Sign in to follow this  
PhxReaper

PVP verses PVE

Freedom players PvP, they just don't know it.

The suggestion forums should be renamed Thunderdome.

There is some truth in this

• Like 2

It's not that PvP gets these things because we're the golden children and Freedomers are the neglected, red-headed orphans. When kingdom flags and wagons and whatever were added, Rolf wasn't cackling maniacally and thinking to himself "yeeesssss, this will get those disgusting Freedomers over to the real servers!" It was just a way of distinguishing between different kingdoms, something that is unnecessary on Freedom. No conspiracy required.

If nothing else, all us Freedom players are asking for is the ability to customize our wagons or flags and have the different kingdom guard towers. There are already lots of HotS and all the others sitting around on the freedom cluster. We do not want to add PvP to Freedom.

Once again I will state, keep your negative low-grade comments to yourself. This is a discussion, not a place to put people down.

Edited by shuego

"yeeesssss, this will get those disgusting Freedomers over to the real servers!" 

More like "Freedomers want <x> new thing... this could bring some profit to Wu........ no.. guys no no no I'm sorry, PvP only!  Don't look at me like that, makes me saaaad... nono that's ok they can't have it (sorry Johan, we can't afford you), I'm sorry guys... is the new map ok?  No? Let me make 2 more!  Where's that smile that makes my days shine?"

Well then stop playing, i for myself wouldn't care more or less.

Why do ineffectual people thinks they have to make random comment's?

Edited by PhxReaper

Actually, we are not asking for the ability to steal. What we are asking for is the ability to choose what kingdom guard tower we like on freedom, and also choose what kingdom wagon we would like. Or even just make it so we can, as mentioned earlier by Demondan, create custom banners and wagons like PMKs. We do not want PvP. We simply want the same customization. As for special items, I think they need to rethink the way unique creatures distribute loot or something along these lines, specially since a lot of people take it upon themselves to make the fights private.

The issue here is now not that you're asking for equality with pvp servers, you're asking for more pvp content than pvpers even get.  I can't choose what kingdom wagon I make.  It comes out as mr every time I try.  Every guard tower I make is only mr.  We have nothing special that we can make different from our default items

Some other form of custom banners and stuff?  Whatever, doesn't bother me.  But asking for more pvp content than we're even able to get ourselves on pvp servers to begin with easily does bother me

• Like 4

More like "Freedomers want <x> new thing... this could bring some profit to Wu........ no.. guys no no no I'm sorry, PvP only!  Don't look at me like that, makes me saaaad... nono that's ok they can't have it (sorry Johan, we can't afford you), I'm sorry guys... is the new map ok?  No? Let me make 2 more!  Where's that smile that makes my days shine?"

Didn't he just halt progress on most of the game's development for like a year and a half because Freedom wanted bridges to make their deeds pretty? What about all of the new decorative options that get released on a regular basis, which aren't exactly a high priority for most PvPers? If Freedom had a multitude of kingdoms yet weren't able to customize them for whatever reason, then I'd understand the cries of oppression. But there is only one kingdom on Freedom, hence one design. It's not Rolf trying to ruin your gameplay in hopes that you'll play the way he wants. This could have been a simple "allow us to upload custom flags/tabards/wagons" thing, but of course it had to be politicized, because everyone's a victim nowadays.

Didn't he just halt progress on most of the game's development for like a year and a half because Freedom wanted bridges to make their deeds pretty? 

Right, you guys were against bridges, definitely didn't want them for your combat setups or to reach the hota spot on elevation.

Shame on us for forcing bridges upon your burdened shoulders.

Funny how so far all the things you guys scream to be "for PvE" are also available on PvP, both mechanic and aesthetic.

Right, you guys were against bridges, definitely didn't want them for your combat setups or to reach the hota spot on elevation.

Shame on us for forcing bridges upon your burdened shoulders.

Funny how so far all the things you guys scream to be "for PvE" are also available on PvP, both mechanic and aesthetic.

