Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Unique cool stuff only for pve servers

I'm also sick of the pvp exclusive features. Especially due to the reasoning for us not having them. "Pvp exclusive features will bring in more players to the pvp servers"

That's really funny because it doesn't seem to have worked: pvp population is still just a fraction of the pve servers....and I highly doubt that ratio will change.

Face it, the reason the majority of people aren't playing pvp right this very second is because they find it (The core concept of PVP) boring and silly.

No amount of candy and sprinkles will change that.

I'm all for splitting the content, but this post is obviously a passive aggressive attempt to get even more than you already have - you get all the good things on pvp in complete safety and with no downsides, stop asking for more

I don't know the OP's intention, but my take is that it's a clever bit of logic.  The idea of making something and giving it to only one side is absurd, right?

Of course the one side that has unique stuff the other side doesn't get is PvP.

Funny how when things are to one's own benefit we see to skim over it, but as soon as the reverse happens, we're all up in arms against it.

Sure, lets have this. Have a deed on Deli so i can get it as easily.. but i have to say, people who are making this PvP vs PvE thread.. please.. go look around. I really know like maybe 5-10 people from the biggest kingdom with 100+ members who does not have a deed on PvE servers. So most players playing on chaos for example are PvP and PvE players, if you choose to be a PvE player and never cross to Chaos, sure go ahead. play as you want, but don´t tell us we are PvP players and thats it..

• Like 1

Sure, lets have this. Have a deed on Deli so i can get it as easily.. but i have to say, people who are making this PvP vs PvE thread.. please.. go look around. I really know like maybe 5-10 people from the biggest kingdom with 100+ members who does not have a deed on PvE servers. So most players playing on chaos for example are PvP and PvE players, if you choose to be a PvE player and never cross to Chaos, sure go ahead. play as you want, but don´t tell us we are PvP players and thats it..

But why make the toilet the highlight of the restaurant? Shouldnt it be the other way around? You admit it yourself, PVP players spend most of their time in the restaurant on the PVE server, sometimes they go to the toilet but its only a minority of the customers who will ever go to that shiny feature packed toilet. Most players will never even see the toilet. The PVP toilet is not supposed to be the main attraction, why make the restaurant dull and the toilet fancy? The toilet is best used as a place that you visit to relieve some pressure, youre not supposed to hang out there nobody can stay online 24/7 in a pvp environment, eventually you have to sleep, that is why you build enormous dirt walls to protect your golden toilet bowls. If the restaurant was as fancy as possible the toilet would fill up by itself and it would be a better restaurant for everyone.

But why make the toilet the highlight of the restaurant? Shouldnt it be the other way around? You admit it yourself, PVP players spend most of their time in the restaurant on the PVE server, sometimes they go to the toilet but its only a minority of the customers who will ever go to that shiny feature packed toilet. Most players will never even see the toilet. The PVP toilet is not supposed to be the main attraction, why make the restaurant dull and the toilet fancy? The toilet is best used as a place that you visit to relieve some pressure, youre not supposed to hang out there nobody can stay online 24/7 in a pvp environment, eventually you have to sleep, that is why you build enormous dirt walls to protect your golden toilet bowls. If the restaurant was as fancy as possible the toilet would fill up by itself and it would be a better restaurant for everyone.

You're the king of metaphores. "the toilet is best used as a place that you visit to relieve some pressure" bahahahaha

• Like 1

You're the king of metaphores. "the toilet is best used as a place that you visit to relieve some pressure" bahahahaha

Thank you, it is very fitting though and there is so much more to be said about this important subject. The reason some people never visit this restaurants toilet is because either they don't feel the need to go there or they prefer to use their own toilet that they have at home where they dont have to be bothered by other peoples stench or dig through the mountain of dirt that the previous occupants have walled up in front of the door to prevent anyone else from using the golden bowl they got hidden inside. It is so much easier to just go and play some LoL, Counterstrike or Battlefield where every time you visit you are presented with a fresh and clean toilet and you dont have to deal with other peoples . When you are finished you wash up and leave and nobody will grab you by the arm and wonder where the hell you are going.

