Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News #67: Permissions, Clothing and Slain Bugs

News%20Header.jpg?dl=1

Hey Everyone!

You join us this week under the premise of a new title and a little bit of a theme. Firstly, we've decided to change the format of the title to just be News, the number of the post and some information about what's inside. That way, you know what's in every news post and they'll also be easier to keep track of, especially now that the Weekly Update titles have gone on for over a year and some have the same number.

Secondly, as we discussed last week, dev focus for the next few months will be on bugs and small updates. We came up with a theory that if a news header is worth doing, then it's probably worth over-doing...

The B Word

Hmm... Boats? Bridges?! Bugs! Starting from this week, we'll also be including all of the week's patch notes in the weekly news, which ought to help you keep on top of them. In un-noted news, devs have also began work on a server management tool to generally help with maintenance. Fixes that apply to all servers will be in black, to purely PvP servers in blue and to purely PvE servers in green, which will make it easier to work out what applies to you.

1/6/15:

• Changed display of received mail items, so can look in containers
  • Fix so cannot charm animals when you are not allowed to tame them
  • Merchants no longer may be threatened from another floor level
  • Attempted fix for mycelium spreading to lawns
  • Relaxed the checks for structures blocking tunnelling
  • Allow fungus spell to work on lawn
  • Fix for deity loss due to alignment changes
  • A bug with faithful setting on spells was fixed

2/6/15:

• Fix so ballista darts do damage
  • Creatures may now be blocked by doors when entering from bridges
  • War machines now work a bit better against bridges but still needs tweaking

4/6/15:

• Removed enchant decay on weapons due to extreme rarity but overwhelming impopularity.
  • Humid drizzle should now properly save the disease state when used so that it doesn’t reset on server restarts.
  • Added marble planters as craftables. Should function in the same way as flowerpots.
  • Possible fix for minedoors not opening for enemies trying to enter shortly after passing.
  • Skillgain for battle camp guards were brought in line with kingdom guards.
  • Fixed so water doesn’t get the rarity when tempering and improving.
  • Fixed so you now can select a player when hovering over their face mask or ring.
  • Fixed bug in skill tracker where the “show progress to next skill†button is always unchecked by default.
  • Fixed for client crashing with out of bounds.

Permissions

We have a few news updates on the permissions changes that Tich is currently working on. In the long term, Tich will be working on new permissions options for *deep breath*: settlement roles, buildings, ships, wagons, carts, gates, mine doors, house doors (likely to be last due to complexity) and (potentially) animals. It's a comprehensive set of updates that will give far greater control over your possessions.

This week, Tich has a preview of the new settlement roles window to share. Existing options are combined with an easier to use UI and a number of useful new permissions, such as "harvest fields," "modify buildings" and "mine iron veins." As with the old system, permissions are configurable for every role, allowing a huge number of possibilities - ranging from only allowing skilled farmers to harvest fields while letting newer players tend them for skill, to allowing the modification of buildings without allowing a citizen to build new buildings.

Settlement%20Permissions.jpg?dl=1

We expect the new permissions features to come out over the next few months, either steadily or in groups. There are still a number of problems to solve, including more difficult tasks like how to get boat permissions to co-operate with changing servers - but it looks like it'll all be well worth the wait!

New Clothing Items

We also have some new clothing items to share this week. Wox has been hard at work on some new shirts for the fashionable Wurmian! They may be liable to changes before release and will be a part of a wider range of new clothing items.

Shirt1_01.png?dl=1shirt2_01.png?dl=1Shirt3_01.png?dl=1

Serendipity Bridge, Deliverance

Building new bridges around previously bridge-less servers seems to be making for a few big community projects, and so we're going to get into a habit of featuring a bridge every week for a little while.

Serendipity bridge on Deliverance connects the Serendipity Peninsula with the Deliverance mainland. The main segment is a staggering 36 tiles long, just two off of the maximum. Has anyone built a single bridge that's longer yet, and who has the longest of each material type?