We weren't the ones screaming and threatening to quit every week that bridges weren't added. That's my point.

And as for the rest of your comment, read my post here.

If so, then why does the PVP servers get all these nice items, wagons, guard towers and we don't?

Except each kingdom can only make THEIR type of wagon, tower etc. They're just as limited as Freedom which is infact it's own kingdom. As far as nice items go, PvP has the chance to get a couple of extra metals which have limited use, and PvE USED to have valeri mobs (which as I understand it do have a chance to drop some of these things occasionally) but they were so strong most people complained and wanted them off the PvE servers...

The point is some do not want to PvP at all, and they also pay for this game. I would hardly call it "irrational and blinded by jealousy". We just want more customization other than an ugly wagon or ugly freedom isles guard tower when we know that there are others implemented in the game already.

Actually I rather like the Freedom guard tower model, aesthetics are a personal taste and I think it's fair enough to have one option per kingdom, otherwise you'll hav PvP players complaining they can only make one type of tower instead of all of them.

• Like 3

The issue here is now not that you're asking for equality with pvp servers, you're asking for more pvp content than pvpers even get.  I can't choose what kingdom wagon I make.  It comes out as mr every time I try.  Every guard tower I make is only mr.  We have nothing special that we can make different from our default items

Some other form of custom banners and stuff?  Whatever, doesn't bother me.  But asking for more pvp content than we're even able to get ourselves on pvp servers to begin with easily does bother me

We aren't looking for PvP content. On "Freedom" emphasis on Freedom, we should be able to choose what we want to represent instead of having to set foot on a PvP server or even pay for it, not that I am against paying for the items. Since the content is already in the game, why not just make it so Freedomers can choose what they want instead of having to set foot on a PvP server.

Simply put, since the current wagons, banners and guard towers minus the PmK's, have been in the game for a while why not just make it so Freedom can choose the one they want to represent instead of either paying for it or getting it from someone for free on the PvP server.

As far as the new decorations and addons recently, those apply to both PvE and PvP.

The conclusion of this remains,

"allow us to upload custom flags/tabards/wagons"

This is ultimately what this thread is trying to achieve with the addition of the choice of different guard towers that are currently implemented.

• Like 1

Except each kingdom can only make THEIR type of wagon, tower etc. They're just as limited as Freedom which is infact it's own kingdom. As far as nice items go, PvP has the chance to get a couple of extra metals which have limited use, and PvE USED to have valeri mobs (which as I understand it do have a chance to drop some of these things occasionally) but they were so strong most people complained and wanted them off the PvE servers...

Actually I rather like the Freedom guard tower model, aesthetics are a personal taste and I think it's fair enough to have one option per kingdom, otherwise you'll hav PvP players complaining they can only make one type of tower instead of all of them.

This makes sense, however on PvP the difference is their kingdom means something. On Freedom, its just Freedom Isles. There really is no "Kingdom" so we should be free to choose what we want to represent. In my case I am a huge fan of the HotS tower, banners, and wagons.

Edited by shuego

This makes sense, however on PvP the difference is their kingdom means something. On Freedom, its just Freedom Isles. There really is no "Kingdom" so we should be free to choose what we want to represent. In my case I am a huge fan of the HotS tower, banners, and wagons.

This too makes sense, but equally I feel that a player who wishes to represent a kingdom, should become that kingdom, so travel to Chaos, joing HotS, make all the banners, flags, towers and wagons you want, and bring them back to Freedom.

• Like 3

This too makes sense, but equally I feel that a player who wishes to represent a kingdom, should become that kingdom, so travel to Chaos, joing HotS, make all the banners, flags, towers and wagons you want, and bring them back to Freedom.

Yeah, because no matter how good I became at tailoring or how good a sewing machine i bought, I'd never be able to make a Chinese flag unless I move to Beijing first and practice some kung fu on the locals.

