the map!

HELLO DELIVERANCE! I will be taking over the Updates from now on for the Deliverance map :-) I would like to thank Akaryd for all the hard work he has done the past year in keeping this map alive and updated, and for asking me to take over this position!

Please post all updates here and do not pm me with updates.

Original Map(recomended): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cdwkxpq85bf3uqa/deliverance%20map.png (updated 18-Aug-2016)

Modified Map(new map dump): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ah1l7elkjdon2zo/modified.png (updated with Original Map Outdated, update pending)

General Instructions

Just post the following information.  And do not PM your update requests. You may however PM me the deed/s you own if you DO NOT want them added to the map! Thanks

• Settlement name
  • Location (x,y)

If posting new roads/tunnels/bridges, then please include an image with your post. Use an image hosting service such as imgur.com. As I travel around Deli I will try to update roads that I travel along.

I will be trying to keep up with deed disbands. If I miss one please let me know in this topic(coords are apreciated)!

For suggestions on features of the map, or changes to the way things are done, please PM me to discuss! You can also make a thread in the deli forum with the change suggestion, makes it easier to gauge interest in the change, as well as keeping this thread for updates to the map!

Credits: Tpikol for making the map, Akaryd for maintaining the map till I took over.

Edited by Nicrolis
Changed wording to allow people to post any deeds, regardless if they are the mayor of the deed.
  • Like 15

And done, all sorted! I shouldn't have any issues with the image uploading for you guys now.

~Moonwood Added

Edited by Nicrolis

Thnx for taking this on Nic, your a real trooper. Good luck.  :P

• Like 1

Good luck, Nicrolis. I'm sure you are a worthy successor.

• Like 2

Thanks for picking up the job - and as well thanks a lot Akaryd for the work you been putting in to keep it up to date!

• Like 1

Updated: Removed Nightmare Animal Retreat due to Disband

Barony of Bone does not exist, it was only there for a while after Wulfgar sold everything.

Theotarra is in its place.

sorry i know its not my deed but it's been bugging me for months.

Edited by Steveleeb

Removed Barony of Bone, and moved several deeds to their proper locations.

• Like 1

Chickenhawk Harbor was placed on wrong coordinates - Should be X4/5 Y20 not the other way around ;p Can I get it moved on the map please

• Like 1

Chickenhawk Harbor was placed on wrong coordinates - Should be X4/5 Y20 not the other way around ;p Can I get it moved on the map please

Will be fixed today, thanks for the correction!

Adjustments:

X5 Y30, Half a league, should be 1 tile south in the centre of Y31

X7 Y29, Hiisteet, actually called "Hillstreet"

Removals:

X5 Y30, Parable Halls, has not been there for ages

X6 Y30, Vanyar, has not been there for ages

X7 Y30, Haus Edelberg, has not been there for ages

Additions:

X4/5 Y30, Haven Hold, in the centre of the line between the two squares

X6, Y30/Y31, Haven Farms, in the centre of the line between the two squares

• Like 1

Additions: 

X8 Y27 Southwest corner of the square - Unchained Destiny

X6 Y29/Y30 Center of the line between the two squares - Rosengaard

X7 Y28 Southeast corner of the square - Whimsical Fantasy

Additions:

X4/5 Y30, Haven Hold, in the centre of the line between the two squares

X6, Y30/Y31, Haven Farms, in the centre of the line between the two squares

Additions: 

X8 Y27 Southwest corner of the square - Unchained Destiny

X6 Y29/Y30 Center of the line between the two squares - Rosengaard

X7 Y28 Southeast corner of the square - Whimsical Fantasy

Erm, community maps are an opt-in system...

I didnt add Lisbet's because I didnt believe those are hers, I added the other 2 because I thought they were his. If they are not I will remove them. Thanks for the heads up Shrimpiie

Haven Hold and Haven Farms are in fact JDBookers, Unchained Destiny and Rosengaard are mine, Whimsical Fantasy is my mothers who wants to be added to the map.  I would not put up information that was not correct.