Serendipity%20Bridge.jpg?dl=1

Credits go to the Deli community and Yaga for the organisation. You can find out more here.

Screenshot of the Week

Lastly, it's time for our favourite weekly screenshot and is bridge-related too, and this week's is courtesy of Journeya. We really liked their creative use of bridges as roofs and archways, which isn't a way that we expected to see them used! More pictures of the building are here, including its roof made from bridge which is also worth a look.

Screenshot%20of%20the%20Week.jpg?dl=1

That concludes the 67th Weekly News of Wurm Online. 67, 'ey? How time flies when you're having fun.

Happy Wurming!

• Like 26

Permissions with all the gates people make will be a nightmare

Permissions with all the gates people make will be a nightmare

I imagine that by default it'll be simple permissions as it is now (only key holders can use when offdeed and then on-deed is a single role setting) but that it'll be possible to add extra functionality with the new stuff.

Woo! Great stuff!

And that building is intense! O_o Very awesome.

looking forward for that permission revisited, it looks great!

Good work!

Not that it would effect me as i don't have villagers but it might be nice to have mine low ql ore vs high so that new players don't mineout the high ql stuff for things like nails, lol

That was the only thing that popped in my head while looking at the permission settings that were listed. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

i m sad that only female clothes will be added

• Like 1

I am sure it is unisex, lol

Can you make a mechanic so a mayor can claim or destroy buildings he doesn't have the writ for on his deed.  If a player goes inactive and has the writ, the mayor is screwed and cant expand his own deed.

Time to start cross dressing.

• Like 1

And another thing.  It would be cool if you could sell boats and wagons and carts via trader.

OMG permissions for everything \O/   I love you Tich :) see what happens when Dev's play the game you get worthy constructive content updates instead of " lets' instill decay on weapon enchants (community goes crazy) ok lets revert that" ... waste of time stuff :P 

• Like 1

Game just keeps getting more awesome!    Ty for all the work GM team  \o/

Nice work but we need a big variety of clothes including cloth, leather and wool types and the option to paint them like the wool hats (same process).

The samples shown are actually fairly close to what north european males used a 1000 years ago.

New Clothing Items

We also have some new clothing items to share this week. Wox has been hard at work on some new shirts for the fashionable Wurmian! They may be liable to changes before release and will be a part of a wider range of new clothing items.

Shirt1_01.png?dl=1shirt2_01.png?dl=1Shirt3_01.png?dl=1

These are great, they really are, only one suggestion, could we remove the jester sleeves?

I get the red & gold match the black, but the indigo blue of the pants I think would work better overall, with the sleeve style of the green set.

Edited by sunsvortex

These are great, they really are, only one suggestion, could we remove the jester sleeves?

I get the red & gold match the black, but the indigo blue of the pants I think would work better overall, with the sleeve style of the green set.

Why would you want to remove sleeves in a area we have almost nothing to choose from and is optional to make? So I think it would be better if you just choose not to make those sleeves instead of removing them from everyone else.

Are you going to increase the amount of roles we can have in permissions?  I think we can make what 4 or 5 and after that we get the very helpful message that if we need more roles then to delete some. Because apparently we no longer need the ones we already have?

Why would you want to remove sleeves in a area we have almost nothing to choose from and is optional to make? So I think it would be better if you just choose not to make those sleeves instead of removing them from everyone else.

Because they dont look optional, at least thats the way it looks, they are part of the suit. If you look at all pics the sleeves are clearly part of the chest piece, at least thats the way it looks for the first two (Green and orange).

In the green set it looks as though the separate sleeves are a dark brown and the orange set it looks as if there are no separate sleeves.

Now if they are all separate, then no issue at all, but if they come like that without an option then yeah, the jester sleeves should go. Never been a fan of the jester sleeves.

And the shoulder/sleeve style of the green set is really nice. As well as the black set is also very nice. Now if we get to dye them like we do the wool caps, that would be cool as well.

Edited by sunsvortex

hope the new permissions include a way to give make roles for individual players.

• Like 1