Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Traders on Xanadu

Well i guess Rolf flipped the switch at some point and allowed traders on Xanadu. I bought a trader contract from my trader on Pristine and was on my way to Independance to set a new trader deed but stopped at my Xanadu deed along the way.

Well for fun i tried to set the trader up in my house on Xanadu to see what the message said but to my surprise it worked so i guess we can have traders there now. 

Edit:  I don't know why he would stop them there now anyway since they seem to be fixed on the old servers now. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

that or it is a bug and you wasted an expensive contract. 

It is possible they can be set up but do not collect any portion of kings income.

I would have contacted GMs first as it will be hard to argue "I didn't know traders did not work on Xanadu"

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

that or it is a bug and you wasted an expensive contract

Well i pretty sure i tried to set one up when it first opened up and it did not let me but now it does. If it is a bug then i guess i would be refunded a contract. 

Maybe or maybe not. As said it will be hard to argue you "didn't know" but if you wanted to risk an experiment, I guess it is your coins to decide with.

** I am just thinking of that big long "CHANGE IS COMING" thread where the GMs specifically said they would no longer be handing out item replacements and reimbursements like in the past.

It's harder to argue you are an injured/innocent party if you knew traders were not working on Xanadu but planted one anyway "just to see what would happen." Especially right after being warned that reimbursements were getting a crackdown.

In any case, you might be fine -- I am not a GM -- but I would be hesitant about encouraging other people to go run out and start planting 50s trader contracts on Xanadu.

There might be a whole lot of very unhappy people. 

I would suggest people get a GM clarification BEFORE planting any contracts.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Well no telling how many are on Xanadu now already with new players that did not know any better or just sneaky old ones that did not report it.

Anyway I have sent a support ticket and am in the works on figuring it out. 

Edited by Kegan

I hope it works out fine. Let us know so since there will be great interest.

• Like 1

I hope it works out fine. Let us know so since there will be great interest.

Well i say if they stop it we will see a big orange text soon i would think, lol

Edited by Kegan

We will check this out with Rolf tonight.

• Like 5

I say let them be they seem fixed on the other servers and can be a boost of funds for him with players buying them for their deeds. It also will be interesting to see how many secret ones are already out there either by new players not knowing or older ones that did not report it. (at least i reported mine)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

No just no. We don't need empty deeds everywhere. Old servers still have plenty of trader deeds. It was a system labeled as broken by Rolf. Let them stay broken on the unpopulated servers, the fix was fewer people putting money into the coffers, ie fewer people like me with a deed but no traders.

If this is true, then Xanadu will make a turn for the worse due to people's greed. :(

Edited by Lotus1

Seems we will be having dead horse with a can of worms for dinner tonight.

• Like 1

I say let them be they seem fixed on the other servers and can be a boost of funds for him with players buying them for their deeds. It also will be interesting to see how many secret ones are already out there either by new players not knowing or older ones that did not report it. (at least i reported mine)

They seem fixed on other servers? That's funny. I averaged 40-60c in the last 3 months per Trader after setting a healthy ratio and having 3 alts on almost 24/7. I hope that was a joke.

They seem fixed on other servers? That's funny. I averaged 40-60c in the last 3 months per Trader after setting a healthy ratio and having 3 alts on almost 24/7. I hope that was a joke.

Well that is what i meant that it does not matter anymore really since they are not "cash cows" like they use to be.  I am not real sure why i even bothered to buy a new trader contract to start with i guess i am hoping they will get figured out one day so they are worth the money they cost. 

At 2s a month (if you are lucky) it would take me almost two year before i would  even make my money back off of it and with my record i would have moved a few times by then, lol

Edited by Kegan

Ahh ok now that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying

if we start doing traders on Xan, I am 100% done with wurm.  Would be one of the worst messages Rolf could send: "sure, spend 50s buying traders to use for attempting to make coins, while we get busy to close wurm forever.  ty for your coins.

If they allowed trader on Xanadu without consulting the community i would be very disappointed about the devs team.

We should get rid of the actual trader system instead of putting more of them, the rare coins on creatures kill was the right step into a new system.

I prefer that the money i put in my deed upkeep comes to the king coffer and be distributed to the players who actually live on the server instead of the greedy one who set up trader deed. Trader deeds are one of the biggest non sense of wurm online.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll hurt. Might actually be a good thing if there were more publicly accessible traders.

I don't think you could make much money with traders on Xan.  There often isn't enough money in the coffers anyway.  If I'm close to a token, I'll try to sell my corpses. There are times when I try to sell a corpse to the token and there's no money available so I bury instead. I dislike clutter on a deed.

I don't think it'll hurt. Might actually be a good thing if there were more publicly accessible traders.

That's a really great idea... what game is that from?

Ask Kegan which locked windowless shack... I mean which public market his trader is located.

By the way how many silver did it make this next month and we will see if its still 'fixed'

• Like 2

If  there are very few traders on Xanadu, I bet you can make a pretty big amount of cash, doesn't matter if coffers are empty in therms of token selling, it's not the same coffers, they are linked but not the same. 

I really hope this is a bug. It was clearly stated that Xanadu would not allow for private traders, why go and stealth change that!?? And for how long has it been like this? If this is intended it should have at least been in the patch notes at some point. 

But, I don't get why it would be intended, I think the debate about traders have finally boiled down to a pretty unified community that agrees that we are better off without traders on Xanadu and any future servers that will open. why stir the trader pot once more? :(

• Like 1

Don't worry we have good GMs Enki disabled the traders last night and run a check and mine was the only private one out there. He is still checking with Rolf on the deal and once everything is figured out then they will turn the traders back on. 

Enki disabled the traders last night and run a check and >>>>mine was the only private one out there<<<<.

Had to chuckle when I read that Kegan was the only person to have a private Trader on Xanadu, if you know his history with Traders. Still, he has other redeeming qualities, so I don't judge him too severely.

=Ayes=

Don't worry we have good GMs Enki disabled the traders last night and run a check and mine was the only private one out there. He is still checking with Rolf on the deal and once everything is figured out then they will turn the traders back on. 

So, how did this situation turn out? Would be nice to read what was determined to have happened here and further steps taken, rather than fading quietly into the night.

=Ayes=