Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Unique cool stuff only for pve servers

Anyone else think it is lame that so many unique things can only be had by playing pvp, or buying from someone that won it in pvp? Somehow this makes me tjink of the ivory trade in RL. It is more profitable to be on the sketchy side of the law. Seems like someone is always trying to bribe players to the dark side.

Gods - must be on epic to become one, right? If so, why does it spill over to servers that can't become gods?

I suggest we pull the plug on all trade between the pvp and non pvp servers. 100% code split. Let people have pure pve and pure pvp lives. Stop trying to mix them and stop giving pvp players the extra content, when most of your player base is pve.

Ok, now feel free to flame me. I am drinking a hella potent margarita and it makes me get all agro, lol.

Edit: or give pve folks some awesome sh.. Stuff so we can start selling it to pvp players for hard core coin. Maybe make pve gods. Whatever...

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 4

Ivory trade? Pff not even close.

Unless we start going after other players to pry the gold from their teeth... aside from the usual kick, loot, kill. >.>

EDIT: And pve already have stuff pvp players want: everything craftable in the game, especially armor, weapons, and source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGygaPaneIo

Edited by Klaa

The only thing that they could do to split the worlds up is to move chaos off of freedom and have a chaos teleport. Now they can keep the same skills as freedom but the items would not carry over back and forth.

That said i am sure they are not going to do that. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 5

Gods - must be on epic to become one, right? If so, why does it spill over to servers that can't become gods?

Because PvE complained that they wanted missions too (i.e. that PvP shouldn't have stuff unique to them).

PvP seems to frequently complain that stuff is made just for PvE (clothing options etc. which are purely aesthetic, plant pots and many other decorations) because they're more interested in the mechanical functionality of things and items that impact PvP.

As such I reckon there's already a pretty good split between coding stuff that is PvP focused and stuff that is aesthetic (PvE focused). Yes, people on PvP can make their deeds pretty etc, but I think it's safe to say those things were not added because PvP players wanted to be able to look at a different rug once in a while.

If both groups have similar levels of 'issues' with the split of the coding, something must be about right imo ;)

• Like 6

oh, so all the decorative things are only PvE?  I had no idea.

• Like 3

I agree, close down Chaos and let Epic be the place for PVP since its a far better solution for it. Then release pvp stuff rarely on Freedom servers.

oh, so all the decorative things are only PvE?  I had no idea.

• Like 4

Ah. Nope. Didn't ignore, I just had to reread a couple times and it clicked. I get what you meant now. Sorry about that.

EDIT: And pve already have stuff pvp players want: everything craftable in the game, especially armor, weapons, and source.

There are PvE items that can't be made on PvP?   PvE exclusives?  Do tell by all means.

• Like 2

What exactly is the benefit of knowing there are other servers that cannot produce those things that you can? Why are you concerned about what happens on these other servers?

What exactly is the benefit of knowing there are other servers that cannot produce those things that you can? Why are you concerned about what happens on these other servers?

The average PvP'er with e-peen issues will say because we're "entitled" and "should join pvp if we want cool pve stuff" (wogic).

The more honest PvP'er whose name i'll reserve will say "Please don't buy <kingdom A> towers/wagons/banners, it's how we keep kingdoms funded" (and "nastily" secure me the one i wanted or talk me into his own kingdom's just to haze the details a bit to respect privacy).

So yeah, "no cool unique stuff for pve!!! rolf pluz nurf" = "NO WAY! If stuff gets added that we can't sell to you we may have to pvp less and work more irl" in many cases, and in other cases just puerile idiocy about feeling awesome in a virtual world of a couple of thousands.

There are PvE items that can't be made on PvP?   PvE exclusives?  Do tell by all means.

Perhaps this might help answer your question...

Methinks you may have decided to ignore some of the words in my post...

The average PvP'er with e-peen issues will say because we're "entitled" and "should join pvp if we want cool pve stuff" (wogic).

The more honest PvP'er whose name i'll reserve will say "Please don't buy <kingdom A> towers/wagons/banners, it's how we keep kingdoms funded" (and "nastily" secure me the one i wanted or talk me into his own kingdom's just to haze the details a bit to respect privacy).

So yeah, "no cool unique stuff for pve!!! rolf pluz nurf" = "NO WAY! If stuff gets added that we can't sell to you we may have to pvp less and work more irl" in many cases, and in other cases just puerile idiocy about feeling awesome in a virtual world of a couple of thousands.

Pls dont call it PVP in general, on epic we don't sell much stuff at all, most kingdoms give all away for free and things as selling stuff to fund the kingdom i have never heard off.

So pls just call it Chaos or however u wanna call it but dont generalize all us players on pvp servers.

