Sign in to follow this  
Lotus1

Improved crate storage (crate shelves)

Do you have crates lying on the ground all over the place?

Are you tired of having to look through each crate to see what's inside?

Introducing the new crate shelf! Store all your crates inside like you would a ship. Expand the inventory like you would inside a ship and see all of the contents of all of your crates!

What do you guys think? Personally, I use knarrs and corbitas to store my crates as it is but I think it would be nice to store them inside a building like a warehouse in a similar way. :)

• Like 11

I wish the wardrobe would let you put 4-6 empty bsbs(Or you could build a shelf holds 500 items) in it.

Crates can not be picked up even if empty and can only use the load command so no way to get them into a container ( that is not a vehicle) currently.

So empty BSB/FSB or a new type of container would work.

They could go in Wardrobes, coffins and coffers.

• Like 1

Some sort of crate rack, with a load option would be awesome! +1

• Like 1

I to would like to see some wort of crates rack for aestic reasons and usefullness.

+2 from the Zahl.

I think I'd be happy with:

Activate Crate A, right-click Crate B and choose "Stack."

Might not be possible to maintain discrete objects at differing heights, dunno.  I just think stacked crates on a wall would look cool, or rows of crates in a warehouse, etc.

Take a look at Odynn's Ship store house, he has a ship (think its a Corb) in a building on deed, looks a works great.

• Like 1

We can make silly work arounds with ships and wagons, but they are silly. Should be a better system for cleaning up bulk storage.

+1

The Crate Rack could be Embarkable actually. You climb on top of it, then load the crates in. Or just like hitching a horse. You 'Attach' a rope to a Crate, and then with the rope selected, 'Load' the crate in the rack. Those two ways would make it work I think! But... The Crate Rack, if designed as an 'Immobile Vehicle' could work. It could likely be something really big however. Like, 3 tiles long, a whole floor high, so mostly for use into storage buildings!

Edited by Delisira

Personally I would love to see something stationary to hold multiple crates (at least 15-20), probably taking the whole tile. :) We can stack them in one place in very large amounts anyway, this would be just quality of life thing.

• Like 1

I would like to boost this back up into viability.  I would like to be able to have an object that I could transfer crates into like a "shelf".  even if it only holds 4-12 large crates and can only fit one shelf on a tile.

i have knarrs that i use only for holding crates

knarrs are big, a smaller alternative would be nice

+1 this

Like the idea as crates do take up a lot of space if you have many plus it would make deeds that are on the coast more functional plus imagine setting up warehouses along the coastal deeds and then renting them out to merchants it would help the player based economy prosper

• Like 1

I was thinking that maybe designing A warehouse system, where you put your crates ot barrels on shelves,  it could solve the crates being all over a deed.