Sign in to follow this  
Malcore

The Lack of PVE love in this game is in a very Sad state!

The Topic title says it all! Needs better spawns and faster spawns! Needs more reasons to  kill creatures other then meat and hides! Please look into this. I love combat but this game there is no need to really hunt! 

thanks

Edited by Malcore
  • Like 4

It's really because this is not a theme park game.  The usual run around and hack-n-slash is just not what Wurm Online is about.

Funny how this is a thread about pve but the first person to post is a pvper. Hah.

It's really because this is not a theme park game.  The usual run around and hack-n-slash is just not what Wurm Online is about.

It could have a much better PVE experience with some new additions.

That is what I was getting at Tsetse! Thanks for responding!

the combat is indeed not fun or that rewarding, but im here to build and for the poitics~

well, I have to say, NOT finding a full set of platemail on a buffalo is rather refreshing.  Kill critter, skin it, get animal parts.  Imagine that!  Respawn should be more frequent and aging to death faster on off deed agro - or something to make it more lively in the wild.

• Like 2

o.O ... the combat in wurm is great.. i like it is more about hunting and gaining skill instead of getting a plate set from a bison.. hahah.. that is true.. or killing a dear and getting 20 copper coins from his body.. I am sorry but i think things are great as they are..

• Like 2

I demand full sets of plate when killing a zombie!

• Like 1

For hardcore survival lover like me there could be longer years in game and seasonal spawn rates like in spring lots of herbivores, in summer herbivores and carnivores equal, in autumn few animals and in winter none else than rare predators like wolves. Also i would like if there could be changes for plants/crops and longer time before they get ready for harvest. 

In my dream also the food spoilage could be extended to fsb's and accelerated outside of it, so you need to prepare to the long winter early on.

• Like 1

Well plate drops isn't where Malcore was going with that I don't think.  But more spawns, adding new mobs to the game, goblin fortress's or even goblin mines would be a nice add.  I think the PVE system could use some work, as i do like to go out and hunt stuff to take a break from building all the time.  I would love to see some added flair to the PVE side of the game.  We had green scorps over on Indy for a while, those were nice, but on xanadu haven't seen any like that.  I would just like to see more done with it.

well, I have to say, NOT finding a full set of platemail on a buffalo is rather refreshing. 

Can someone please explain what this plate and bison thing is all about?

Can someone please explain what this plate and bison thing is all about?

A jab at the game that must not be named. :-P

• Like 1

Well plate drops isn't where Malcore was going with that I don't think.  But more spawns, adding new mobs to the game, goblin fortress's or even goblin mines would be a nice add.  I think the PVE system could use some work, as i do like to go out and hunt stuff to take a break from building all the time.  I would love to see some added flair to the PVE side of the game.  We had green scorps over on Indy for a while, those were nice, but on xanadu haven't seen any like that.  I would just like to see more done with it.

This.

Why not deeds akin to spawn deeds but with buncha goblins living in it, that kind of stuff.  Shouldn't be OP if we can't take what we butcher, but storming the goblins would make a good side activity here and there (for example).

• Like 1

I dont mean loot drops like armor and weapons! I love this crafting system and Im grinding Ws right now. they could add kill quests for x amount of troll teeth and in return u get something to improve the crafting system into a weapon you are making! One of the biggest problems is spawns for me right now! I moved way up north to xan to find a mob in 10 tiles away. The combat system as a whole is terrible. Slow and choppy. 

the combat is indeed not fun or that rewarding, but im here to build and for the poitics~

If you want combat to be rewarding, then i suggest you try one of the pvp servers *FULL LOOT PVP* ;)

A jab at the game that must not be named. :-P

Aah, ty. Haven't played in a while.

PvE experience in this game definitely needs more love... I get that the developers focus on pvp a lot more because popular mmorpgs are PvP ones and from that perspective PvP is what the future of the game depends on but most of the playerbase they have now is in PvE.  I think this deserves some respect and attention. We need more activity with PvE because going around killing animals is not much fun, an activity most people do for the butchering skill and what it produces from the animal. The humanoids we have (trolls and goblins) are just roaming around like common animals, without any settlements, without a culture and items they carry that resemble their culture, no variety in weapons etc.

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 1

LoL are u kididng me pvp in a choppy crap combat system I will pass

but thanks

• Like 1

Instanced combat or at least spoon fed combat will come soon. It won't be the amazing goblin fortresses we imagine. That's too much. Goblins running amock causing chaos and frustration? Won't ever work.

Instanced goblins that wait to die? Might work. If it's spoon fed and instant and served on a silver plate. The moment the goblins actually pose a threat is the moment the idea is killed. Goblin-lite.

The sad thing is I think I know what the OP is saying. Unfortunately, that's not how it'll happen. It's not how it ever happens in any game. The only chance to get what you want is either in a different game or a future game. The current game, like any game, cannot see beyond the narrow focus of its singular vision. So the inevitable result is not more amazing emergent harrowing speculator fights, but easy installments of instant dumb s***

Instant and easy is (almost or surely) always hte answer when time is short and can't do nothing. It's amazing but there're untold of numbers of plaerys who desire instant/easy. If it sits and waits to die and it's easy, they like it. But this is not to say just adding syrup to everything makes it good. No. There still needs to be a game underneath the syrup. Continued negligence means no amount of syrup piled on top of the game will keep the players paying.

Edited by Lightonfoot

In regards to goblins, they use to be more of a threat when in groups. If a player started to weaken or lose stamina, more goblins in the area would respond.

Now they spawn too far apart, and not difficult to be picked off.