Sign in to follow this  
Webba

Titans

Intro

So one area I have often felt wurm is lacking in is late game PVE content and was interested in what people thought of my

idea for a solution. The epic cluster and chaos both have valrei mobs and I accept that adding them to freedom is likely a bad idea, new players would die to drake spirits constantly and moon metals are supposed to only be seeded on PVP servers it would seem.

Uniques do provide some end game PVE but due to the high value of the rewards they are usually attended by so many that they are often too easy and each individual player achieves very little. Avatars spawn infrequently and often cause people to pull the griefing card since missions become stuck and impossible to complete.

The idea

Titans are exactly what the name implies, large humanoid creatures similar to avatars or some of the uniques. The intention would be that they require around 5 70+ fighting skilled characters to defeat, and a lurker or locate spell to find them.

They should also be immune to magic such as venom and aosp in the same way uniques are. and the same goes for dominate, charm, tame and rebirth/land of the dead.

In terms of reward for killing them it could be possible to make them drop blood which creates a random potion but if this is too controversial then  just give plain old meat, teeth and eyes. Ideally there would be a set number per server of a few so when one dies another spawns so there is more constant content which a group could spend a day doing.

Finally I propose these as non aggressive creatures so they do not kill the unknowing new player just wandering around.

PS I have no interest in a PVE vs PVP shouting match so please keep to discussing the idea in this thread 

Edited by Webba
  • Like 1

Sounds exactly like Uniques which now respawn, just not as soon as one dies.

Yeah, that'd be pretty nice. Say about 10 titans at a time on an indy-sized server, 3-5 random blood per kill. (or, "titan blood", that makes a random potion)

Edited by asdf
  • Like 1

Sounds exactly like Uniques which now respawn, just not as soon as one dies.

I admit it is rather similar but I meant a set number of rewards to encourage people to just go out and kill them with a couple of friends and no need to bring the army of alts, and yes I want more constant harder pve. Also I would want the rewards to not be of such a high value as uniques, something like 3 blood per titan so it is not a new moneymaking scheme rather a fun thing to do with some random rewards for higher level PVE players.

Edited by Webba

I personally feel that "Random blood" just doesn't seem like a good idea. Id rather much see these "bloods" from "titans" give players a lesser or weaker potency of potion instead. 

Blood talks aside, +1 to the idea.

Edited by akaedis

I think it would be even better if there were groups of mobs sticking together instead of one hard single Titan.

Boss fights are so overrated.

I think it would be even better if there were groups of mobs sticking together instead of one hard single Titan.

Boss fights are so overrated.

This would be really nice but I wonder how hard it would be to implement aggro code to make them all work together.

I like it but the blood part i would suggest something completely different. I think it would be more benefical to make it a type of armor instead. A poor mans drake right between plate and scale in defense but lighter.

yes to groupable (6ish players) mini bosses i.e troll foreman, nogump wanderer, lost eaglespirt

no to dropping armor

blood would be ok

maybe 5-10 total per server depending on size respawn weekly before the weekend to promote hunting

+1 spin it how you want more to fight would be better at late game.

Edited by Chiqa

This would just make me want a Leviathan much more. A massive creature that actually DOES require a few dozen people to kill it. Super rare, stronger than dragons, etc. Something like that would be hard to create in terms of causing lag when fighting it.

Who put the pants on the Nogump, Nogump, Nogump?

I really like this idea, but perhaps instead of new creatures we could use existing models and have unique versions of them.

Great white buffalo,
Giant Black Sheep
Kraken (giant octopus)
etc

As for the reward perhaps they could drop skulls similar to unique skulls along with normal butchered items.

Either way more cool things to battle is always good IMO :D

Edited by Steeloxide

+1

But instead of blood just make it to drop some unique decorative item or something like that so it have certain "value" but nothing game changing.

I like it but the blood part i would suggest something completely different. I think it would be more benefical to make it a type of armor instead. A poor mans drake right between plate and scale in defense but lighter.

If they were to drop a new armor type it would have to be of low value (similar stats to a current normal armor type not drake or scale)  or cosmetic only, I was aiming at adding something fun to do with friends not another thing to be farmed by the few.

