Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Bring Back Weapon Chant Decay

Give out freebies to get people interested in your product to get your name out there and making them to want more... Hmm... Thats a pretty common business model.

Again, -1. I'd also say remove tool enchant decay too, but im on the fence on that one because i believe use in actions should decay enchants only.

Edited by Redd

As long as weapons need 5 enchants to reach their max efficiency and take as much damage as they do (a lot more than normal tools) i see no reason to equate them.

Make dispel let you choose which spell to use it on, then weapons can take enchant damage and it's not such a huge hassle to repair.  I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, it's a long thread.

• Like 1

Stop talking about greed please, Chaos wouldnt even have any players if it wasnt for the unique and valuable loot that you get there.

I totally understand if you dont play on chaos because of the unique and valuable loot that drop there, but you cant use the greed argument as long as Chaos has unique and valuable loot. The loot was put there to encourage people to play there by the use of greed.

A player who enjoy the trading aspect of the game is not more greedy then a player that enjoys the pvp aspect of the game. You kill and raid people only to get their loot, right?

Edited by Tsetse

Stop talking about greed please, Chaos wouldnt even have any players if it wasnt for the unique and valuable loot that you get there.

I totally understand if you dont play on chaos because of the unique and valuable loot that drop there, but you cant use the greed argument as long as Chaos has unique and valuable loot. The loot was put there to encourage people to play there by the use of greed.

A player who enjoy the trading aspect of the game is not more greedy then a player that enjoys the pvp aspect of the game. You kill and raid people only to get their loot, right?

by loot you mean? Hota statues?  We kill people to have fun.. pvp rush is.. something i cannot describe.. And we raid so we can take the armour and weapons off the enemies who try to kill us.. if i get a glimmer LS off an enemy he will use an iron meaning he will hit less..

Edited by Wulfgarr

Decay means cheaper stuff. Ask yourself, if one QL95 sword has no decay on either QL or enchants, and another has decay on both QL and enchants, which one would be most expensive? 

Decay ensures a lively economy and a healthy crafting community. There is simply no argument for why enchants on weapons should be exempted while everything else decays.

Decay means i have to buy more.. how is it cheaper if i have to buy it 4x times? It takes the same time to make..

We have a saying: I am not rich enough to buy bad quality stuff (that means rebuying something cheap all the time might and usually will become more expensive then buying a good quality item.)

Edited by Wulfgarr

by loot you mean? Hota statues?  We kill people to have fun.. pvp rush is.. something i cannot describe.. And we raid so we can take the armour and weapons off the enemies who try to kill us.. if i get a glimmer LS off an enemy he will use an iron meaning he will hit less..

Yes, but if someone argues that it is greed to enjoy the trade aspect of the game because you get silver from it then it is greed to enjoy pvp as well since you get loot from it. And the development team did add unique items and moon metals to pvp beause they knew greed would bring more people to pvp servers. I could make the argument that a freedom player doesnt need to be paid off with unique items just to play there.

Personally I think weapon enchantments should decay but there should also be a recharge mechanic that make it easier for new priests to perform that service.

Edited by Tsetse
  • Like 2

I'm mature enough to admit when I'm wrong, so I am sorry that I took the boycott attitude about this whole discussion. Once I stepped back from my own needs to spend less money, I have to admit, from a realistic standpoint, that enchantments should or should not decay across the board. If an enchantment decays on one object from use then logic dictates that all enchantments should decay from use (weapons included). My apologies to Gumbo.

• Like 3

Without weapon chant decay, the market will stagnate. This was a bug that finally got fixed.

What's your in-game name so I make sure I never buy a damn thing from you?

What's your in-game name so I make sure I never buy a damn thing from you?

Redd

:D

• Like 1

How can anyone justify that and call it fair is completely incomprehensible to me. More so, it actively encourages people to stamp their feet and demand for more and more changes that serve no purpose other than to squeeze the last little bit of life left in Wurms already broken economy.

How about the Developers' economy? Why do they have to perpetuate annoying, boring, rage-quit-worthy aspects of a game where they make THEIR living? Isn't THAT a selfish thought? That they should adjust the playability, and hence the profitability, of the game they make, so people playing it can completely avoid putting real-world money into it?

./Me Face-palms through skull

Good job, you most likely just lost a lot of respect in exchange for your greed.

Any ways, i like my 97 mind stealer just how it is, -1

Making a change that diminishes enjoyment for a large segment of the player base, is counterproductive and detrimental to the game.  They *added* something that did not enhance enjoyment, it diminished it.

Exactly. Someone help me understand the logic that Developers should design their game so that some people can make money in it and not infuse cash into the profitability of it, and diminish the basic fun and playability of the game? This is something we do with the spare time in our lives, in order to have some amusement. Where does frustration, tedium, repetitive expense fit into that? We need better servers and more helpful paid staff, not fewer players and proportionally more of them who only want to make money off other players and not spend any RL cash in the game. Many people just want to play the game, and not worry how their play relates to other griefers, gougers, and jealous onlookers.

Yes Lorrainej,

So by that logic, tool enchants should not decay either. Something I'm all for.

Weapons, tools, armour - it all needs to work on the same to be fair. If it's not fair it's always going to be an "us vs them" argument between those who spend more time with the hammer than those with the sword.

You need a weapon and armour to move from place to place, and you need to eat. You don't have to make tools to survive, and some of us CAN'T. Where's the equity for priests then? What about people who spend a lot of time with animals? What about the sailors? People who work in a forge on tools and weapons at least have the chance of getting a nice rare now and then on what they make. Anyone want my rare sprout? Most of the stuff I do on Wurm gives me no experience points nor anything I could make money from. I don't need more expense and time wasted.