(The settlement of Shangri La has just been founded by Tanzia.) This was the name of Rosengaard originally, and Tanzia is my character.

(The settlement of Unchained Destiny has just been founded by Lisabet.)

(The settlement of Whimsical Fantasy has just been founded by Tanzia.) Founded for Katrinka before she moved to Deliverance with me.

Thank you for adding these to the map.

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 2

I didnt add Lisbet's because I didnt believe those are hers, I added the other 2 because I thought they were his. If they are not I will remove them. Thanks for the heads up Shrimpiie

Sorry for bringing this topic up again - but it may be a good occasion to discuss it once more.

Honestly, I never understood the approach of deliberately making the community map incomplete. Why should someone be allowed to have their deed NOT appear on the map? Imagine how this would work in real life: we would be left with official road maps of our country that would only contain a small subset of towns, cities and roads. Any mayor would be allowed to have "his" town removed from the map, as if it didn't exist. What use would a map like that be?

I heard many players complain about how the community map is not very helpful because it only contains a small number of existing deeds - probably more than 60% of all deeds are not on the map! And: I am sure that most of the missing deeds are not missing because their mayors are hermits and want to live the secret life of a recluse, but because they just don't care to inform the map makers of their settlement. And even if...

Here is my firm conviction: "A map is a map and it should precisely show what is there!" A map must be a reliable tool containing everything that exists in a certain area - instead of deliberately hiding places and structures! Any player who places a deed is adding an important element to the server community, and by doing so he should be aware that he steps out of the anonymity  and namelessness. (After all, his name and the name of his settlement will appear in the event tab and even on twitter!) So, he should accept that the new place he created will appear on the community map!

Players informing you about existing settlements are actually doing the community a good service. The more complete a community map is the more helpful und usable it will be!

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 5

Sorry for bringing this topic up again - but it may be a good occasion to discuss it once more.

Honestly, I never understood the approach of deliberately making the community map incomplete. Why should someone be allowed to have their deed NOT appear on the map? Imagine how this would work in real life: we would be left with official road maps of our country that would only contain a small subset of towns, cities and roads. Any mayor would be allowed to have "his" town removed from the map, as if it didn't exist. What use would a map like that be?

I heard many players complain about how the community map is not very helpful because it only contains a small number of existing deeds - probably more than 60% of all deeds are not on the map! And: I am sure that most of the missing deeds are not missing because their mayors are hermits and want to live the secret life of a recluse, but because they just don't care to inform the map makers of their settlement. And even if...

Here is my firm conviction: "A map is a map and it should precisely show what is there!" A map must be a reliable tool containing everything that exists in a certain area - instead of deliberately hiding places and structures! Any player who places a deed is adding an important element to the server community, and by doing so he should be aware that he steps out of the anonymity  and namelessness. (After all, his name and the name of his settlement will appear in the event tab and even on twitter!) So, he should accept that the new place he created will appear on the community map!

Players informing you about existing settlements are actually doing the community a good service. The more complete a community map is the more helpful und usable it will be!

The main reason is, some people do not want their deeds on the map. They prefer to be hidden. When the Deli map first came out people were just adding deeds they found. Several of those deed owners got mad and asked for them to be removed and asked for the change.

Edit: I didn't make the rule. Im following the one established before I took over.

Edit2: thank you Lisabet for posting the server messages. I will edit them on in a few.

Edited by Nicrolis

... I didn't make the rule.

Edited by Yaga

I know - and I'm not blaming you, Nicrolis. You just continued what others have started :)

I'm trying to renew the discussion about this so-called "rule" - which isn't one in the first place! Afaik, nobody ever set up an official rule about mayors having the right not to have their deeds on a community map! I know that there were several people raging about their deed appearing on the map - I just don't see their right to be upset. As I said: as soon as I place a deed I am creating a visible settlement on this server, and as such it should appear on the community server map! (See my arguments above.)

Edited by Nicrolis