Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Bring Back Weapon Chant Decay

Call me a stickler for accuracy when debating issues but I feel compelled to point out, again, that the weapon enchant decay was not a long standing thing that got removed.  Some of the arguments, and the wording being used for those arguments (including the title of this thread) imply that that is the case.  It's very misleading and clouds the issue.

It keeps devolving into arguments about why the decay shouldn't have been "removed" and why it should be "put back."  What? The issue is exactly opposite and yet people are still wording their arguments as though that's the case.

They *added* weapon enchant decay where it never was as long as I've played this game. The game is still here and I don't recall seeing any big uproar about how we should have it. If there ever was, I must have missed it.

Then they *reverted* the change in a very short time and put things back the way they've always been as far back as I can remember. 

They didn't *remove* it from a long standing feature, they reverted an unpopular change.

Seriously.  I'm having a really hard time trying to get my head around why there is now all this uproar and some people acting like they've made some drastic change that is destroying priests, crafters, the economy, and in some posts, the very future of this game. 

And judging by the replies in this and another thread, some of the newer and/or maybe less informed people are getting the impression that people are arguing to "bring it back" when we never really had in the first place.

Honestly, it's a subject that both sides feel strongly about and there's nothing wrong with discussion.  And if people want to discuss why they think it should be *added* at least keep your facts straight and argue accurately.  It's really hard to debate an issue that's clouded with misconceptions and misdirection.

• Like 5

So they have a poll and 2.9 percent of the people who actually have forum accounts vote and they call that hard evidence?

I have high enchanted weapons and I am not agreeing with change but if weapons have no decay then tools should be the same or vise versa for both.

• Like 1

Weapon enchant decay was always part of the game, unfortunately a bug prevented it from happening for many, many years. They fixed the bug so decay worked as it was supposed to. Well maybe it was a little faster decay that was expected by everyone. A short 41 hour poll was created in the Suggestions forum where 2.2% of the total population voted to have the bug fix reverted. After that, this discussion was started to have all enchanting the same. Decay for all, or decay for none. Yes the tenses are kind screwy, will agree with you there.

• Like 1

Cleaned

I'd like to kindly remind All to stay on topic minus personal attacks.  It's great to debate the merit of  ideas without debating the merit of a person. 

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 4

Just make them all decay like they should or none at all, fair is fair across the board. I have always liked not really having to worry about weapons only tools, but then again if you have high ql everything and rare helps, its not really an issue. IMO, even it out, maybe tweek it and set it fair across the board, WS is popular and many more coming online I'v seen in these past years.

Pick a job you can only do one, the wave of the future.

Edited by zalifear

-1 for greedy merchants. I'm sorry but if you feel it's a good idea to screw over everyone in the game with an unpopular idea just for your personal gain, I will put my money to better use by buying from someone else.

Or just make your own tools and enchant your own weapons. You pay for something that you don't want to to yourself.

• Like 2

You are perfectly entitled to state what *you* want.

But this is in fact an MMO - the middle M stands for "multiplayer". Many of us take interest in what would be beneficial to the whole community, because a thriving and bustling community, including trade, makes us enjoy the game just as much as looking at shiny things in our inventory. (not that there is anything wrong with that, I am a big collector myself).

Also, you didn't answer my question of what use is decay in the first place? I'll answer then - the main purpose of having tools and weapons decay in QL is to give crafters more to do. Same with decay on enchants, it's to give priests more business. You may as well come out of the bush and state if you wish all types of decay removed.

I did state I do not want decay on anything I pay for. That means any deeds, and any paid toons.

Beneficial to the "whole community"? Explain to me how there is any benefit to me. I don't craft. I don't charge for enchants. I am willing to pay for services I don't want to do or cannot do. I need to pay again and again and again?

Since we're all paying our premiums to give other people things to do: Attention Crafters. This weekend I'll need half of my horses moved from one deed to another, a bit far away. Set aside some time to meet me there, and bring four ropes. I will only be charging you 30 coppers each. Quite a bargain!

Edited by LorraineJ

And here lies the problem. Enchant decay for all, or enchant decay for none.

Gumbo. WHY are you advocating the opposite of what you want? I mean it did stir up discussion, and shows clearly that there's no good reason for ANY decay on anything on deeds or toons where we are paying our dues, but it's confusing to others - it looks like you are a super advocate of decay. Don't confuse the devs into thinking even one more person thinks it's good to drag their game down.

This is more along the lines of, "let's close our eyes and plug our ears until it goes away", type of deals.

SSDD :lol:  This is how it always is. In this case, however, they got it coming and going. I think I would turtle up during this riot too.

Why try and derail this Thread talking about tools which everyone knows will not happen.

Nothing about weapon enchant decay helps the community as a whole.    Only a few people benefit from this it has been out of the game long enough and imo keep it out.  

Edited by Wulfur

And here lies the problem. Enchant decay for all, or enchant decay for none.

Aaaaaaand you lost my vote of confidence...  

Enchanted weapons are a 1-2 weapons per person with 2-5(?) enchants each.  Tools are several per person, 1-2 enchants per.

I'm a crafter who enjoys occasional combat (hell i fish for most of my meat) who is glad his 'chanted weapons will stop decaying whenever I don't use them.  Tools, I didn't mind the decay since they take mad use but.... If that's gonna be the posture, you either just slashed your market bigtime if all enchant decays get pulled, or you just antagonized a crafter who ALSO likes pimped weapons to be able to run around unarmored more often than not.

Deep breaths, all of you, but specially you, Gumbo.  I find tool enchants a bit too quick to decay but take it in stride, why you won't see me asking for the "all or nothing" because either:

1)  It's gonna be worse weapon 'chant decay than before if reimplemented and tools will also probably take a hit, in which case I'll be bartering with alliance priests for enchants and taking myself off the market in anger or... 

2)  All decay gets removed, then it's gonna be impossible to keep a straight face when you blow THAT gasket.

Besides, re-enchanting money saved can now go into enchanted tools... in theory.  This thread is starting to make me uncomfortable as one of those tool and weapon buyers (yes I do my own carp but that's about it, equipment-wise).

Same thing I hint at Rolf sometimes, don't assume you can think for your market, find out what your market's thinking and adjust so they're happy to send you money for stuff.

Edited by Mordraug

Hell no! Keep the decay away from weapons please! greedy merchants, its hard enough to pay for the upkeep on deeds and accounts son!

I would now like express my disappointment in the Wurm staff responsible for addressing exactly these types of situations. It's been 6 days since this thread began and not a single word from them. I can only conclude that unless you're part of that elite 2.2% of the Wurm population, your thoughts and concerns about decisions made in the game, are irrelevant. The proof being this thread.

My guess is that they're hoping this will blow over ... but until tool enchant decay (or shattering) is removed, I hope the community doesn't let this lie.

I would hope that having a GM respond to a post would be have been much better than having a staff member respond. 

Edited by Wulfur

This thread earlier was trolled and cleaned,while asking that you all stick to the topic debate instead of debating the person.  As it has continued with little restraint, the thread will be cleaned again and locked.

Edited by Bloodscythe