I honestly think the developers already know this and thats why they have been trying to make Epic and Challenge work but I think it wont ever work unless they improve the PVE to bring in more players and then make the PVP experience something that is easily accessible when you feel the urge, not something you have to spend an eternity of travel or go to an entirely different building to use, because if you crap your pants too many times while trying to reach the restaurant toilet or while attempting to break down the wall of that has been stacked against the door, you will just stay home and eat your own stale dinner and use your own toilet.

• Like 1

Everything available on Chaos should be craftable on the PVE servers.  Including HOTA Statues.

No.. it is fun to see the fact as you compare PvP server as a "toilet". That is very inaccurate. If there would be a comparison i would say it is 2 rooms while PvE have access to 1 room and PvP has access to 2 rooms. My personal belife is that the people playing PvP servers get the "full wurm experience" while PvE server players get a part of the "full wurm experience". Pvp servers are more like a hardcore and better defined servers. But from your comments i would assume you have never tried that part of the game hence i understand how you can be so blind about it. I respect your way of playing and i hope you do the same for me. The previous comment you quoted was a commet to someone saying about how "pvp players" will just say no because of greed and stuff. I am a pvp player and i have nothing against PvE getting something specific, i also pointed out that most of the people play both sides. That for me makes a much bigger influence in their opinion because if people who has never played a big part of the game (this time pvp  part) should in my opinion not change that side of the game. I do understand people offer different ideas how to make it more appealing to them, but you know what? 95% who try out pvp side of the game, stay on that side. They don´t do it for a try (well if they get superunlucky in the first steps maybe this does not apply) but they actually start to play it. Now if we compare the size and avg playercount on Chaos vs Deli for example.. how is it "small fraction" of the playerbase?

• Like 1

I don't want to see any of the new Valrei items added to Freedom Isles. It is my belief that the more Freedom Isles becomes like the PvP servers, the more Rolf will be tempted to decide to turn on full loot PvP for all servers. He has made it known in the past that He would prefer all server be PvP.

I do not want PvP on Freedom Isles. Therefore I am not only willing to fore go the neat new stuff, I would even agree Freedom Isles lose some of what we have now.

Like the saying goes... you don't get something for nothing. New stuff added to Freedom Isles that was originally meant for Epic may come with a cost many of us don't want (PvP turned on).

Edited by geode

That is not true Geode. Their latest PVP experiments has been Epic and Challenge, both seperated from Freedom. I think the dev team will eventually move Chaos to Epic or close it down because at the moment it is a dirty mess and a huge roadblock for Wurm development.

No.. it is fun to see the fact as you compare PvP server as a "toilet". That is very inaccurate. If there would be a comparison i would say it is 2 rooms while PvE have access to 1 room and PvP has access to 2 rooms. My personal belife is that the people playing PvP servers get the "full wurm experience" while PvE server players get a part of the "full wurm experience". Pvp servers are more like a hardcore and better defined servers. But from your comments i would assume you have never tried that part of the game hence i understand how you can be so blind about it. I respect your way of playing and i hope you do the same for me. The previous comment you quoted was a commet to someone saying about how "pvp players" will just say no because of greed and stuff. I am a pvp player and i have nothing against PvE getting something specific, i also pointed out that most of the people play both sides. That for me makes a much bigger influence in their opinion because if people who has never played a big part of the game (this time pvp  part) should in my opinion not change that side of the game. I do understand people offer different ideas how to make it more appealing to them, but you know what? 95% who try out pvp side of the game, stay on that side. They don´t do it for a try (well if they get superunlucky in the first steps maybe this does not apply) but they actually start to play it. Now if we compare the size and avg playercount on Chaos vs Deli for example.. how is it "small fraction" of the playerbase?

Yes, pvp has access to two rooms and that room pvp has access to has more features then the room where the majority goes to play. You would go to that room regardless because you like pvp, its not about the loot, you build enormous unbreakable dirt walls because its fun to dig dirt and so that you wont have to pvp so much.

But its not the main room or the reason the majority start playing Wurm, pvp doesn't need any extra features to make it attractive to people who are looking for pvp.

All those extra features belong on pve where the majority of the players are who are not motivated by pvp to keep playing this game or to start playing it. Pvp should be easily accessible through Epic portal so that you can stay on pve until its time to go and you should keep your stats and equipment when you go there.

