Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Bring Back Weapon Chant Decay

I just noticed my weapon lost some enchant points, extremely dissapointed and lost alot of effort trying to get my weapon this way.

I guess i have to quit my job now so i can maintain my stuff

• Like 1

Since bringing back the decay would force the average player to spend out many more silver for enchants that they wouldn't have to otherwise, I vote for boycotting anyone's shops and sales that vote for this decay being restored. I, for one, will not give those people one single iron. And that is how to vote in a market situation, with your wallet.

He has a different opinion that turns out to be an unpopular one. He's a good fellow and no one should boycott him for speaking his mind or voicing his opinion when he's not abdicating continuing his market to those of a differing opinion. Of course, you have your opinion also, which you are free to have, but he shouldn't be punished for having his either.

• Like 2

He has a different opinion that turns out to be an unpopular one. He's a good fellow and no one should boycott him for speaking his mind or voicing his opinion when he's not abdicating continuing his market to those of a differing opinion. Of course, you have your opinion also, which you are free to have, but he shouldn't be punished for having his either.

+1

Exactly i have dealt with Gumbo only recently and  they were a pleasure i had a rare 90ql 2H sword enchanted  via mail and it was done  very professionally  with reassurances and questions before every enchant  or  enchant removal,You should not burn a person for an opinion that's what forums are for, don't take it personally just because you disagree with someones opinions

Old and Current weapon enchants not decaying was contributing to everyone getting better and better weapons, specific level of cast powers became defacto long time ago and people do repurchase as they accumulate wealth in order to reach higher perfection their weapon of choice.

Weaponsmithing is a hard skill and the rate in which weapons need reimping keeps them well in business.

Priests on the other hand can keep creating new admirable weapons which keep having the market because of people seeking for higher perfection.

Compare to tools where prices of enchants are relatively low to the extent in which reimps are less common and repurchase of brand new enchanted items is more convenient. Also, very high powers in such market system are disregarded because of Utility vs Price factor, why would one pay alot for 99 power speed tool when they can get 90 power one for almost half the price, both will lose the powers anyway.

Weapon enchant decay would have led to this predicament eventually, declaring top power weapons a luxury only few can afford, making realistically possible range of "high powers" more sought for. The "seeking for higher perfection" would have been removed and leaving everyone contemplate their purse weight versus perceived utility of "few extra powers which are done in few weeks".

Allowing players keep the power in weapon they purchased allows this sense of achieved perfection and maintain the market for such perfected weapons.

Tools are okay with enchant decays since the work required to land one or two "high powers" in single item is far from having to land all four (of which one or two would cost 120 favor per attempt).

• Like 2

This isn't unreasonable at all. What is unreasonable are the entrenched Chaos elite who rally around and shout down absolutely anything which doesn't serve them first and foremost.

You do understand 90% of the people on Chaos don´t sell or buy weapons. Most of mine is for free and afaik most of the priests don´t make money off the enchants.. No real need. Lets face it.. the change will be annoying but Chaos will be the least affected one. I also get a feeling that OP and Busted have a "self interest in it" by coin. I do understand that people make money off this game and kinda dislike it, but this is really .. too much  for me. Sorry but will not buy any of the "gumbo" offered services.. Just because don´t like this kind of behaviour and "money talks" attitude..

• Like 2

will not buy any of the "gumbo" offered services..

Once again the Wurm community rears its unfriendly head. It is getting really hard to find reasons to recommend this game to any newcomers  :(

It is painfully obvious for anyone that knows the game, that a decay system benefits new players that wish to excel in the profession of crafter or enchanter. That is why we *have* decay in the first place - to give crafters more to do. Why else do we have decay on our tools and weapons? The principle is so obvious and simple, that dozens and dozens of posts have been necessary to drown the voice of logic.

The whole shitstorm of posts has only one purpose: to keep the priviliges with the already priviliged. Arguing for distribution of wealth to more players is seen as heresy  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Decay and things getting damaged when used are two completely different things.

Decay was put in to reduce the anount of items ingame. People would store thousands of veggies for example in backpacks on deed.

The OP obviously just wants more demand for the weapons he sells so he makes more money. If there was a reason other then complete personal gain then perhaps I would agree but the greed in the intent of this thread just makes me shake my head.

Edited by Redd

You do understand 90% of the people on Chaos don´t sell or buy weapons.

Seems odd that some Chaos folks are fighting so hard against this when they don't even have to pay for enchants. Maybe they have another more personal agenda coming here and shouting down the reversal of this bug fix. As I stated earlier, it's about equality not about money. Why should it be that a 90ql tool with a 90coc enchant have that coc enchant decay, and a 90ql weapon with a 90coc last for ever? It's the same thing IMO.

