Sign in to follow this  
Jukken

New Maul looks are great - new Huge axe look aweful

You think that maul looks good?  You think that axe looks bad?  I guess there's no accounting for taste.

• Like 8

I actually don't think it looks like crap, sure it does look a bit crude but i personally like it.

dunno about the maul,but the huge axe its ugly.. i wish it had the model of medium axe..that looks more awesome!

They both look fine.

The only model that needs to be tweaked is the Large Axe.

Its horrible.

• Like 1

axe1.jpg

That would have been the correct huge axe in comparison to the the maul..

The huge axe is just a larger woodcutting axe.. Nothing cool to it any more.

• Like 5

axe1.jpg

That would have been the correct huge axe in comparison to the the maul..

The huge axe is just a larger woodcutting axe.. Nothing cool to it any more.

Exactly!! or atleast a cutting part and a piercing one.. not just a simple axe but bigger

Med axe looks like a Huge axe and Huge axe looks like a Med axe should look...

• Like 3

In general, The models aren't great. But compared to the original, They are far superior in appearance. Went from stick with giant stone on the end to something that looks like a legitimate axe.

Switch lrg and huge models around

It just seems like someone took some time and got really creative with the maul, and then just threw something together for the axe last minute.  ;)

• Like 1

I preferred the previous huge axe model as well.

The maul is awesome! I loved how they changed a big iron lump blocking your sight everytime you move into something like that. I love carrying my maul around now instead of despising it. The huge axe really needs to change :/

It looks like crap? Come on. This is pretty much what a real axe would look like .

That. Maybe the new maul was made by a different person cause it looks like it shouldn't be in the same game as that axe.

BTW check out the shadow on that axe xD

Edited by Kurson
  • Like 2

I think the axe is extremely well done and fits well with the medieval theme.

• Like 1

I mentioned this in the news post, the mauls obviously got way more attention than the axes, and as an axe user I'm quite disappointed in what we've been given. The models are incredibly lackluster and bland, they're pretty much equivalent to the old models.

We're given these stupidly basic looking axe models and a few weeks later we're given these amazingly ornate mauls with all these little intricate details. 

Edited by Huntar

One problem is the lack of detail on it. It looks so simple, as if made out of cardboard. It is worse on low settings. You need to look at it on high settings to have doubts about it being crafted by a blacksmith using iron and not be completely sure it is cut from cardboard.

The dimensions are also weird... maybe even the main problem there. It is called huge axe but look at how slim its shaft is and how thin the blade is. What are you going to use it for? Opening letters?

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 1

Opinions and belly buttons, everyone has one. 

Axe and maul both look fine. The majority of you have never even used an axe so what do you know? My axe is old and ugly and it's a thing of beauty because it is old and ugly. The shaft is about the same as the model everyone hates and has never broken. If you look at pictures of battle axes you'll see the shaft is just fine. The axe Devily shows looks like it belongs on a wall above a fire place, not in a battle. 

Good job on the art work guys. You stuck with a Nordic looking axe and it works. 

Edited by Clatius

personal opinion....

Two handed Axe could use some work, maybe dual bladed.

Large maul looks like a "techno" axe out of some old techno PnP game. Does not fit Wurm's tech level and style. Completely out of place in my opinion.

If I had a vote... and I probably don't... I would say if absolutely necessary stick with axe but take the maul back to the Art Devs. Maul does not fit Wurm. Better IMO to stay with current Large Maul graphic.

Sorry if I offend, I very much appreciate the Artists attempting to make Wurm better, I'm just passing on what my opinion is. I love to use both the two handed axe and large maul so I wanted to say something now.

Edited by geode
  • Like 3

Should have multiple versions of each weapon ;D;D;D

A simple-looking one that is just for function (no decoration) which will be easier to make, imp, and will use just the bare minimum materials for construction.

A more lavish-looking and highly-decorated version that is harder to make, harder to imp, and uses more and different materials.

Then maybe have one in-between...   they would probably have the same statistics in terms of weapon swing, accuracy, parry rate blabla etc., but just look different and cost more to make.

I think we should get better models for rare and supreme and fantastic weapons. They have a better look the more rare it is.

• Like 5

I think we should get better models for rare and supreme and fantastic weapons. They have a better look the more rare it is.

Edited by Fraeya
  • Like 1