Chaos is best described as a public toilet that its best to stay out of. You just have to read the ridicule one forum poster got when he suggested Xanadu players to "invade" Chaos to understand the problem. It was so ridiculously funny to even consider that and at the same time probably the highlight of the year for Chaos players. "Good luck breaking down that dirt wall to get my golden bowl noobs".

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/110998-freedom-islander-enlistment-for-chaos-raid/

Oh, you want the extra features.

Then enjoy the champion son of no-gumps and drake spirits. :)

It appears some do not seem to be capable of discussing core mechanisms or the game's design, but instead adhere to slander and poor comparisons.

Edited by Bittereinder

Oh, you want the extra features.

Then enjoy the champion son of no-gumps and drake spirits. :)

It appears some do not seem to be capable of discussing core mechanisms or the game's design, but instead adhere to slander and poor comparisons.

Unlike who? You? So far you havent brought anything to this discussion. Except for this.

:)

Edited by Tsetse

Unlike who? You? So far you havent brought anything to this discussion. Except for this.

:)

I already commented in a similar topic.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/125099-pvp-verses-pve/?p=1286359

Atleast I have played both sides of the game and try to look at things objectively.

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 1

Judging from your post there you argue that players that go to Chaos has more to lose and should therefore have more to gain from it. But that isnt true since it leads to fear of pvp on the only place where pvp should be conducted. You go to pvp because you want to pvp, not because you want loot. If you have too much to lose it will lead to the construction of unpenetrable dirt fortresses that no sane person on the planet would consider pvp to raid.

Each person has his reasons (plural, with an s) and each reason is as valid as the other, whether it be for the community, for pvp, for loot, for friends, for thieving...

You do realize there's people living on Chaos that have low fighting skills, but do nothing but crafting, build deeds and roads etc. in support of their kingdoms?

I would say it's quite normal to build fortresses to protect yourself from losing stats and your valuables.

Edited by Bittereinder

How is that an argument for having more features in a place where the minority choose to play? If you cant keep people interested in Chaos unless you pay them with special loot and features then why do you expect pve players who will never even consider to play on a pvp server to stay interested in Wurm?

For you it is simple, you like pvp so you play on a pvp server, you get what you want and the extra features are irrelevant to your decisions to play on a pvp server.

I consider dirt walls to be bug abuse and part of the reason why Wurm pvp is so bad.

Chaos and Epic don't have more features, they have different, PVP orientated features.

These features aren't always beneficial to the players. Would you like to have champion son of no-gumps or a horde of drake spirits on PVE? Would you like to lose skill and gear?

Freedom has treasure hunts, Chaos doesn't.

Should I open a topic now and start complaining?

Edited by Bittereinder

If bad features such as nogump and a horde of drake spirits are required to add more good features to PVE then yes, add them too.

Treasure hunt is open to all. PVP server is not open to all because some people don't want that hassle and also bugged dirt walls.

Sure open a thread and complain if you have any complaints.

Anyone else think it is lame that so many unique things can only be had by playing pvp, or buying from someone that won it in pvp? Somehow this makes me tjink of the ivory trade in RL. It is more profitable to be on the sketchy side of the law. Seems like someone is always trying to bribe players to the dark side.

Gods - must be on epic to become one, right? If so, why does it spill over to servers that can't become gods?

I suggest we pull the plug on all trade between the pvp and non pvp servers. 100% code split. Let people have pure pve and pure pvp lives. Stop trying to mix them and stop giving pvp players the extra content, when most of your player base is pve.

OMG!!! You are attempting to take over my title as *The Anti-pvp Crusader*?!? You have covered so many things just within your OP here that took me numerous posts over time to bring to attention as inequitable practices that should be curtailed.

I hereby relinquish the anti-pvp crusaders sword into your hands, along with all the abuse it shall attract like moths to the flames that consume them.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Tsetse cut the crap bro, ppl dont go to a pvp server just to pvp, its full of carebears that don't pvp. Ur view of the pvp servers is horrible and extremely biased. Ur a shame man.

Tsetse cut the crap bro, ppl dont go to a pvp server just to pvp, its full of carebears that don't pvp. Ur view of the pvp servers is horrible and extremely biased. Ur a shame man.

I see you have no arguments.

And the title of this topic is

Unique cool stuff only for pve servers

Edited by Tsetse

-1 -1 -1 Here we go again, pvers whinning as always.

56919798.jpg

Go imp your shod club or something.

• Like 1