Sign in to follow this  
Keyn

Special Prayers for Gods' Followers - A new way to spend Favor

Right now God's Favor is kinda useless for the average Follover.

We can only spend (lose) Favor if we act against the will of the Gods.

I think there should be some special Prayers, which spend Favor but give the small chance to get some gift or bonus from your God.

I like to pray my Goddess, but there's no real point of doing that, if I'm generally faithful, and rarely go against Her will.

Sometimes I pray Her just to get luck in combat or adventure, or to thank Her for my past luck - but that's a pure roleplay.

But it would be great to know that I can say a certain prayer, spend my Favor and get, for example, a meal, or a bottle of water or a small buff to some skill She favors.

All Gods have their personalities and laws, and they all could have special Prayers availiable to all of their Followers (not only Priests).

Some Prayers would require a lot of Favor, some less.

For example - I'm getting hungry in my travels, but I have no food.

Suddenly I enter the domain of my Goddess, and start seeking of Her altar.

When I find it - I pray Her to send me some food (and I spend 15 Favor of my total 30).

If I'm lucky enough - She responds, and a hot meal appears in my inventory.

If I'm not lucky - oh well, She must be busy with Her divine work.

Prayers results should not be anything too valuable, nor rare.

It's more about giving the prayers some meaning, than giving players another way to farm something.

• Like 1

+1 maybe make it to where if your hungry they give a meal and water (say... 2.5kg like a waterskin)

Chance dependent on how much favour you spend and quality aswell.

Something like 30 favour = 75% chance for a response and a 40ql meal .4kg and a bottle of water 2.5kg?

20 favour = 50% chance, 30ql meal .4kg, bottle 2.5kg water

10 favour = 25% chance, 20ql meal .4kg, bottle 2.5kg water

Also add a cooldown of say 1 or 2 hours between each try.

Edited by Yesirn
  • Like 1

+1

Would do well linked to the priest's sermon and confession abilities (either reduce cooldown or increase chances)

• Like 1

That food could also have an extremely fast decay. To prevent it becoming 'abused'. Say... Decays in 10 minutes. So she gives you food to eat now, and then... its all gone. 

I'd see the advantages depending on which god. Vynora would give Water, since its her Domain. She could also give a Risotto (Rice and Fish food) since its also her domain. 

Fo would give Covers, to help heal wounds

Magranon would give Arrows. (Since Magranon priests can be Archers) 

Some other benefits also would be possible according to each Faiths. 

Magranon's Prayer of Battle would give an increased chance to hit and dodge, allowing followers and priests alike to be better warriors. A buff that lasts...10 minutes? 

Vynora's Prayer of the Artisan could give a slight increase in action timer. Spend 25 of your Favour, and reduces the Action Timer a slight bit. 

Fo's Prayer of Life could give a sudden 'Heal'. Healing amount being based on Luck and Prayer skill. 

Those Special Prayers however, would be weaker then spells, so that they are still the primary tool of a Priest. Why spend 25 faith on healing your wounds with a prayer, when you can cast a Healing spell? There's a lot that could be done with this, but for all levels of faith (starting at 10, then 20, then 30) there could be a prayer each. 

First prayer at 10 faith. Second prayer at 20 faith, and 3rd prayer at 30 faith, so only the most Faithful of followers can follow the 3rd prayer. 

First prayer would be something trivial, since 10 faith is easy to get... Second prayer a trivial item useful for your character, third prayer a small temporary buff. 

Wouldn't food for favor make cooking about pointless for most?

+1

Maybe instead of physically placing food/drink in the inventory it could work like the 'steak & water' given out to new players by the refreshment vendors

'Tosiek sees your devotion and fills your belly with noms.'

Wouldn't food for favor make cooking about pointless for most?

That could be prevented by limiting it to only once a day, like the refresh feature of the love path in meditation.  Besides, we can already sac rares for nutrition, and that has not killed of the need for meals.  +1 to this idea by the way, I've always felt the followers needed a reason to be faithful and pray.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Thanks for the support!

*prays Vynora for more support and dev attention*

It would be nice to have something to do with that 30 favour I'm always running around with.  +1

It would be nice to have something to do with that 30 favour I'm always running around with.  +1

Exactly