Give out freebies to get people interested in your product to get your name out there and making them to want more... Hmm... Thats a pretty common business model.

Again, -1. I'd also say remove tool enchant decay too, but im on the fence on that one because i believe use in actions should decay enchants only.

I'm not on the fence at all. Simple to me.

I myself see absolutely ZERO DIFFERENCE between "Use in Actions" (tools) and "Use in Combat" (weapons). To enter combat with a weapon is to "use" it literally.

What is a Weapon in it's most basic form? A Tool. Huge Mauls are just sledge hammers.

What is a Tool in it's most basic form? A Weapon. A carving knife is a Dagger, a sickle an inverted Kopesh.

What's the difference? Why have decay on one type and not the other?

Either decay on both or decay on neither is the logical and reasonable thing to do imo. If that doesn't work for the game the decay issue is not the problem, there is something else off between tools and weapons.

Edited by geode

EDIT: We already have the issue of 10 times in the mail for everything else. I get my weapons imped often. They lose a mail tag each time. When I have to start adding on re-echants, the local market fails to deliver.

3) Fix the mail so we don't have number of mailings limits.

WHAT??? And WHY?? Are you saying that we can only mail things 10 times?? I never heard of this! And, if it's so, how was this decay on enchants even considered??

This kind of thing really pisses me off. We had mooring ropes to lead 4 animals, and that was taken away before the damn bug with losing animals around every turn was fixed. Now, every single time I lose animals as I go through a door or lead around a building, and then I have to open my inventory, open my backpack, fan out the ropes, and figure out which rope the lost animal was on, I feel EXTRA disrespected for my wasted time. It seems here what you're saying is, a game mechanic that would cause much more need for mailing was implemented while there was a 10-mailing limit? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding this.

I swear I hit edit... sorry delete

Edited by geode

It sure as hell is a great comparison. Don't blow it off. Two items, same chant, why does one enchant decay and not the other one?

I should clarify. I don't like EITHER ONE decaying. But at least until that recent change, the weapons were not decaying for the no good reason the tools do.

Do you need it? Damn no you don't.

Why are you worrying about my weapons? I wanted them cast as they are, and that's what I paid for. I did NOT pay for them under a condition that what I just paid for would have a decay in the quality of the enchants. In the USA we have a law against that, it's called "Bait and switch." It's when you lure someone in under one stated condition, and then you change it after they make an investment. It's not ok.

And, if there were a way to say, alright, the weapons you have now will stay as-is, but moving forth there will be decay in enchants - I'm still not into it. And I'm not into decay on tool enchants either, just to be clear. All of this decay and damage I can do without, if it's on a toon I'm paying for, and a deed I'm paying for. I play this game for fun, not punishment and expense. I'm doing my part, which is paying. Get off my back with the repetition and decay and re-paying. Ok, so the grinds for high-end characters are brutal. Does everything have to be a crushing bore also, or an expense? If it doesn't make people happy, why is it in the game?

Since I'm all for No Enchant decay on tools as well, to bring that in line with the No Enchant decay on weapons, that proves it's not about money or greed. It proves I'm all for equality and consistency.

WTF. Then why did you post to ADD decay to enchants on weapons?? Why not post to remove enchant decay from tools?? Why make both things bad instead of making both right?

You posted in a way that instead of allowing me to totally agree with you, made me think you took leave of your senses.

You posted in a way that instead of allowing me to totally agree with you, made me think you took leave of your senses.

The jury is still out on that one.

;)

• Like 1

Why are you worrying about my weapons? I wanted them cast as they are, and that's what I paid for. I did NOT pay for them under a condition that what I just paid for would have a decay in the quality of the enchants. In the USA we have a law against that, it's called "Bait and switch." It's when you lure someone in under one stated condition, and then you change it after they make an investment. It's not ok.

And, if there were a way to say, alright, the weapons you have now will stay as-is, but moving forth there will be decay in enchants - I'm still not into it. And I'm not into decay on tool enchants either, just to be clear. All of this decay and damage I can do without, if it's on a toon I'm paying for, and a deed I'm paying for. I play this game for fun, not punishment and expense. I'm doing my part, which is paying. Get off my back with the repetition and decay and re-paying. Ok, so the grinds for high-end characters are brutal. Does everything have to be a crushing bore also, or an expense? If it doesn't make people happy, why is it in the game?

I feel like my post has been misunderstood, or you're not replying to its meaning at all. Why should enchantments on weapons not wear down with use, like everything else in Wurm?

My saying, "Do you need it? Damn no you don't.", is referring to being able to kill mostly anything without enchantments at all. Enchantments are really just a big luxurious convenience, just like WoA and CoC on tools. One that needs effort to create, and costs something of value for the time and resources spent on creating it.

I would bet that most people didn't even know that they were not wearing down before, unless being told.

As for the accusation of greed... it's really greedy wanting to hoard your precious by all means, is it not? Asking to turn enchantment wear off, and keep it that way. Above that, the people who purchase these items directly influence the price. You can just choose to not pay it, haggle, or simply decline. That greed goes both ways, but one's worse than the other, I think.

I am neither a high quality weapons trader, nor do I offer stacked high quality enchantments by the way. I'm pretty much neutral in that regard, and what I see here is the same I see with the mooring ropes thread... you want to keep the game buggy, and that is sad.

• Like 1