Sign in to follow this  
PhxReaper

PVP verses PVE

Lmao, nobody is stopping you from sailing to chaos and stealing a few banners from MR.

Or you could simply buy it from them. I don't see much use for PMKs in PVE since the

whole point of them was for pvp. And also they pay 1Gold to get their PMKs.

-1 If you want MR,JK,BL,HOTS or Ebonauran wagons and banners, then just ask them, who knows maybe some of them will hand them for free.

That's my point, And that's all I'm asking is why we don't have the same option to pay the 1 gold to get the PMK,s? I don't want to go to a PVP server. The PMK's should be offered across the board. What difference does it make if we have the option to buy that here?

Edited by PhxReaper

And also they pay 1Gold to get their PMKs.

That's my point, And that's all I'm asking is why we don't have the same option to pay the 1 gold to get the PMK,s? I don't want to go to a PVP server. The PMK's should be offered across the board. What difference does it make if we have the option to buy that here?

What would the PMK on Freedom do that an alliance doesn't do? Kill pigs together?

• Like 1

What would the PMK on Freedom do that an alliance doesn't do? Kill pigs together?

If you read the posts, it would give PvE the opportunity to create their own banners and wagons.

• Like 1

If you read the posts, it would give PvE the opportunity to create their own banners and wagons.

But then why not just do that for alliances that are big enough or one for each server?

That is a player made kingdom. Without the added pvp features.

Edited by shuego

That is a player made kingdom. Without the added pvp features.

So then why not just make a suggestion to add the wagons and banners for each server rather than suggesting us be able to make PMK's? ;)

Would have been better if we had guilds with rules, own chat channel for each guild and other benefits in pve, instead of kingdoms. Like a hunters guild, smith guild, enchanter's guild, carpenter's guild etc.

People would chat inside their own guild chat, be able to use their guild's emblem on flags, wagons etc., would help each other in the guild and such and while the type of the guild would be chosen from a given default options, the name would be given by the founder who has to pay a huge sum of silvers, there could be more than one guild for each type.

In my opinion, kingdoms in pve would only make sense if we had a server like epic's elevation that we sometimes go (with teleport for example, like in epic) from our pve servers to pvp and build fortifications. Not like chaos where you have to live there and have to join many year old kingdoms or try to compete against them. Without pvp, kingdoms wouldn't make much sense

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 1

Pretty sure Black legion did a big sale out or giveaway of their banners and wagons when they designed them.

Seriously, I get tired of pvp players telling dedicated pve players to just go to chaos and quit complaining.  PvE is a way of (game) life.  There is a majority of the player population that never wants to set foot on a pvp server.  Personally, killing, stealing, griefing to other players feels terrible to most PvE players, so don't bother using that response. 

Yes, some PvP players are very generous.  I have 5 guard towers that were offered to me free (I still paid a small tip as a thanks) and I've known several other people that were given nifty things, but we really are at the mercy of the PvP realm for collecting any of those goodies.

So yes, when you live on the PvE side of the fence, where the bulk of the population exists, it seems crazy that Rolf/devs insist on offering special rewards to those that play PvP. 

How about we get special, equally interesting rewards for being PvE?  The longer we remain without performing any pvp oriented act, or setting foot on a pvp server, the more interesting our rewards become?  Obsidian armor and weapons? Carts, wagons and boats that are self illuminated, like a lantern of equal QL?  Special trees that only grow on our servers - Palm? Orange? Plum? Bamboo?

Do something like that and now we can have profitable, bidirectional trade, between PvP and PvE servers.

Or, like many have proposed, lock the borders, preventing travel and mail between pvp and pve completely.  Split the code.  Toss out the pvp gods from pve, then have at it.  Make all the crazy rewards you want, to entice more folks to try pvp.  Then we can start relaxing a bunch of rules on PvE, that restricted our functionality, because it would cause issues in a pvp setting.

I've played so many other games where pvp and pve were never once connected.  If you wanted to pvp, you had to start a new character on that server. Would you believe I never once heard an issue from anyone on the pve servers, complaining about the pvp folks in those games? Yet here in Wurm, there has never been a time when there wasn't a great deal of debate and controversy, since I've been playing.

my 2 cents (again)

• Like 1

I'm MR on Epic, I make mr wagons.  Why can't I make jk wagons??? Or bl? Or freedom? 

That's... just like freedom only being able to make freedom wagons, because freedom isles is your kingdom.  The only difference between freedom and chaos/epic is the ability to steal other kingdom's items

So when we ask for equality between pvp and pve when it comes to kingdom content, we're asking for the ability to steal on freedom to be added.  That will allow you to gain that extra content we can't create but have to steal

• Like 1

Not really, extra Freedom-only kingdoms based on Freedom templare (no stealing/killing allowed) would just add another level of customization options to the game - think of paid alliances with their own flags/bannors/wagons. :)

I'll just repeat what another person has said here 95% of pvpers are pvers this excluding servers is not right to do but your pve base. If you want to take something off a pvp server that you don't pay for you know like glimmer and addy and pay your cheap upkeep on freedom, fine, if you want to be as selfish as that by all means. If you want to have it readily available and that's a yes then fine, it's really up to the majority vote and for Rolf to organise. You should fine the proper channel to organise this with Rolf.

It was only ever brought in to give a battleground and something interesting to fight over. These special rewards was brought in to give a fighting ground something interesting and that is what you want to take away. Pvp and pvers enjoy having that battleground but you want to take it away and take all that enjoyment out of wurm from a large number of people. Does that sound not fair to you ?If you value these items so highly then organise a petition with Rolf. With the kind of attitude I do see from a select few it pains me to say but I'd rather have all these particular items scrapped just so you don't get a chance to use them as you don't sound respectful in any sense of the word.

