Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Bring Back Weapon Chant Decay

Without weapon chant decay, the market will stagnate. This was a bug that finally got fixed.

Rolf, you made a decision to fix this bug and bring the game in line with your vision. Now you've crumbled and given in to a handful of complainers. Well now it's time for the people who do enchanting to complain. Seeing as this is supposed to be the summer of bug fixing, why not start making polls to let the players decide what bugs they want fixed.

Edit - I would like to point out that I'm all for either having enchant decay on all weapons and tools, or NO enchant decay on all weapons and tools.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 7

Wurm would be a great case study for a game design class. Particularly in regards to the unheralded game mechanics changes, and the responses they receive from the game's community.

A smart design team would have gotten ahead of this change by saying something along the lines of:

"Hey guys, we found a bug with Weapon Decay not functioning. We think we've fixed it for now, but we won't know until this next patch goes live. Please send us some feedback on the speed of the decay, and help us figure out the right balance for this function."

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

See my signature.

no, I have them shut off. What's it say?

• Like 1

As a person that does enchants, I have to disagree, hate seeing all that work and effort go to waste on decays, it's bad enough having to reimp casts on every tool in the game.. then even though I have 90+ channeling the risks of shatters and pissing off customers.. no thank you.

• Like 11

no, I have them shut off. What's it say?

it says get a job if you need to pay your bills, the rest of us have them

edit nvm he changed his sig

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2

Then Rolf should also remove enchant decay on Tools as well.  Remove chant decay on everything or nothing.

• Like 5

Im not sure how anyone can say it will stagnate the market when it has been fine for how many years?

• Like 11

it says get a job if you need to pay your bills, the rest of us have them

I have a job. I don't get it?

Im not sure how anyone can say it will stagnate the market when it has been fine for how many years?

The weapon market has been spiraling down for a while now. This enchant decay on weapons (IMO) was going to actually spark a little fire under it.

Edit-  it will stagnate because there is less and less need for folks to buy/enchant their weapons.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 1

still need their ql imped, most can imp their own tools not a lot of people do the weapon smithing grind

still need their ql imped

How long until folks complain about weapon/tool damage and pressure Rolf to revert it as well?

Edited by Gumbo

The entirety of markets in wurm are spiraling down, is this particular issue a bug? I have no idea because it's been in the game since I started playing, I fought 3-5 mobs and lost 1 power enchant on my weapon, I consider that highly expensive without being a power priest. I also don't see a reason to pay out more to priests in wurm then I already do overall. They are already the high money makers of wurm which this suggestion would enable them to build upon.

• Like 1

sure why not and make rare weapons/armor/tools become regular after a certain period of time... muahahahah  

nah, i don't think so  ;)

Fighting 3 - 5 mobs and having chant decay is a little much. There could have merely been a little tweek to the amount of decay, instead of a complete reversal on a decision made by Rolf.

• Like 2

The market's stagnated because while people leave, their accounts don't..... 

Some bigtime crafting/enchanting accounts are on their 3rd? 4th? owner.

More than stagnated, it's flooded, in fact.

• Like 5

The market's stagnated because while people leave, their accounts don't..... 

Some bigtime crafting/enchanting accounts are on their 3rd? 4th? owner.

More than stagnated, it's flooded, in fact.

Yes, this exactly. I was being generous.

You disgust me.

All you want is for weapon enchants to decay so you can sell more weapons for money.

• Like 12

You disgust me.

All you want is for weapon enchants to decay so you can sell more weapons for money.

wow, a little harsh for a game don't you think? Who peed in your cornflakes?

I feel that all markets in wurm seem to stagnate due to the aforementioned reasons, if your issue is with the markets there needs to be a more fundamental change to the economy of wurm if you want to see a more stable market. I think weapon enchants would have to decay very slowly if they were to at all since there is a large difficulty in applying several good enchants to a single good weapon.

• Like 2

There will be new players who need weapons, and there will be people (like me) that just get bored and want to switch weapons after a while. 

The weapons trade will go on but as has been stated there are far more people selling them much cheaper than they were a few years ago and I doubt that will change either.

If you want demand for enchanted weapons to go up you will need to get more players and that will only happen after the bug fixes and a little advertising. B)

"Gumbo, on 04 Jun 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:
Then Rolf should also remove enchant decay on Tools as well.  Remove chant decay on everything or nothing."

-1 do not re-instate decay

+1 take them off tools too  :D

Edited by Bachus
  • Like 1

I want skill decay to make a comeback as well.

If it is to come back skills should decay only while your'e logged in, not 24/7 as it used to

The game is not the market, the market is not the game.  If you don't like what stuff sells for, don't sell it.  If enough people stop selling certain things, the price will rise, and you get to decide whether it's worth your while to restart your production.

• Like 3

No one else wanted this back, I guess not every one plays for money and only how much they can ream someone for.

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 4