Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Bring Back Weapon Chant Decay

Heh it would make more sense if rare weapons/tools didn't take enchant decay. Otherwise all weapons should take enchant decay just like tools do. 

Carving knife is considered a weapon isn't it? So i can get 101 WOA casted knife and keep using it to make arrows(dropping and re-taking from bsb to improve till carving knife action has come) without it ever losing that kind of enchant? nah. 

Seriously think rare tools should preserve the enchants, supreme should have some other added bonus and fantastic should preserve enchants as well as QL of the item. Thats my take on this.

+1

The jury is still out on that one.

;)

Haha now I can still buy stuff from you.   :P

Also I find it pretty stupid that people are arguing about weapons here. You use 1 weapon, some heroes use more than one. But an average wurmian uses 1 weapon, which is casted with some spells.
Now everyone is heavily arguing about weapons decay in favor or against. 
Go argue about tools, everyone uses tools more right? everyone has around 10 tools enchanted with stuff? Their enchants decay, do you think the one weapon in your inventory will make much of a difference. 

Also, if weapon enchants do not decay, coc and woa on tools will decay? that means vynora priests will be in demand. What about fo priests? Then someone will say "FO can only do Life transfer, this is unfair, give FO more spells as vynora can do coc and woa, while the only enchant that is useful of FO, doesnt decay"

What nonsense, all enchants on all items should decay. Make an exception for rare tools/weapons/armour I would say. Better advantages for supreme and fantastic tools/weapons/armour.

Edited by Hashirama

Oh and gumbo once improved my seryll large axe for free when i provided him with the lumps. He knew i liked the axe :)

Also, its pretty obvious weapon enchant decay or not, his weapons will still sell because he has spent time to grind his priests. If weapon enchants dont decay, I have to buy only 1 weapon for gumbo, and I know he makes good weapons and casts good LT unlike the xyz noobie trying to grind his fo priest. So don't take this argument as "I dont want this guy to benefit". See for how a priest can be made useless for any new players who join the game.

Now imagine a new fo priest trying to train for LT, well god bless him because he has to convert to vynora because.......... (refer to above statements)

Edited by Hashirama

Unless the enchanting process is changed and make it more relevant on skill, less on RGN and no more shattering, decay on weapons (and tools if you want as well) is a bad thing. The only thing you can gain in getting them re-enchanted over and over again is a shattering.

Not the same thing as weapons, tools, or anything you need to get reimped, where you can always have a rare out of them.

No point in putting more hassle on priests and players untill the negative aspects of reenchanting are fixed (but that will not grant you more market share).

• Like 3

I feel like my post has been misunderstood, or you're not replying to its meaning at all. Why should enchantments on weapons not wear down with use, like everything else in Wurm?

My saying, "Do you need it? Damn no you don't.", is referring to being able to kill mostly anything without enchantments at all. Enchantments are really just a big luxurious convenience, just like WoA and CoC on tools. One that needs effort to create, and costs something of value for the time and resources spent on creating it.

I would bet that most people didn't even know that they were not wearing down before, unless being told.

As for the accusation of greed... it's really greedy wanting to hoard your precious by all means, is it not? Asking to turn enchantment wear off, and keep it that way. Above that, the people who purchase these items directly influence the price. You can just choose to not pay it, haggle, or simply decline. That greed goes both ways, but one's worse than the other, I think.

I am neither a high quality weapons trader, nor do I offer stacked high quality enchantments by the way. I'm pretty much neutral in that regard, and what I see here is the same I see with the mooring ropes thread... you want to keep the game buggy, and that is sad.

1. I didn't accuse of greed. I think it's a bad mindset. If you think your only way to be happy is to regulate the happiness of other people, you're going to stay in a state of want and dissatisfaction.

2. My main point is, PLAY YOUR OWN GAME. Don't worry about what other people are doing. If I like collecting, what is it to you? Do you have less because I collected? No, because there will always be more. Be happy there are people who are willing to buy yet another item. Less time to spend looking for more customers.

3. "Why should enchantments on weapons not wear down with use, like everything else in Wurm?" "the same I see with the mooring ropes thread... you want to keep the game buggy, and that is sad."

No, and no. I want NO bugs. I want the game to be playable. Enchants wearing down does not create happiness, and it makes less people want to play. The only people who are going to be happy from other people getting bummed out are those who don't realize they should make their own happiness. Why should enchantments NOT wear down? Because it's a f-cking drag. It's expensive, it's time-consuming, it's repeating something I already did, it gives nothing to the general enjoyment of the game. How about explaining why it's good. There is obviously not enough income for the developers, because there are bad servers, no quality control staff, people are laid off. Are you into the main way of trying to get new customers, which is creating new laggy servers? Does that make sense to you? "Hey, there's this game that's been around, I never tried it, but somehow I heard there's this new giant server on it, it takes 3-4 hours to get around on it, it's all giant stone mountains that I'd have to spend many hours surface mining on it to make myself a stake, I think I'm gonna give it a try!" Weeeee! How about letting those potential customers who wander on actually have a good time, and keeping those players whose primary interest is not worrying about what everyone else is doing. And who says mooring ropes were buggy? Buggy is animals scraping off lead when you go around a corner. Buggy is how I'm knocked out of a cart every time we go somewhere, upwards of 3 times per trip. Letting me take LESS time to re-collect all the animals that scraped off is a POSITIVE thing. I don't get an Animal Mastery skill gain for the five minutes it takes to round them all up, why should I have to waste my real life time feeling pissed off? If my real life time is shaved off doing some activity that is NOT fun, then I want some skill gain for it. What do I gain when some of the enchants I paid for, that I tracked down to get, have worn off on me? That is PUNISHMENT, not playing a fun game. What does it give me?

