Sign in to follow this  
sunsvortex

Increase WeaponSmithing Skill gain and Other Options

1. stop using the economy as a justification for or against a change to the game - that's highly flawed logic 

2. stop lowering your standards and accepting something less / an alternative to fixing the actual problem - we should not be asking for band aid patches, that just shows that we are desperate and will accept anything that is thrown at us

Funny that the weaponsmiths are the ones that would like to see this happen and the rest, most of whom admit they are not weaponsmiths, are all clutching pearls at the mere thought of it.

Elen is very correct, there is only a shadow of an economy at best. Just because you can show a handful of people making some coin here and there doesnt mean that there is an economy.

Using economic rationales to justify actions has long been a very acceptable way to show that change is needed /unwarranted. The only flawed logic is thinking that it doesnt work.

As far as fixing the actual problem - The actual problem lies in the lifecycle mechanics. Everything else are only symptoms of a much larger problem. They reverted it for now, we will see what will have to change now to compensate if anything at all.

Edited by sunsvortex

Wouldn't it make more sense to make enchanting easier if enchants wear off?

No- That sends the player back to priest alts.

and No - because then it doesnt play nice with the lifecycle.

While none may care about the lifecycle of items, this is an item centric game, thier availability, thier creation and thier destruction have very large effects on the way everyone plays. Like it or not, we are slaves to it.

I feel that weaponsmithing isn't special enough to justify its slow skillgain. When the rule of 70 was added years ago, high-level weaponsmiths were heavily devalued, and now the main appeal of extremely high weaponsmithing is being able to maintain top-end carving & butchering knives.

I'd rather see weaponsmithing skillgain sped up and the rule of 70 removed from weapons in combat, but the current system works.  It's weird, but it works.

I feel that weaponsmithing is in a strange place in that for combat you only need 70 ql weapons to be effectively maximum and yet grinding to that point is much harder than with many other skills. That being said speeding up ws skillgain would be a huge insult to those who have got to high weaponsmiting under the current system if they are not appropriately compensated. I wear my weaponsmithing title with pride knowing it took some work and as such personally I'd rather keep it where it is.

• Like 1

Just to set the record straight, I'm a high level weaponsmith and wouldn't wan this change.

And what's this rule of 70 about?

• Like 1

If you want easier weapon smithing, come to Epic :)

First of all I have no idea why weaponsmithing had such a low skill gain (the tick size way smaller compared to the skill tick of normal smithing skills).

Secondly making skill gain in WS the same with every other skill is totally unfair for those who invested time in grinding WS. So if we are going to see the low skill gain being "fixed", everyone should be given the ability to bump other skills up as a compensation (and good luck dealing with skill inflation).

The rule of 70 means that 70ql wargear behaves like pre-rule 90ql (when effectiveness was proportional to ql). You can see how it works in a damage reduction chart for armor. It was implemented in order to make replacing gear for PvP easier and in fact most people who are aware of it are from these servers.

Edited by Anothernoob