Sign in to follow this  
SuperFly

raise linton spawn

would like to raise the linton spaw point so its not a crater, who or how would i make that happen??  Someone has started linton market area and just left it.....  Incomplete and no way to change it or improve it.  Id say there is very few people living in this area and we are here everyday and Id love to make the area nice and attractive to other players to place merchants, build a homestead etc, If there is a concern as to my building/teraforming skills feel free to visit norhaven, I have also built the 3 lane highway leaving linton market to the south.

SuperFly

Edited by SuperFly

hope u get permission to do that. whoevers idea it was to make all the spawn points craters in the ground shouldnt be asked to contribute to more ideas.

would like to raise the linton spaw point so its not a crator, who or how would i make that happen??

SuperFly

I guess the GM's name would be on the Token? Then their character name can be found by association. Maybe just make a support ticket in game to ask? Ask in CA help tab?

I know GM Logi-Jberg did work on Glasshollow. Maybe he does all starter Villages on Xanadu? More questions than answers?

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

You could try to pm a GM on the forums, but usually starting towns are built by GMs without players intervention, based on the time they have (don't forget they are players too, and more than that, a GM job involves a lot of things).

There is a list of them here http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/4976-wurm-staff/

Nice idea, anyway, and if it helps, I hope your request will be listened and considered. :)

I see it as a fear issue. Make new players scared to climb a hill the can't see over. Sadly Linton is a bunker in a hill located in a valley. Its awkward in topography. Its pretty much a crater in the desert.

I think out of all the spawn points, Linton has to be the most poorly done. It's not that inviting at all and I think it could use a complete overhaul. The pyramid could stay (I'm assuming that's part of it) but everything else should be changed.

Wouldn't change the pyramid, maybe a nice bright light on it hahaha  No just want to make the area more appealing...  thanks for the responses everyone, hopefully it reaches the all and powerful... :)

When i went to linton it was a desolate-sad-land would like to see some improvements done to it when i visit it next time.

Its nice once you get out of the bison poo. One of the heavier population areas out to the west Northwest. I think all the starters should get attention like the home cites of PVPers.

Edited by Leroy

North of Linton is pretty populated too. It's just Linton area itself that's desolate. I think Linton has to be one of the quietest spawn points on the server. At least there are roads that go on for kilometers from that spawn point. It's a great spawn to start at if you want to find the ultimate hermit spot. lol

The new designs for the spawn towns have been carefully balanced for maximum client efficiency so that players spawning there will have minimum issues loading terrain and items. I don't know for sure if Linton has been redone yet (I've not been involved in it myself) but I'll bring it up with those who have to see whether it's been looked at yet, and if it has, whether we might be able to improve things a little aesthetically.

As far as any market's go, they are nothing to do with the spawn towns and merchant's shouldn't be placeable on them. If the settings are wrong, they will be corrected.

don't know who came up with the idea to wall the spawn deeds but its not a good thing.

I've just had a look at Linton, looks to me like it's not been overhauled yet. We'll get to it in time :)

Here is my delema, the market area that has been 1/2 developed has been placed in linton perimeter, if that area can be deeded I wouldn't mind doing that, OR even put together a community build for the market, I cant trim grass in that area because its in lintons perimeter.   Not sure what else i cant do in the market area  I stopped at not being able to cut lawn.  I am happy that the spawn itself may be addressed, not to be redundant but its a HOLE and large HOLE, be nice if new players can see the surrounding area, again i understand the loading aspects of that decision, but really, I think that could be sacrificed, given that new players have a great first experience when entering the world.   The spawns in my opinion should be unique and identifiable on sight, like any major city.  I think they should compliment the surround area, I.E. We have decided in Norhaven to try and keep wooden fences and matching buildings for a "farm" style look that we thought fit the area with all the steppe and sparse trees.  I appreciate your addressing this issue and look forward to finding a amicable solution.

Here is my delema, the market area that has been 1/2 developed has been placed in linton perimeter, if that area can be deeded I wouldn't mind doing that, OR even put together a community build for the market, I cant trim grass in that area because its in lintons perimeter.   Not sure what else i cant do in the market area  I stopped at not being able to cut lawn.  I am happy that the spawn itself may be addressed, not to be redundant but its a HOLE and large HOLE, be nice if new players can see the surrounding area, again i understand the loading aspects of that decision, but really, I think that could be sacrificed, given that new players have a great first experience when entering the world.   The spawns in my opinion should be unique and identifiable on sight, like any major city.  I think they should compliment the surround area, I.E. We have decided in Norhaven to try and keep wooden fences and matching buildings for a "farm" style look that we thought fit the area with all the steppe and sparse trees.  I appreciate your addressing this issue and look forward to finding a amicable solution.

You could always create a market. If you'd like help feel free to message me here or in game. My name is the same. :)

Edited by Hoshi
  • Like 1

Great Idea, but one has been started by the pyramid, I guess it could be placed further south out of the linton permiter  Id want to turn that area back into fields tho..  Look kinda silly leveled and paved with no merchant stalls :)

Would be great if in the building of Linton they permitted a clear view through from the token, of the pyramid since it has become an identifiable landmark even on the mapdump.

The deed won't be expanded to cover the market - all starter deeds are the same size and settings, so whoever started trying to build market stuff in the perimeter, that was their choice and probably error. You'll need to build elsewhere if you wish to create and manage a deeded market near Linton.

Yeah. A new deed for a market, south or north of Linton, might suit the area best. I also highly recommend the market being on it's own deed as then the market itself can shift hands if need be down the road.

Perhaps make it a community project even. :)

I passed by yesterday whilst hunting and I have to say it's a rather bland and colorless spawn. Makes it pretty unappealing. That's quite unfortunate though considering all of the land surrounding it is so beautiful and most of it is untouched for the most part. It's a very nice area and my buddies and I plan on making a deed up north soon. If you guys plan on making a market or something, let me know. We'd love to help :)

Excellent, I will post as soon as I select a good site for a market here. I have a good idea for a place will update.

Thanks Everyone...