Sign in to follow this  
Aariez

Re-evaluate Shattering?

If we keep the 50 faith 30 channelling priest can get a 99 cast on an item then we keep the shattering. They are the two extremes of the enchant system.

If there were a re-work to how enchanting works then the entire system needs to be reviewed.

You get a -1 from me for just saying "remove shattering".

Change that to "enchanting review" and I'll change my response to a +1 :)

He doesn"t say "remove" he says "re-evaluate". Shatter needs to be replaced with something else.

Also, how lucky you are that I have a 30 channeling newb priest. It cast 74 power once (kill the heretic!), below 10 power like more than 20 times, around 40 for about 4 times, below 20 for about 5 times I think. It doesn't shatter that often either, it just casts really low and very often fail without shattering. Newbie priests can"t cast million times with favor items either. If few who are owned by a veteran can, then they won't be staying at 30 channeling or 40 or 50 channeling for a long time don't worry. I personally don't have problems with shatter on my newb priest since I don't try to make anything to sell with enchants, I have problem because I can't get my rare or supreme personal items to be enchanted by a high channel priest without having to risk it.

Some highend priests make it sound like enchant power has nothing to do with channeling at all. How lovely to see so many posts that translate to "bash the peasants and give the nobles more". Why new players don't get a new completely isolated server and have to deal with all this beats me. 

Edited by Simyaci

Yup, a re-evaluation would be a good thing.

For all I care, maybe a 1 hour faith-nerf (say you fall back to half your faith, so you have to stop casting for an hour to meditate on what you just done wrong), but the random shattering isnt good for a persons heart.

Seeing a 93ql rare longsword (with already high enchants on it) shatter in the hands of a 90+channeling priest is kinda heart-attack-inducing. (good friend of mine also had a scale-set piece shatter, again, very high ql (90+) item and very high skilled priest (90+))

+1 to replacing shattering with something else. For example, instead of shattering the item could take a lot of damage, and the enchant which you were trying to improve could actually lose some power (other unrelated enchants on the item should not be affected).

Overall the entire enchanting system could use an overhaul. For example, right now it's easier to dispell and cast anew than to improve an enchant, that should be adressed.

How I can go through 250 Cordage(5 favor per rope) to get 1 70 cast and the rest below 70 on an 88 Channeling, 50SD vyn is beyond me.

+1 to an item taking a large amount of damage on a failure. With a range from X to Y damage depending on how bad you failed.

I'd like to see shattering replaced with something that is not so unforgiving.

* "remove shattering for priests with some high amount of applicable skills", okay.

* "Nerf the priest's casting ability in some way for a limited and random time" HECK NO!

* "Remove all other enchants on the item", okay.

* "Greatly reduce the items quality", okay. I'm not sure what would happen here if the item was already low quality. 

I'd add:

1. Do some very lengthy process to protect the item. I'm think about 24 hr worth of action time for earth hour of no shatter protection. It might be cool if it was an improvement process that priest could do. This would be a great way to add in other ways for priests to get SD and channeling. SD and Chan gain would need to be very slow likely even slower then weaponsmithing.

2. sacrifice a great sum of value to your god and get the item back. Not sure how level of a playing field this one maybe if the value has to be in a single sacrifice. 

Oh and last but by no means least....EXPLAIN THE CHANGES!

• Like 1

While I don't have a priest, I do think the shattering mechanic is a bit too much, maybe put enchanting more in line with the rest of skills, so wen you fail you actually decrease the power of the enchant, like a small fail takes 1-3 power a moderate fail takes 10 power and a catastrophic fail remove the enchant entirely.

The item gives a resonating sound but stays intact -1 to -3 power

The item gives a resonating sound and takes some damage -10 power

The item is shattered = enchant vanished.
Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1

While I don't have a priest, I do think the shattering mechanic is a bit too much, maybe put enchanting more in line with the rest of skills, so wen you fail you actually decrease the power of the enchant, like a small fail takes 1-3 power a moderate fail takes 10 power and a catastrophic fail remove the enchant entirely.

The item gives a resonating sound but stays intact -1 to -3 power

The item gives a resonating sound and takes some damage -10 power

The item is shattered = enchant vanished.

That actually opens more room for main priests, great idea

I don't understand why people want to change enchanting so much now... It's interesting as it is. Sometimes a items explodes and it's a sad 8.5 seconds then we just move on to the next sad 8.5 seconds but in the mean time we might cast a few nice casts(or not) that's why it's interesting changing it now would be just stupid imo.

