Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Do you like active worlds or quiet worlds?

Curious as to what most peoples opinions are.

The most fun I've had in this game is when my server (Serenity) has had over 70-90 people playing. I prefer my servers with a hustle and bustle of people, the questions of noobs, and neighbors to throw stones at :D but that's just me. 

• Like 1

Shaddup! Trying to bot in peace here.

Xanadu is nice because it has a population that can steadily keep freedom chat going, but it has enough space so you can be in your own desolate area if you so desire.

active.  crowded servers are good for business.  Makes me want to hoard more land.  I spent way more on deeds when on Pristine than I do on Xan - for single deed total size I should say.  On Xan, I make lots of tiny deeds.

Active is good for some but having your own space is what most enjoy with maybe a few friends nearby.

I like to be in semi-active area - with some deeds around, but enough place to expand deed in any direction and have place for personal/village projects without angering anyone. Even better if terrain is hard to terraform and forces cooperation of many villagers to even make a road connecting the place with rest of a world.

• Like 1

I don't prefer either way. I do prefer playing along side others who respect other people and their 'stuff'. One a** hole neighbor destroys the game. 

As long as I'm around the right people. I am happy either way.

If you get the wrong neighbors like I have in the past (ie. bullies, etc), then it just ruins the fun like Clatius said.

I like having my own "home" deed in a quiet area with no traffic, but the ability to sometimes visit markets, community events and "active" areas.

If I had to totally chose one or the other, I would chose a quiet remote server,  not an active dynamic one. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

While I enjoy talking to others from time to time I find it detracts from what I am trying to accomplish. Recently Pristine was invaded by the dragon slayers with names flooding local and chat filling the tab. Solution for me, grab the bottom right corner of chat tab and condense it upwards so only the chat tab names are showing. Playing with sounds off, peace once again returns. So, there are options for more reflective moments to continue undisturbed.

=Ayes=

All of it. Have deeds at lonely places and at busy areas too so can choose my surroundings according to my mood...

I like my local to be secluded but i like the buying and selling to be active so on that aspect i guess i would prefer busy...so both i guess. 

As long as I'm around the right people. I am happy either way.

If you get the wrong neighbors like I have in the past (ie. bullies, etc), then it just ruins the fun like Clatius said.

This sums it up for me too. 

Xanadu is as active as it gets, and i love it.

sure there is plenty of empty spaces but it just goes to show how varied it is. I wouldn't even mind if there were good +500 more people. 

Xanadu is nice because it has a population that can steadily keep freedom chat going, but it has enough space so you can be in your own desolate area if you so desire.

This is basically my ideal. I live on Release and I love being able to live fairly remotely with only a few nearby neighbours, but I do miss the busy kchat of when I used to live on Inde :(