Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Weekly Flash Auction Sundays?

Would there be a community interest in this? Is there enough interest to schedule it and such?

We've got three sellers at the moment. We make no commitment to sell you great stuff at dirt cheap... but it may just happen ;)

Sellers at the current moment are;

Jberg

Mith

Odynn

• Like 1

it's fun and everyone like lil events and good stuff at cheap price, maybe a good experience to keep providing to the community :)

This would be a great idea, maybe a thread where the sellers showcase their items a week before the auctions to get the anticipation rolling?

Edited by Huntar

Fab, yes. thanks to Mith for demonstrating how enjoyable and succesful this can be.
Haven't the stock to sell but im right behind it.

Well, ladies and gents, plan for something this coming sunday. we'll hash something out in the meantime.

• Like 1

Having done at least 4+ of these over the last 2 years - I can give you some insight:

- you will never make the same amount or more then a forum auction.

- there can/will be items that no one will bid on (that always makes me feel horrible)

- they take a long time - 10 items can take over an hour easy.

- be upfront about paying up - some folks will try to bid for others not at your auction then after winning will tell you to wait for the one not at your auction to come pay for the items (which may or may not actually happen.

- if it isn't blue, enchanted up the wahzoo and something one doesn't see everyday - folks won't bid on it. (had a rare forge no one wanted to bid on - too common)

- you need 2 people to do these - one to be the auctioneer, the other to take payments and give out the winning lots.

ignore all this if your going to be auctioning off stuff only Gm's have access to - if your doing it as plain old players - take note of my experience.

These are best if you're using them to get people to come to an event other than the auction - consider it a lost leader.

buyers/bidders do have fun - but for the sellers - these are not as successful as a forum auction.

I was doing ours every few months and the attendance went down at each one. Best to use sparingly.

YMMV

- Dink

• Like 3

It's done for community fun, I'll still be doing forum auctions... but flash auctions are entertaining for us all.

I've got some ideas to keep it hopping ;)

But thank you, sincerely, for the input!

all good - while a bit negative - I wanted to give you honest opinion based on experience.