• Like 2

The jury is still out on that one.

;)

Wurm inflicted head trauma can be severe and crippling, but don't lose hope. Many sufferers, just like you, have been cured of wogic and rationality returned. 

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

EDIT: I hope you take the red pill and just remember the wogic is pervasive.

Edited by Audrel

Unless the enchanting process is changed and make it more relevant on skill, less on RGN and no more shattering, decay on weapons (and tools if you want as well) is a bad thing. The only thing you can gain in getting them re-enchanted over and over again is a shattering.

Not the same thing as weapons, tools, or anything you need to get reimped, where you can always have a rare out of them.

No point in putting more hassle on priests and players untill the negative aspects of reenchanting are fixed (but that will not grant you more market share).

Exactly. Having them cast every month or two just guarantees you will end up buying a new weapon also.

It seems your only interest is to keep the top gear you bought for yourself intact. 

Help me please. What is wrong with wanting something you bought to stay intact? I pay my dues, I mind my business, why should I not expect what I paid for to stay what I paid for?

That is why we *have* decay in the first place - to give crafters more to do.

Let me make sure I get this straight. I spend time on this game, I pay for my premium, I pay for my deed, and I'm also supposed to supply crafters with endless things to do? How about if me paying for my own entertainment is enough?

• Like 2

Let me make sure I get this straight. I spend time on this game, I pay for my premium, I pay for my deed, and I'm also supposed to supply crafters with endless things to do? How about if me paying for my own entertainment is enough?

You are perfectly entitled to state what *you* want.

But this is in fact an MMO - the middle M stands for "multiplayer". Many of us take interest in what would be beneficial to the whole community, because a thriving and bustling community, including trade, makes us enjoy the game just as much as looking at shiny things in our inventory. (not that there is anything wrong with that, I am a big collector myself).

Also, you didn't answer my question of what use is decay in the first place? I'll answer then - the main purpose of having tools and weapons decay in QL is to give crafters more to do. Same with decay on enchants, it's to give priests more business. You may as well come out of the bush and state if you wish all types of decay removed.

Edited by Cista

You are perfectly entitled to state what *you* want.

But this is in fact an MMO - the middle M stands for "multiplayer". Many of us take interest in what would be beneficial to the whole community, because a thriving and bustling community, including trade, makes us enjoy the game just as much as looking at shiny things in our inventory. (not that there is anything wrong with that, I am a big collector myself).

There is trade already. This thing only changes a part of the trade.. making it more profitible for certain people.. How do you ignore that?

There is trade already. This thing only changes a part of the trade.. making it more profitible for certain people.. How do you ignore that?

See my edited post.

It's amusing that those who wish one teeny tiny part of the Wurm ecosphere - enchants on weapons - must be excempt from the decay that works on *all other items everywhere in the game* lol.....   and then you claim it is the opponents that are ignoring the big picture?  

Nice try brother   :D

enchant decay is a terrible idea

-1 for greedy merchants. I'm sorry but if you feel it's a good idea to screw over everyone in the game with an unpopular idea just for your personal gain, I will put my money to better use by buying from someone else.

Edited by irobotnik8
  • Like 2

See my edited post.

It's amusing that those who wish one teeny tiny part of the Wurm ecosphere - enchants on weapons - must be excempt from the decay that works on *all other items everywhere in the game* lol..... and then you claim it is the opponents that are ignoring the big picture?

Nice try brother :D

Shields, armour???? How it works on everything.. works on tools and thats it

-1 for greedy merchants. I'm sorry but if you feel it's a good idea to screw over everyone in the game with an unpopular idea just for your personal gain, I will put my money to better use by buying from someone else.

Be sure to apply this same tactic against all the greedy tool merchants who you have to pay to have all your tools rechanted.

Shields, armour???? How it works on everything.. works on tools and thats it

And here lies the problem. Enchant decay for all, or enchant decay for none.

Am I the only one who blames the Developers for doing an abysmal PR job?...

This thread saddens me. This argument should have been avoided. Shame on you CodeClub AB.

5 days and counting, and still not one word from them. Not even one of them BS "sitting on the fence and we're looking into it posts". This is more along the lines of, "let's close our eyes and plug our ears until it goes away", type of deals.

Thanks guys and gals. I'm so happy that addressing the concerns of your paying customers is first and foremost.   /end sarcasm

Be sure to apply this same tactic against all the greedy tool merchants who you have to pay to have all your tools rechanted.

If they also ask developers to change things to fill their pockets, I will.

• Like 1

How about enchants don't decline only below a certain enchant level (this could be 50 or maybe 60 or even 70 for example), decay normal from that level to a very high one (let's say 95+ ) and decay very slowly at 95+

This way low beginner priests will be relevant, all priests will have busy business going on, very high priests with lots of effort spent will get benefit from their effort, people who spend a lot of money to buy very high enchants will get their money's worth, people who say they don't have money to pay the upkeep of their minimum requirements to survive won't have problems since they'll have everlasting decent enchant power on all their items (tools, weapons and everything).

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 2

I would also like to point out that the "poll" http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/124692-poll-revert-the-weapon-enchant-decay/ to have weapon enchant decay removed, was in the Suggestions section of the forum. Now I'm not sure if that's where all polls are to be, but it seems odd to me that something like that was hidden away there. Please be aware that that poll was opened and locked after a total of 41 hours. Certainly not long enough for everyone to actually find it and vote on it.

• Like 1