Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Papyrus Message Fountain at Glasshollow Market

The fountain in the center of Glasshollow Market is now a public meeting place!

Anyone is welcome to take a sheet of papyrus and a pen from the red cart just nearby, about six tiles away towards the guard tower. Inscribed messages may be placed into the center fountain at the token so that they may be viewed by anyone.

Name buy/sell requests starting with "WTB" or "WTS" in order to allow easy sorting. You may also request a rename for your merchant's market stall. Remember to rename your sheet before posting, so people will know which ones to read. A system of sub-containers to sort older sheets until their decay may be implemented as the fountain becomes full.

Any message is welcome! You may place your village ad, or just say hello to Glasshollow! I will continue to supply papyrus, pens and dye in the red cart as more are needed; I have just installed a small reed farm on my nearby deed, Golden Glass, with plenty of room to expand.

NOTE: The ornate fountain next to the red cart may be the future location for this 'message board' (current location promotes awareness of new message system)

• Like 5

Nice, beats the message boards since it's got limited space usually.

I will also accept inscribed papyrus sheets by mail (sent to Rockybalboa) and I will add them to the fountain here in the market. You are not required to travel here in order to have your message posted.

I have also been thinking of a few ideas for a drawing or lottery that people will be able to enter by using the fountain:

-A chance to win a prize of item or coin (with no cost to enter) which would promote this new fountain and encourage participation.

-A lottery game where people deposit a coin (renamed to show ownership) into a bag in the fountain; the prize pool will grow as more people enter into the lottery; each coin should be renamed to include a number from 1-100 (in addition to your name) to be used with /random to select the winner; the coin denomination would be a set value to add to the fountain (maybe a 20c or a 1s coin) but you would be able to enter multiple coins for more chances to win.

Keep checking for new developments! I will provide lottery game details here once it is all planned.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/124487-buletin-boards/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/125363-bulletin-board/

There is a demand for this service, and the fountain in the market is has been collecting sheets. I feel like this will really take off once more people are aware of this sort of system.

Edited by Meldichoir
fixed old, broken links