I could just as well have started a poll suggesting the cost of deed upkeep be slashed in half. I'm willing to bet that would have been up voted by the players in an "overwhelming" manner too. Does that mean Rolf should do it?

Sorry but will not buy any of the "gumbo" offered services.. Just because don´t like this kind of behaviour and "money talks" attitude..

Checked my logs. It appears you have never used any "Gumbo" services in the past. So business as usual. Seems to me you're attempting to use a scare tactic. Now who has a "self interest" here?

*points at Argustin*

Edited by Gumbo

Once again the Wurm community rears its unfriendly head. It is getting really hard to find reasons to recommend this game to any newcomers  :(

It is painfully obvious for anyone that knows the game, that a decay system benefits new players that wish to excel in the profession of crafter or enchanter. That is why we *have* decay in the first place - to give crafters more to do. Why else do we have decay on our tools and weapons? The principle is so obvious and simple, that dozens and dozens of posts have been necessary to drown the voice of logic.

The whole shitstorm of posts has only one purpose: to keep the priviliges with the already priviliged. Arguing for distribution of wealth to more players is seen as heresy  :rolleyes:

Show me a "newplayer" who can make high ql weapons with high enchants.. in the other way around. Decay on weapon encantmetns would make it more expensive for newer players to buy those weapons and they would have to additionally to getting them imped also need to get them recasted... that is atleast double the cost for them if not more. Not to say these same new players have to work much more to earn that money then us older players.

Easily.  A guy starts playing - buys prem (gets referal 6s, 1 SP and 3s) and decides to sell SP, now has 10s. He can buy 1 weapon right now which will keep him safe (LT Hugeaxe for example), he starts getting his skills up and the weapon is a good investment as he only needs to get it imped. Can you imagine if he had get it recasted also? How expensive that would be.. As stated before, i dont make money off of the game and i do have a 99+ carp and 98+ FC acc.. i could easily make money with that acc, but i really don´t want to waste my gametime... But this chance would make it more complicated for everyone and will make having a weapon burden...

Seems odd that some Chaos folks are fighting so hard against this when they don't even have to pay for enchants. Maybe they have another more personal agenda coming here and shouting down the reversal of this bug fix. As I stated earlier, it's about equality not about money. Why should it be that a 90ql tool with a 90coc enchant have that coc enchant decay, and a 90ql weapon with a 90coc last for ever? It's the same thing IMO.

I could just as well have started a poll suggesting the cost of deed upkeep be slashed in half. I'm willing to bet that would have been up voted by the players in an "overwhelming" manner too. Does that mean Rolf should do it?

Checked my logs. It appears you have never used any "Gumbo" services in the past. So business as usual. Seems to me you're attempting to use a scare tactic. Now who has a "self interest" here?

*points at Argustin*

I do have had my stuff imped by you.. but not anymore. I am sorry but this really looks like greed.. I know the markets are down but you are cheating here the newer players.. And ask around i do buy stuff and spend alot of silver on this game.. I really don´t see a need for this change just because it can be changed... It makes another part of the game a moneysink and (for some like *points at Gumbo) a place to earn money. I do understand the problem that comes from the fact that accounts don´t disepear but gets resold so old accounts with good skills will stay on forever.. but hey, cheaper stuff means better service and cheaper stuff as a buyer. If you are sad that you cannot ask 12s for a LT LS (that did actually sell for that much like ayear and half ago) then ... That is just greed. If you are here for profit and profit is gone don´t waste your time..

The OP obviously just wants more demand for the weapons he sells so he makes more money. If there was a reason other then complete personal gain then perhaps I would agree but the greed in the intent of this thread just makes me shake my head.

No, the OP wants equality and consistency in the game he luvs to play, whether it be enchant decay on weapons, or no enchant decay on tools. So by your own comment, you now agree with me. Glad to have you on my side Redd. Here's a sign for you to carry around that says you are all for weapon enchant decay. Thanks, your support is appreciated.

Easily.  A guy starts playing - buys prem (gets referal 6s, 1 SP and 3s) and decides to sell SP, now has 10s. He can buy 1 weapon right now which will keep him safe (LT Hugeaxe for example),

Or he could buy a plain 90ql no chanted Huge Axe for 1s and have 9s left over for other purchases.

I will buy Gumbo services  no matter what opinion he has

Edited by Toecutter

I do have had my stuff imped by you.. but not anymore. I am sorry but this really looks like greed..