I don't understand why people want to change enchanting so much now... It's interesting as it is. Sometimes a items explodes and it's a sad 8.5 seconds then we just move on to the next sad 8.5 seconds but in the mean time we might cast a few nice casts(or not) that's why it's interesting changing it now would be just stupid imo.

I would be ok with this but the shatter rate seems to have been ramped up.  90ql stuff is nowhere near as safe to cast on as before with a high chan priest so i can imagine how it is with someone with 50 chan now. So its not so much people want it changed as much as we want the last change to be reverted. This way we can go back to being disgruntled over crappy casts instead of being disgruntled with crappy casts and then shocked in horror shattering our 90+ ql items with multiple enchants.

Its more than 8.5 seconds of sadness if you shatter a piece of drake hide or especially dragon scale. Lets not forget about rare, supreme and heaven forbid a fantastic. I'd be mad for some time if I shattered a pickaxe I just used ~8 mining potions on too.

I guess I don't care about shatter on items I can just remake. But when it comes to stuff that is very difficulty to replace and going as fars as to be nearly impossible to replace I care greatly.

Now that I think about it a rare (specifically the blue text one) item may not be in this category. I thinking if I made around 500 parts for tools and spammed created one ~30s for 4 or so hours I should see a rare. Although, supreme and especially fantastic aren't like this.

This is a joke.

[12:09:29] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:09:47] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:09:47] The saw will now increase skill gained when used.

[12:10:13] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:10:13] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [66]

[12:11:08] You start to cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:11:14] You cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:11:14] You remove the Circle of Cunning enchantment.

[12:11:15] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:11:36] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:11:36] The saw will now increase skill gained when used.

[12:11:36] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:11:36] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [45]

[12:12:11] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:12:30] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:12:30] You frown as you fail to improve the power.

[12:13:06] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:13:24] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:13:24] You frown as you fail to improve the power.

[12:13:25] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:13:25] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [45]

[12:14:01] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:14:20] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:14:20] You succeed in improving the power of the Circle of Cunning.

[12:14:32] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:14:32] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [66]

[12:14:35] You start to cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:14:39] You cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:14:39] You remove the Circle of Cunning enchantment.

[12:15:11] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:15:30] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:15:30] The saw will now increase skill gained when used.

[12:15:31] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:15:31] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [65]

[12:15:35] You start to cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:15:39] You cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:15:39] Nothing seems to happen as you dispel saw.

[12:15:43] You start to cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:15:47] You cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:15:47] You remove the Circle of Cunning enchantment.

[12:16:20] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:16:39] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:16:39] The saw will now increase skill gained when used.

[12:16:40] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:16:40] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [41]

[12:17:50] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:18:10] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:18:10] You succeed in improving the power of the Circle of Cunning.

[12:18:11] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:18:11] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [63]

[12:18:53] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:19:09] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:19:13] You fail to channel the 'Circle of Cunning'.

[12:19:13] The saw emits a strong deep sound of resonance, then shatters!

[12:19:51] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:20:09] You fail to channel the 'Circle of Cunning'.

[12:20:09] The saw emits a strong deep sound of resonance, then shatters!

[12:20:32] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:20:51] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:20:51] The saw will now increase skill gained when used.

[12:20:52] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:20:52] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [65]

[12:21:47] You start to cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:21:52] You cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:21:52] You remove the Circle of Cunning enchantment.

[12:21:55] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:22:13] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:22:13] The saw will now increase skill gained when used.

[12:22:14] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:22:14] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [36]

[12:22:51] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:23:10] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:23:10] You succeed in improving the power of the Circle of Cunning.

[12:23:11] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:23:11] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [45]

[12:23:48] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:24:06] You cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:24:06] You succeed in improving the power of the Circle of Cunning.

[12:24:07] A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:24:07] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [65]

[12:24:16] You start to cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:24:20] You cast 'Dispel' on a saw.

[12:24:20] You remove the Circle of Cunning enchantment.

[12:27:25] You start to cast 'Circle of Cunning' on a saw.

[12:27:44] You fail to channel the 'Circle of Cunning'.

[12:27:44] The saw emits a strong deep sound of resonance, then shatters!

Edited by Rudie