Nice how "it's a sandbox, everything goes!" is highly shouted when it comes to curtailing the activities of griefers and thieves, but making a flag or a different tower needs this big bad restriction.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 5

Yeah, because no matter how good I became at tailoring or how good a sewing machine i bought, I'd never be able to make a Chinese flag unless I move to Beijing first and practice some kung fu on the locals.

Nice how "it's a sandbox, everything goes!" is highly shouted when it comes to curtailing the activities of griefers and thieves, but making a flag or a different tower needs this big bad restriction.

So true.

You guys have no leg to stand on in this request, but nevertheless, I say give the freedomers every last thing that we have on the PvP servers, with the exception of being able to attack and steal from each other.

Of course, you may want to visit the other threads about not wanting the gods, and valrei critters, and a whole laundry list of other things they don't want. Those guys might have a say in that discussion.

Wake up and smell the coffee. You people on freedom servers haven't got a single clue wtf you want half the time, and honestly can't agree on one single thing ever. Hell, even the PvP crowd agrees 100% sometimes. And we fight each other every day in game. I know some people in the game that actually HATE each other, but will agree in the forums from time to time. These recent threads are ridiculous and it's starting to stink up the place. And to think I was told I can't have an Epic forum account link because I am too toxic. I only wish I could post there so I could be done with hanging around this dump.

I fully understand why PVPers dont want this. And I see some understand our issue with this. But, the best solution to fix this problem I believe is what someone else has said on this post, have it set so these items can't cross into PVP or to PVE servers so it won't hurt the economy on either.

• Like 1

Actually something that might be interesting is for freedom to adopt PMKs with a small amount of their deed upkeep going to the central deed of their PMK on chaos.

Think of the potential ^_^

• Like 1

You guys have no leg to stand on in this request, but nevertheless, I say give the freedomers every last thing that we have on the PvP servers, with the exception of being able to attack and steal from each other.

Of course, you may want to visit the other threads about not wanting the gods, and valrei critters, and a whole laundry list of other things they don't want. Those guys might have a say in that discussion.

Wake up and smell the coffee. You people on freedom servers haven't got a single clue wtf you want half the time, and honestly can't agree on one single thing ever. Hell, even the PvP crowd agrees 100% sometimes. And we fight each other every day in game. I know some people in the game that actually HATE each other, but will agree in the forums from time to time. These recent threads are ridiculous and it's starting to stink up the place. And to think I was told I can't have an Epic forum account link because I am too toxic. I only wish I could post there so I could be done with hanging around this dump.

^^ To me this has some very valid points.

You mean we get to play the game for free?  When did we stop having to pay?  Who do I talk to to get this month's money back? 

And yeah, you're being hella toxic.

• Like 2

I think it's quite clear what we want on this thread. Valid points but the toxicity is real.

You mean we get to play the game for free?  When did we stop having to pay?  Who do I talk to to get this month's money back? 

And yeah, you're being hella toxic.

I'm lost on this one. What exactly did I say about playing for free? What does money have to do with any of this?

I'm lost on this one. What exactly did I say about playing for free? What does money have to do with any of this?

We're also goddamn customers, that's what.

When you guys request something it's "feedback" and you're "paying customers"... when Freedom requests something you guys storm the thread and suddenly we're "whiners" and "acting entitled".  

WELL TO HELL WITH THAT.  MY DOLLAR IS WORTH AS MUCH AS YOURS.

• Like 1

When you guys request something it's "feedback" and you're "paying customers"... when Freedom requests something you guys storm the thread and suddenly we're "whiners" and "acting entitled".  

Yeah this attitude right here is what keeps derailing good discussions and I am tired of their crap. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion that has value, then kindly click away. Also notice it's mostly the PvP crowd acting this way. *shots fired*

Edited by shuego

The wagons and banners should stay the way they are. The reason for this being that each kingdom can only make ONE type of wagon/banner/whatever else with their kingdom design on. Only seems fair that Freedom should get ONE type too.

• Like 2