Since I'm all for No Enchant decay on tools as well, to bring that in line with the No Enchant decay on weapons, that proves it's not about money or greed. It proves I'm all for equality and consistency.

When can I expect your weapon for an imp (sorry j/k).

;)

Since I'm all for No Enchant decay on tools as well, to bring that in line with the No Enchant decay on weapons, that proves it's not about money or greed. It proves I'm all for equality and consistency.

When can I expect your weapon for an imp (sorry j/k).

;)

I am ok with that.. i would love no decay on tool enchants but that is too unreal so i am not pushing on it.

No, the OP wants equality and consistency in the game he luvs to play, whether it be enchant decay on weapons, or no enchant decay on tools. So by your own comment, you now agree with me. Glad to have you on my side Redd. Here's a sign for you to carry around that says you are all for weapon enchant decay. Thanks, your support is appreciated.

Righto ^^

Greed *shakes head*

I shed a tear when my enchants dropped, but I liked the change. It would create a better weapon market I believe. To people saying he just wants to make more money - it's okey to be jealous... ;)

1+

• Like 2

Regarding the comparison of tools and weapons I can say only one thing. Instead of having 3-4 enchants (including MS which is not "necessary") on a single item you have 3-4 items with 1-2 enchants on them per tool set. As someone who has used bows (their enchants always decayed) and tools extensively I can say that it is tool enchant decay costs me way too much and the loss of power for bow enchants is "funny" so if weapon enchant decay was going to be like bow enchant decay I believe that it would mostly affect the value of old used weapons with enchants just above 90.

So if folks really care about "making the lives of others easier" and going for popular changes when they believe that lack of decay doesn't harm the in-game economy I expect everyone to vote for all enchant decay to be gone . Even if it seems improbable you never know! If you really want it gone ask for it so that at least your support can be counted by the devs!

Edited by Anothernoob
  • Like 1

Righto ^^

Greed *shakes head*

How about you discuss the issue of why there is this inconsistency instead of speculating on some imaginary reason why you believe I started this thread. I've stated many times it's to bring equality and consistency to the game. If you want to ignore that, that's your business. But comments like this only show you're ignoring the topic and attempting to demonize me.

• Like 1

And ask around i do buy stuff and spend alot of silver on this game.. 

In other words, you are not a crafter and you have no idea what is good for the crafting aspect of the game. It seems your only interest is to keep the top gear you bought for yourself intact. 

cheaper stuff means better service and cheaper stuff as a buyer. If you are sad that you cannot ask 12s for a LT LS (that did actually sell for that much like ayear and half ago) then ... That is just greed. 

Decay means cheaper stuff. Ask yourself, if one QL95 sword has no decay on either QL or enchants, and another has decay on both QL and enchants, which one would be most expensive? 

Decay ensures a lively economy and a healthy crafting community. There is simply no argument for why enchants on weapons should be exempted while everything else decays.

Edited by Cista
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who blames the Developers for doing an abysmal PR job?...

This thread saddens me. This argument should have been avoided. Shame on you CodeClub AB.

• Like 3

Easily.  A guy starts playing - buys prem (gets referal 6s, 1 SP and 3s) and decides to sell SP, now has 10s. He can buy 1 weapon right now which will keep him safe (LT Hugeaxe for example), he starts getting his skills up and the weapon is a good investment as he only needs to get it imped. Can you imagine if he had get it recasted also? How expensive that would be..

Now substitute this new player buying a rare chanted pickaxe instead of a chanted Huge axe. Oh look, now he has to spend money to get the pick rechanted instead. Does the pick have Imbues on it? Well now, that's a whole new argument.

-1 they are already expensive no need to change that

• Like 1

To all the players claiming that Lord Gumbo has posted this because he's greedy and is only after cash....FOR SHAME, FOR SHAME ON YOU ALL !!!

Did IQ's drop over night or do you all have very short memories ?

Do you guys not remember at impalongs Gumbo would setup games and such and GIVE away stuff...not all of the items were his but some of them were.

Plus giving up his time to setup and host such things that would take hours does not strike me as the actions of a greedy person.

I have played Wurm now for just under 6 years now and met Gumbo a long while back... i have always found him to be VERY fair, helpful and a great guy.....he has even given away loads of stuff to help out players.

Although i do not agree with him and that weapon enchantments should decay is not the point here.

To attack him and say stuff like "Your just greedy and saying this for your own ends" is wrong.... i said it once and i'll say it again....FOR SHAME ON YOU ALL :(

• Like 3