Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Unique cool stuff only for pve servers

I think people are missing the jump in logic.

All the pvpers are up in arms about having pve only features is stupid.  Rightly so.

But do the pvpers also realize that this is the current situation for pvers?  There are items and features only allowed on pvp servers (certain materials, pmks, etc.) that are out of reach for pvers?  Can you see the unfairness here?

If pvpers want to have all the bells and whistles that pvers enjoy, surely pvpers can recognize pvers want the bells and whistles, too?

Minus the pvp, of course.  And surely someone else enjoying something without "working" on a pvp server can in no way lessen your enjoyment, can it?

• Like 2

Go imp your shod club or something.

This is literally the best thing in the thread, I'd love to imp a troll club to make it a more effective weapon so it's easier to grind

• Like 2

That is not true Geode. Their latest PVP experiments has been Epic and Challenge, both seperated from Freedom. I think the dev team will eventually move Chaos to Epic or close it down because at the moment it is a dirty mess and a huge roadblock for Wurm development.

Please stop trolling, you call for the removal of Chaos in just about every thread you post in.

Its not funny and just adds to the whole Us vs Them thing that's going on right now.

I could remain here and explain the intricacies of commerce and what not.

God damn I'd just LOVE to learn the intricacies of commerce and what not from KanePT

All the pvpers are up in arms about having pve only features is stupid.  Rightly so.

But do the pvpers also realize that this is the current situation for pvers?  There are items and features only allowed on pvp servers (certain materials, pmks, etc.) that are out of reach for pvers?  Can you see the unfairness here?

If pvpers want to have all the bells and whistles that pvers enjoy, surely pvpers can recognize pvers want the bells and whistles, too?

Minus the pvp, of course.  And surely someone else enjoying something without "working" on a pvp server can in no way lessen your enjoyment, can it?

This is the point, there is no against adding more unique content to PVE since it has done before to Epic and Chaos servers. But unlike adding more content to Epic or Chaos it will actually attract more people to play the game.

Notice PVP players attempting to derail the thread and get it locked. They have no argument that cannot be countered in any of their posts in this topic.

• Like 1

I don't even understand the idea of content unique to PVE. PVE is Wurm minus PVP. How can something be exclusive to PVE without some contrived pointless reason?

Edited by Kirtah
  • Like 1

I don't even understand the idea of content unique to PVE. PVE is Wurm minus PVP. How can something be exclusive to PVE without some contrived pointless reason?

it comes from the head of some guys who think PvP should not exist and there is PvP game and PvE game. The same people think there is exclusive items and are mad for people who also play in Chaos/Epic for them having something they don´t have. Sadly the same people don´t realise that people playing on chaos/epic play also on pve servers and in general vice versa. The same person use this as Pve Vs PvP thread and bash players playing in Chaos/Epic. I say ok to this and i will get it from deli and exo where my deeds are..

• Like 1

I have to disagree with this post, the majority of posts from Pvpers in this thread agree that Pve should get something of its own.

There are however a couple of very vocal posters intentionally stirring the pot

• Like 1

-1 -1 -1 Here we go again, pvers whinning as always.

Yes, because no one ever whines on PvP and it never affects PvE. The guards just didn't exercise over here and got fat and slow.

Just to clarify one point, I see no suggestion within the OP to remove pvp from the game or those servers on which it takes place. Some players do enjoy pvp and it contributes to the overall game community to have them playing the game within these pvp servers. Not to mention that Rolf would never even consider removing his favored aspect of the game of Wurm which he continually puts his personal focus upon trying to improve.

I suggest some read the OP again to understand what has actually been suggested and then ignore those who suggest that pvp servers be removed from the game, unless of course you prefer to go off on tangents never even implied within a suggestion that was made with at least some thoughtful consideration put into it suggestively.

=Ayes=

I agree, close down Chaos and let Epic be the place for PVP since its a far better solution for it. Then release pvp stuff rarely on Freedom servers.

also Close every pve servers except Xanadu.

Seriously.. who are you to suggest such a thing? "Close down chaos" ?? Really?   Do you know how many years of work and history has been made in it?

Obviously you dont. I hope you read what you reply in this thread as i am shocked.

If bad features such as nogump and a horde of drake spirits are required to add more good features to PVE then yes, add them too.

Treasure hunt is open to all. PVP server is not open to all because some people don't want that hassle and also bugged dirt walls.

Sure open a thread and complain if you have any complaints.

Chaos is as open to all as treasure hunt is for Chaos players.. Bugged dirt walls? Some deeds on Deli have the same dirtwalls.. how are theybugged? Because you think they are or you don´t like them?

• Like 1

Just to clarify one point, I see no suggestion within the OP to remove pvp from the game or those servers on which it takes place. Some players do enjoy pvp and it contributes to the overall game community to have them playing the game within these pvp servers. Not to mention that Rolf would never even consider removing his favored aspect of the game of Wurm which he continually puts his personal focus upon trying to improve.

I suggest some read the OP again to understand what has actually been suggested and then ignore those who suggest that pvp servers be removed from the game, unless of course you prefer to go off on tangents never even implied within a suggestion that was made with at least some thoughtful consideration put into it suggestively.

=Ayes=

OP suggested to split pvp and pve because chaos is always in the way of new Wurm development. Therefore the best thing that could happen to Wurm would be if Chaos and all its magnificent history was moved to Epic north of Elevation. And remember this hurts me as much as Chaos players since Chaos is part of Freedom isles where I also play.

A person that wants to have chaos closed down can't be taken seriously at all and has bumped his head into a windmill way too hard.

The forum is more toxic then ever lately. Thanks Tsetse and co.

• Like 2

A person that wants to have chaos closed down can't be taken seriously at all and has bumped his head into a windmill way too hard.

The forum is more toxic then ever lately. Thanks Tsetse and co.

Another attempt to derail the thread with a post that contain only personal attacks and not a single argument that is relevant to the thread by the toxic crew that seem to get away with anything.

OP suggested to split pvp and pve because chaos is always in the way of new Wurm development. Therefore the best thing that could happen to Wurm would be if Chaos and all its magnificent history was moved to Epic north of Elevation. And remember this hurts me as much as Chaos players since Chaos is part of Freedom isles where I also play.

In the way of wurm development? Last I checked, Chaos is part of wurm... if you want new aesthetic items either be patient or permanently move to the test servers for a chance to have first crack at them.

Edited by irobotnik8

Tsetse confirmed for 2015 troll.

If anyone is a troll it is you sir. Professional thread derailment.

I don't want to see PvP removed. PvP is a huge part of wurm as is PvE.

also Close every pve servers except Xanadu.

I expect this in the future actually...

I expect this in the future actually...

I have thought about this myself. Hopefully it never becomes a reality.