Sign in to follow this  
Battlepaw

ARK Survival Evolved (AKA: Dinochow simulator) Have you played it?

Heh milo... man I wish you could have been there for our exodus.... it was just Kip and I, and it was freaking crazy.   

Anyways, been rebuilding my army with new recruits I now have: 

5 Raptors

1 Carno

1 Turtle

4 Trikes

1 Mamoth (Yea they are deffinately OP lol)

1 T-Rex

1 Ankosaurus

2 Sabertooth tigers

1 Peradon (the first flying dino you can get a saddle for)

2 Giant Scorps

1 Bronto

That's just what we have at our main base, I left a few raptors and a parasaur for Milo to play around with when hes on at our old base.    If anyone wants to join me on the server just toss me a forum PM and I'll toss you the details.    

2:14, Bronto does 2 craps right ontop of you.

Also, how long did it take you guys to tame your bronto and carno?

I didn't tame the Bronto, it was one of my buddies, but I think it took him well over 2 hours.   The carno took about 1hr 45 mins or so.    We tamed a T-rex at the same time but that one died the next day, how we still don't know lol.    (We think it drowned)    

The taming is easier as you level up, and you can boost the tameing timer by feeding the carnovorse prime meat.    Or useing their prefered meat type.  (Scorps take rotten meat)

Edited by Battlepaw

So I have this on my Steam wishlist and I'm not usually hesitant on filling up by Game library.

Is the game rwally worth it? I'm disappointed that I read no terraforming. Can you build anywhere or only in flat defined areas?

Also with limited playtime, is there options for PvE as Ive read the work of weeks can be destroyed over night.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

there is pve, can build anywhere,  they even said there will be underwater bases at some point. Games well worth the cost.

So I have this on my Steam wishlist and I'm not usually hesitant on filling up by Game library.

Is the game rwally worth it? I'm disappointed that I read no terraforming. Can you build anywhere or only in flat defined areas?

Also with limited playtime, is there options for PvE as Ive read the work of weeks can be destroyed over night.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Battlepaw

I logged on last night and saw the new base, very nice.

Current group:

5 players

4 raptors

1 carno

1 pteradon

2 trikes

1 steg

2 scorps

Looking for an Albino T-Rex to tame, they are quite evasive but white as snow. Would be super cool to have one...

Looking for an Albino T-Rex to tame, they are quite evasive but white as snow. Would be super cool to have one...

Same... been trying to catch the one that goes up and down the river next to my base, but no luck yet.   I have one T-Rex saddled,need another one :D   

hey guys/gals!    as i said i play ark. i have my own rented server from nitrado, its pve, Rules set on it--- shows where you are on the map---cross hairs--- disabled pvp.   max 20 slots.  Feel free to play on it. 

password is - 201512

64.237.59.187:31000

TheDino is the server name

You can find it under steam--View--servers--filter--ark----internet tab   Scroll down through there as  the add server function in steam is screwy.  i am the admin. only me n 4 others play on it, but they been busy and ive been very sick latley and busy ( feels like i hit by a truck ).  

http://server.nitrado.net/donations/donate/677482

donation link incase ya like it there and wanna help, its 41.50 a month, its a 8 gig ram server with 4 gig mod space. they auto update it each morning or per integer update, ie 171 old and new would be 172..     my name ingame is fatboy,   Spawn East zone 2 if ya wanna live near me,  but your free to spawn anywhere ya like!. devs are awsome and are working hard to iron out issues.  (and sometime ill be active wurm again, but i can only juggle so much at one time! lol ) :-P

May have to join you.  I've been looking for a friendly group to play with.  I tried out the public servers and it's just a troll-fest.  The public PVE's aren't really bad, but the established people have blocked off the caves needed for endgame.

I've mostly been playing on local.  Tamed most of the herbivores and been working on the carnivores.  Scorps make really good guards btw.

I may pop in tonight after I get some things done at home.

UPDATE: We've moved from the server we were on, to our own sever now.    Though we ran into a bug that reset all the stats of the dinos we downloaded when we restarted the server, resulting in the deaths of many of our beloved pets :(    

RIP:  

Mr. Poptart: Raptor 

Big Betty:  Mammoth  

Lady Silverwing:  Petredon  

Pameo: Giant Scorp

Elvis: Carno

Princess Dee Dee: Trike

Well just a word of warning, be careful when transferring dinos, since I'm not sure when they will fix the bug.    Though with the update speed, I'm betting it will be soon.    

Edited by Battlepaw

I spent like 3 days building up my base. Had like 2 t-rexs, 3 megadolons. Went to bed and next day I woke up, logged in to the server and saw all of my gone. Unistalled the game 

I spent like 3 days building up my base. Had like 2 t-rexs, 3 megadolons. Went to bed and next day I woke up, logged in to the server and saw all of my ###### gone. Unistalled the game 

I play on a private server Sparky,  just join up with us mate.   The official ones, and most of the unofficial ones for that matter are a waste of time.    PM me if interested :D 

Just got everything fixed gents, and we are broadcasting our ID now, and I'm adding it to ARK server lists.    It may be converted to PvE/PvP in the future but for now it's PvE until we can finish testing all the new plugins.    

banner-1.png

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 2

Been at ARK for about a week, and having a blast. Buddy tamed a T-Rex yesterday, amazing to see it in camp hanging around.

Been at ARK for about a week, and having a blast. Buddy tamed a T-Rex yesterday, amazing to see it in camp hanging around.

Heh, after we moved our dinos to our own dedicated server they all glitched, and the stats reset, most of them died off, but I set our surviving rex to agressive, and wander mode and set it loose, I see it now an then around the island as I'm flying around, or doing something.   Always cracks me up it's still alive.    

Those T-rexes.... man they are beast :D    

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 2

Come on, what did you name it?

Well when I originally tamed it, it was because it got stuck on my petredon after it came up and ate it, allowing me to tranc it successfully, unfortunately not just  costing me the pertadon, but the saddle, as it landed on body, rendering me unable to get the saddle back.    It was my first T-rex though, after several failed attempts at taming others, usually ending with me being rex-chow.   

She was speckled red and black so I named her Bloody Mary.    There is no sweeter revenge, for the loss of one dino, than taming the culprit.   :D   

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Have they added dino breeding yet?

Battlepaw, get your Dino army together and I'll come to another vid. Shame you lost the last set. The Landing pad was very cool :)

Battlepaw, get your Dino army together and I'll come to another vid. Shame you lost the last set. The Landing pad was very cool :)

we are still working on our new base, not much to see yet, nothing as large as the one on Petunia's server so far, though we are getting the materials together to build one larger out of metal.  The one we had before was nice, but it had a lot of flaws we want to fix with a new design.  

Tried it for a week or so and was enjoying it quite a bit. At least until one of those big hawk dino's came and destroyed all of my structures.

Made no sense to me why a dino would want to destroy walls and items. So I quit and haven't been back. :P