*referring to when freedom won the right to have spells*

Now you say you want that scrapped, all pvp gods gone, all the Valeri items that were obtained by current pvers ? That originated from epic, and those that had those items will remain while those who don't have the Valeri spells will never get a chance to.

Here is a thought, with the loot drop for uniques, have that distribute small amounts of glimmer and addy with everyone in the area of the kill just like how we have drake and scale distributed.

Edited by demondan
  • Like 1

I'm MR on Epic, I make mr wagons.  Why can't I make jk wagons??? Or bl? Or freedom? 

That's... just like freedom only being able to make freedom wagons, because freedom isles is your kingdom.  The only difference between freedom and chaos/epic is the ability to steal other kingdom's items

So when we ask for equality between pvp and pve when it comes to kingdom content, we're asking for the ability to steal on freedom to be added.  That will allow you to gain that extra content we can't create but have to steal

Actually, we are not asking for the ability to steal. What we are asking for is the ability to choose what kingdom guard tower we like on freedom, and also choose what kingdom wagon we would like. Or even just make it so we can, as mentioned earlier by Demondan, create custom banners and wagons like PMKs. We do not want PvP. We simply want the same customization. As for special items, I think they need to rethink the way unique creatures distribute loot or something along these lines, specially since a lot of people take it upon themselves to make the fights private.

Edited by shuego

Threads from PvE asking that a CASH SERVICE (or silver sink, same thing) be added to the game so we can customize our stuff spring up all the time.... I'm gonna suggest it again.

Either a website cash shop, or trader goods that allow us, WITH THE CORRESPONDING SKILLS TO CRAFT THE ITEM, access to some interface that allows us to customize wagons, banners, sails, and whatnot,..... hell.. WITH THE CORRESPONDING RAW MATERIALS AVAILABLE.  Something like the shop signs but with more options to combine images.  Maybe a cash service to have our own handmade images added pmk-style.

PvP folks, your thoughts?  *grabs popcorn*

Edit: 

Examples, finish a tower, if you have the "wand of guard tower" from a trader, you use it on the tower, get a choice of several existing designs, tower becomes "unfinished snazzy tower" which you then gotta complete with (random example) cloth for the banners, gold for the door trimmings, and iron for the spikes.

Ship sails:  Wand of sail ohlala.  Same thing, pick images, need dye materials, maybe precious metal for some of the embroidery.

CodeClub contests for players to submit images on and off, "This month, we need new wagon cover designs.. GO.. winner gets a free wand of wagon prettying."

Edit 2:  I'd pay 5s for the Wolf n' Rooster logo on a "show of wealth" sign for an inn on my deed.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

Threads from PvE asking that a CASH SERVICE (or silver sink, same thing) be added to the game so we can customize our stuff spring up all the time.... I'm gonna suggest it again.

Either a website cash shop, or trader goods that allow us, WITH THE CORRESPONDING SKILLS TO CRAFT THE ITEM, access to some interface that allows us to customize wagons, banners, sails, and whatnot,..... hell.. WITH THE CORRESPONDING RAW MATERIALS AVAILABLE.  Something like the shop signs but with more options to combine images.  Maybe a cash service to have our own handmade images added pmk-style.

PvP folks, your thoughts?  *grabs popcorn*

Edit: 

Examples, finish a tower, if you have the "wand of guard tower" from a trader, you use it on the tower, get a choice of several existing designs, tower becomes "unfinished snazzy tower" which you then gotta complete with (random example) cloth for the banners, gold for the door trimmings, and iron for the spikes.

Ship sails:  Wand of sail ohlala.  Same thing, pick images, need dye materials, maybe precious metal for some of the embroidery.

CodeClub contests for players to submit images on and off, "This month, we need new wagon cover designs.. GO.. winner gets a free wand of wagon prettying."

Edit 2:  I'd pay 5s for the Wolf n' Rooster logo on a "show of wealth" sign for an inn on my deed.

Great ideas right here. I could see something like this working. At the same time it might help the wurm economy. I personally wouldn't have any problem purchasing the items required to get different guard tower designs or wagons.

Sounds cool more customisable,

I had a thought, I thoughts freedomers didn't want to pay for new appearance features which is what spawned these kind of threads ?

I don't know. So long as the prices aren't insane it should be alright.

Sounds cool more customisable,

I had a thought, I thoughts freedomers didn't want to pay for new appearance features which is what spawned these kind of threads ?

Dig deep in Epic's derail section, it's officially known as the Suggestions' forum.

Tons of "If you want special stuff move to pvp"-derailed threads to pick from.

Yes, I must confess that Rolf treats pvpers as the favored, and beats pve'ers like a red-headed stepchild.

There is even a secretive cabal of players who whisper into Rolf's ears while he sleeps, via IRC chat/VOIP Bluetooth speakers covertly implanted into the headboard.

Wish I had Zeno's confession about Rolf favoring the HoTS kingdom to help backup this point. :ph34r: Sadly those older versions of the public forums went the way of the dodo.

• Like 2

No one should run a business based off your own personal preference. I love the game greatly. But unfortunately if he took PVE away, I would have to stop playing. Like anyone else, I have my own preference and I have no interests in PVP.

Well then stop playing, i for myself wouldn't care more or less.

• Like 1

Ownerpure, that attitude needs to go out the window, please leave your comments to yourself if you have nothing of value to add to the thread.

• Like 1

Freedom players PvP, they just don't know it.

The suggestion forums should be renamed Thunderdome.

• Like 1