Sign in to follow this  
PhxReaper

PVP verses PVE

Incorrect. Freedom is a part of Chaos. the Freedom kingdom exists on Chaos, but other kingdoms are allowed on Chaos as part of PvP. To add other kingdoms on the PvE Freedom Isles servers would turn them in to PvP...

Why?  Where is it written that kingdoms can't coexist peacefully?

Why?  Where is it written that kingdoms can't coexist peacefully?

In the code because PMKs are hostile to all other kingdoms like the base kingdoms are. They where never meant to be on the freedom side.

In the code because PMKs are hostile to all other kingdoms like the base kingdoms are. They where never meant to be on the freedom side.

That's why computer code is so awesome, you can add, remove, and modify parts of it to make certain functions be carried out.

The code isnt' written in stone, the PvP mindset however.... 

It's why Alliances were coded.

So alliances could have some PMK-like functions added, pay up their $$$ for having their own art included like a PMK, pimp up their flags and towers and wagons, and I'm sure the water level wouldn't drop 4m on PvP servers.

Is it so important to deny PvE that function that it's imperative that CodeClub NOT open that avenue for new income?

Way to support the game y'all claim to be so superior at and so fundamental to.

Edited by Mordraug

At one time you could ally between kingdoms and be "friendly" but that got removed. So I don't see that code being changed anytime soon.

You guys from the pvp servers confuse me. In threads asking for more deco you brigade and get it shot down because Zomg Laaag. Then in threads like this you cry because Zomg fluff iz R's, U can't haz. Which is it? Make up your minds already..... You either want deco or you don't.

I'm all for removing all deco and colored item from pvp servers.. if you guys want sheer mechanics then have it. Leave all that fluff for us carebears.

I don't want a PMK. I want these guys to stop saying PvE gets everything. The day something goes live and PvP is excluded from it, come see me.

Incorrect. Freedom is a part of Chaos. the Freedom kingdom exists on Chaos, but other kingdoms are allowed on Chaos as part of PvP. To add other kingdoms on the PvE Freedom Isles servers would turn them in to PvP...

Could you explain the logic behind this reasoning please?

"If we change X then Y must occur".  Why?

Freedom was born out of a bad lunch. 

EDIT: No, he is saying Freedom is a Kingdom on Chaos. It exists on Chaos already. Freedom as a Kingdom is part of Chaos. 

Edited by Audrel

PvE has to join a PvP event to participate in HotA.. remember we have to buy our armor and stuff from traders, so there's a risk factor.

PvP can join the PvE treasure hunt with no added risk factor whatsoever.

You clearly know nothing about chaos. The sail over for some kingdoms could end up in a huge risk factor. And to come over for a hunt would mean we would have some good items with us which we risk to sail with. Fact is freedomers sailing over have much less to worry about, you do not have names,that are being located in a regular basis, but when chaos players are online there's a list of people in order that are located over and over.

And a Freedomer, like many new characters (new player or otherwise) don't get jumped "in case it's a spy" or just for the sake of ganking?

You picked the PvP life, still gives you no right to pick our playstyle for us.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 3

are people talking about bringing pvp to freedom?

Nah, Rolf already addressed #badlunchgate lol 

Just trying to address the tough opposition for the "privilege" of paying ***Rolf*** extra for more shines on PvE.

Rolf's facing some fierce competition, that said.

Because the code means anyone of any different kingdom is automatically an enemy. We had different kingdoms on GV before it became Freedom Isles and they were hostile towards each other. Admittedly with rubbish gear and skills capped at 20 not much happened and it took groups to take down a lone tower guard but the point remains that the code automatically results in warring kingdoms.

Edit: Bah - sometimes I regret being staff, I can't have as much fun in the forums as I'd like ;)

Edit again:

Isn't PvP versus PvE, PvPvPvE? We'd need a trippled mob count and some natural disasters thrown in just to take on all the P's...

Alternatively, if it's an equation, you'd end up dividing both sides by P, and ending up with P versus E...

• Like 3

Edit: Bah - sometimes I regret being staff, I can't have as much fun in the forums as I'd like ;)

Edit again:

Isn't PvP versus PvE, PvPvPvE? We'd need a trippled mob count and some natural disasters thrown in just to take on all the P's...

Alternatively, if it's an equation, you'd end up dividing both sides by P, and ending up with P versus E...

BTW. lets not forget the stupid FS gain nerf on PvE

BTW. lets not forget the stupid FS gain nerf on PvE

What FS gain nerf? If you mean how it's so slow over 70Fs, that's the same on PvP servers...

• Like 1

Edit again:

PvPvPvE sounds more fun!

Or maybe..

PeeVeePee vs. PeeVeePee!  -For that E Spam

And a Freedomer, like many new characters (new player or otherwise) don't get jumped "in case it's a spy" or just for the sake of ganking?

You picked the PvP life, still gives you no right to pick our playstyle for us.

The point is if a freedomer crosses over there much better chance for that player to go unnoticed vs a chaos player sailing off server. Chaos players certain ones are located all day long, no one is looking for a freedomer, if they happen to run into said person yeah they are probably dead. Which is why if any freedomer wants to come over for the risk of hota or other things chaos has to offer, they can simply just ask to join a Kingdom, even if they don't plan on being active I'm willing to bet any kingdom on chaos would accept that person.

Back to the OP. I can't get behind this idea right now. Maybe in the future it will be feasable but currently I don't think so.  As much as I like seeing new items and art added, something like this would require a lot of dev resources which I'd rather see go toward more usable features. Cross server alliance chat anyone? How about making hunting hellhounds a bit more exciting beyond charge in, wait for swing timers, butcher and heal?

Personally, i don't give a rats ass about what color is the wagon i'm driving, as long as it holds my 9 crates.

(Even though a dark blue with yellow trims would be awesome.)

Edited by froggy25
  • Like 1

Honestly, I would love to just see the ability to make our own freedom banners and wagons. A few people have mentioned this. We should just avoid calling it a PMK and call it an alliance or guild.. Someone even mentioned we want this all for free, but I have previously stated on this thread that I would be more than happy to pay for features like this on freedom kind of like PMKs but not PMKs. Can't forget to add that we should make it so we can choose our guard tower design, from the already implemented towers. I feel like I have posted this three different times... Lol

I know the title is PvP versus PvE, but its really about the separation of content.

Thanks Demondan and Takatsuki! I was unaware of this. But, yes, that option should be given to us as well.

Heh I'm not against that, mate.  I've been part of PMKs since the first one was launched along with Epic.   I do think alliances should be able to submit their own designs like PMKs do, for their alliance banners.  Towns should be able to quarter their own small insignia on their alliance banners, tabards, etc.     

Setting up a few CMs or GMs who can review a banner, etc , and make sure no one tries to slip anything inappropriate past can't be beyond the scope of things.    And the art packs for them could be updated once a week or so.   

Er one question though... what does unfinished item mailing have to do with anything?   As far as I know Rolf "fixed" a bug we all assumed was a "feature" heheheheheh.

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 2