I really like this idea, but perhaps instead of new creatures we could use existing models and have unique versions of them.

Great white buffalo,

Giant Black Sheep

Kraken (giant octopus)

etc

As for the reward perhaps they could drop skulls similar to unique skulls along with normal butchered items.

Skulls could be a nice alternative.

+1

But instead of blood just make it to drop some unique decorative item or something like that so it have certain "value" but nothing game changing.

This could be a good thing instead some nice cosmetics with no game changing value.

Been There Done That.

We don't have valrei mobs on freedom :(

Great white buffalo,

Giant Black Sheep

Kraken (giant octopus)

etc

I was actually talking to my brother about something similar to this just the other day.  I mentioned to him how it would be interesting if Dev's added a new trait to animals.

We have, of course, normal creatures; altered versions of said creatures such as greenish, champion, etc; and we have Uniques.  What could be very interesting is to add a Legendary trait to non-Uniques.  This trait would make creatures even larger and more rare -- just like Uniques -- than the Champion trait.  It should also make the animal harder to fight, and require more than just a couple people to take it down.  Also, perhaps this Legendary trait could cause an animal to attract other animals of its type.  This would make for good hunting, or a great fight if the animal in question is naturally hostile.

It's pretty similar to what you suggested.  Imagine having a Legendary Lava Spider the size of the Freedom Market trade center, or a Legendary Buffalo as tall as a 2-3 story house.  This trait could also prevent the animal from being tamed, bred, dominated, lead, or captured and upon killing could reward you with a title.  Butchering the animal could reward rare trophies (like a skull) and maybe a lesser blood.  So basically, similar to Uniques in the fact that they are quite rare and powerful, but different in the fact that they wouldn't take QUITE as many people to kill and wouldn't offer up powerful rewards.

Edited by Slickshot

We need them to drop nothing more than any other creature would such as pelts,furs,meat. Letting them have a special drop will just be the same as we have now with unique mobs. We don't need more mobs that drop items that will soar to 1G price. Killing it should be the only reward. There needs to be a lot of them on every server randomly re-spawning in different areas to allow everybody a chance to hunt them instead of just 1 spawning every now and again. I also assume they should be non aggro to allow people to not have to fight them.

• Like 1

We need them to drop nothing more than any other creature would such as pelts,furs,meat. Letting them have a special drop will just be the same as we have now with unique mobs. We don't need more mobs that drop items that will soar to 1G price. Killing it should be the only reward. There needs to be a lot of them on every server randomly re-spawning in different areas to allow everybody a chance to hunt them instead of just 1 spawning every now and again. I also assume they should be non aggro to allow people to not have to fight them.

Nope, totally need a mob with a massive aggro radius that actively tracks a player that walks through its domain.

Well my idea was to have them the same basic aggro type as their normal counterparts, bear, wolf = aggro; bison non-aggro.  Their only unique drops would be decorative such as the white fur and or skull.  The blood thing would make them too valuable and therefore hunted by the elites not giving 'average Joe' a chance at them.

As for the spiders and such I guess you could have a humongous trait similar to the champion trait, only tougher but again I would shy away from special drops, a title for killing one and doubled butchering products would be enough to make them special.  Obviously spiders do not have skulls or fur but maybe a venom sac that would give your weapon a venom enchant for an hour.

Well my idea was to have them the same basic aggro type as their normal counterparts, bear, wolf = aggro; bison non-aggro.  Their only unique drops would be decorative such as the white fur and or skull.  The blood thing would make them too valuable and therefore hunted by the elites not giving 'average Joe' a chance at them.

As for the spiders and such I guess you could have a humongous trait similar to the champion trait, only tougher but again I would shy away from special drops, a title for killing one and doubled butchering products would be enough to make them special.  Obviously spiders do not have skulls or fur but maybe a venom sac that would give your weapon a venom enchant for an hour.

Nah bro, a fang!  Anyhow, I think Legendary trait creatures would be legit.  Bigger and tougher than Champions, but not quite as tough as Uniques without producing powerful items when butchered.

Edited by Slickshot