Sign in to follow this  
Lordterrabyte

Floating Pontoon

I have been thinking about using wooden bridges as jetties instead of the typical dirt docks and came up with this idea in my head, if we could make floating pontoons that act as floating building tiles to connect bridges and even build on water. Perhaps using rafts lashed together some how maybe 4 small srafts and a floor board something like that. It could be push pulled in the same way the siege shields do where they move a whole tile for positioning as it would probably have to snap to the tile borders or tiles to allow building. This would eliminate things like old unused dirt docks from being shipping hazards after they are no longer used or on deed as they would simply decay eventually. and perhaps some limitation on them like they can only be used with rope and wooden bridges for a little realism (a stone bridge would sink a real one so would maybe look a little silly).

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there anyway keep up the awesome work devs, loving all the new possibilities  :)

• Like 1

interesting thought; I could see using it with rope bridges

Possibly add mooring anchors to lock the pontoon into position to allow building to it, idk just an after thought there.

Sounds good, provided there would be some limitations, I'm not to keen on haveing floating things block passage at sea.

Maybe only possible on shallow water for example?

I think Lord is suggesting that the pontoons be actual bridge building tiles, so the "bridge" would be the required height to allow ships under it. Or maybe she is just talking about a pontoon low bridge...

nope I'm talking about making a raft that floats on the water and is essentially a floating flat building tile that you can embark or disembark ships/boats to and from like this

20130712034037_0___Pontoon%20(1).jpg

I think Lord is suggesting that the pontoons be actual bridge building tiles, so the "bridge" would be the required height to allow ships under it. Or maybe she is just talking about a pontoon low bridge...

I'm a Lord not a Lady  :P

Edited by Lordterrabyte