And guess what? There is also a ton of pvp players on our servers that dont pvp at all.

Just stop the PVP vs PVE crap pls.

• Like 3

I could remain here and explain the intricacies of commerce and what not.

But here, i'll make ti simple: Dragon statues = 50s+

Magranon Wagons = idk how much, haven't been active to know, but several silvers worth.

Unfinished tower with a brick and a clay from a pvp kingdom, a couple silvers.

Kingdom flags, all other HotA Statues, etc.

Chaos makes a mint out of PvE servers.

Lorena has a point. And the solution was already pointed out earlier: Simply get back to the old Portal system, moving to Chaos can eb done through a portal, with limited or no items, and BAM, problem solved.

This would also open PvE to get its own HotA, and other stuff like moon metals, that have been denyed to us simply because the Chaos community is too influential with the devs and such wwill advocate against losing that HUGE source of income.

well, one of the key points are the new gods.  Can a PvE player become a god or is it just something that Epic players can do?  If only epic, why are the epic player gods spilling over into PvE? 

Edited by Wurmhole

I think it'd be interesting if there were certain things purely produced on pve isles; like adamantine and glimmersteel come from the pvp servers for better weapons, perhaps aesthetic items such as silk or even better types of wood/metal for tools or whatever could be produced on pve servers to enhance trade between the two. Rather than closing the border up to keep stuff where it is, why not make it work two ways where both player types can produce something exclusive interesting for the other team?

• Like 5

As much as I dislike claims that Rolf favors pvp more than pve (or vise versa), I'm all for new content. Not to mention protectionist and isolationist policies in the long term actually have the opposite intended impact as history has shown over and over again. If one wishes to grow an industry, new markets, new venues, and new resources are required.

Silk does seem like something suitable as a pve-only resource, and its not like Rolf and Notch didn't talk about making some resources server specific in the past.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I do not like how the OP puts it, but i can +1 something like silk that can be found on PvE servers. The fact with PvP servers "getting special" stuff (being Addy/glimmer and hota statues) is not that big of a thing.. Also,most people on Chaos also have deeds on freedom servers - aka they are also PvE (i have on Deli and Exo) and making it with the "portal" system means i would need to have 2 toolsets, 2 armorsets and more weapons.. And that all because some people don´t like the "hota sales"? Don´t like it, don´t buy it.. Or are you sad some people are making money and you are not? (Sorry but that is the only conclusion i could come to). The only thing real being sold are statuets and PMK speicific stuff like banners/wagons and such... if you join a kingdom you can make as many as you want.. I am sorry but i really don´t see the problem. Nahjo and Tosiek are truly different from that and tbh not sure why they came to Freedom cluster at all.. but now its too late for that..

Oh and a spoiler - No addy or glimmer sold by me. No hota statues either. So i have made exactly 0i off Chaos and have no intention. Its a game, i am here to have fun and not make money.

Edited by Wulfgarr
  • Like 1

The "Us vs Them" attitude is really tiring.

And the drive to separate Chaos from Freedom seems spiteful if I'm honest, many people on Chaos maintain deeds and friendships on Freedom, there's no need for the toxicity.

As for Freedom unique resources; PvP has the special metals and hota statues, perhaps PvE should get something of its own like silk for the new clothing items and other things people have already mentioned.

• Like 3

they have x we don't have x we want x give us x

I'm all for splitting the content, but this post is obviously a passive aggressive attempt to get even more than you already have - you get all the good things on pvp in complete safety and with no downsides, stop asking for more

also, look at the patch notes and tell me how many functional pvp changes you see over the past couple years versus how many pve or aesthetic / non-functional changes

PvP seems to frequently complain that stuff is made just for PvE (clothing options etc. which are purely aesthetic, plant pots and many other decorations) because they're more interested in the mechanical functionality of things and items that impact PvP.

Except it's cowpoop, unless the game disallows building flower pots on PVP servers...

• Like 1

+1 for PvE specific items and spells, also PvE specific method for making potential player-gods.

Edited by Elen

It hurts my brain to think that the developers of Wurm Online put in moon metals, unique loot, events and monsters on the pvp servers because they wanted to make pvp servers more attractive to play on. Someone really had a brain fart when he came up with that.

Its like having a restaurant that spend all their time and good ideas making a really nice toilet for their customers instead of improving the food that is the main attraction for new customers and their entire business model.

• Like 4

Its like having a restaurant that spend all their time and good ideas making a really nice toilet for their customers instead of improving the food that is the main attraction for new customers and their entire business model.

And occasionally remove the napkins from the tables to offer them as "seat protectors" in said toilet yeah.