Sign in to follow this  
Fooligun

[Poll] Revert the Weapon Enchant Decay

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Weapon Enchant Decay Should be Reverted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Please Specify)

Recently, the developers changed the current game mechanic where weapon enchants never decayed with use to include the decay typical of tools and other enchants. Public news of this was recently broken by Jberg in the thread HERE. Apparently the change has been live for some time but never mentioned. 

My opinion of this is to revert this change ASAP, weapons are a necessity in survival of Wurm Online, allowing you to gather food and protect yourself. With the option of obtaining multiple casts on weapons, it will become increasingly difficult to maintain these enchants, as most weapons are recasted in a lengthy process with current casting being almost completely random this change will severely hurt the player base, and so I am suggesting this changed be removed ASAP.

What are your views on this? Please post below and vote in the poll.

Fooli

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 2

i dont want to recast LT

its taken me so many casts

but rolf never reverts anything so good luck lol

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

I like the idea of enchants decaying, but not decaying so fast that you need to keep them enchanted every week or month.

lol fwiw it's been a bug for a long time that it never decayed.

There was an update several years ago which stated it 'fixed' weapon enchant decays but devs didn't take into consideration weapons do not have timers for fighting, so it only affected actions such as cutting trees down and bashing things with weapons.

Seeing as weapons require multiple enchants, it makes it a pain to maintain, especially when people like to do the enchanting system of "I'll cast the enchants in a specific order so I can dispel and try again and hope for that lucky 90 cast rather than improve"

This means you're hoping your later order of enchants are lower than the rest, so when it comes to re-enchanting them you can just re-do the lot without thinking your 101 final cast being in the way of the dispel.

This does not effect me much i have 78 fs i think and i don't hunt anymore or really need to level my skill any so will let you all figure it out but i can see the reason for the change. The way it is now we only ever need one weapon for the whole game just keep it improved and you are set. 

I just wonder if it will make the weapons cheaper? 

Edited by Kegan

I voted yes. I am new and cant spend coin all day for enchants. Also overall cost will increase as we will need to redo them. 

This does not effect me much i have 78 fs i think and i don't hunt anymore or really need to level my skill any so will let you all figure it out but i can see the reason for the change. The way it is now we only ever need one weapon for the whole game just keep it improved and you are set.

I just wonder if it will make the weapons cheaper?

In PVE sure np. In PVP this is a horrible "fix".

lol fwiw it's been a bug for a long time that it never decayed.

There was an update several years ago which stated it 'fixed' weapon enchant decays but devs didn't take into consideration weapons do not have timers for fighting, so it only affected actions such as cutting trees down and bashing things with weapons.

Seeing as weapons require multiple enchants, it makes it a pain to maintain, especially when people like to do the enchanting system of "I'll cast the enchants in a specific order so I can dispel and try again and hope for that lucky 90 cast rather than improve"

This means you're hoping your later order of enchants are lower than the rest, so when it comes to re-enchanting them you can just re-do the lot without thinking your 101 final cast being in the way of the dispel.

Multiple enchants on weapons... Very good point. This puts multiple enchanted weapon users in a tight spot, and good luck to the merchants who sell multiple enchanted weapons after that update, especially in pve servers. This is something that doesn't show love to anyone and make it harder for everyone. If this must be done, at least make it very low decay so it takes an acceptable ammount of use to start losing the enchants

• Like 1

If this remains, then enchanting needs to revert back to the way it was 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Minecraft doesn't have enchantment decay.  Why should we?

• Like 2

+1000

Apparently the change has been live for some time but never mentioned. 

And, WTF. I can't comprehend this lack of documentation.

There is enough tedium in this game already, and stuff we pay for but don't get the right benefits from, such as the loss of goods from bins on deed, and full grief protection on the deed. I don't want MORE things I have to do over and over, and pay for over and over. If I'm not getting some kind of skill game from the tedium, I don't want it. I understand why the grinds are long and hard to gain skills, but I don't see why it has to take four hours to sail from one server to another, or 45 minutes to move a bin across your house, or however many seconds to get rid of an ugly stump. The grind for skill is killer - that's enough. Stop with the expense and tedium for stuff that gives no reward. WTF is the theory behind this decay? "Screw potential new players and players who are fed up with repetition and expense - some of the players who want to earn their entire premium and deed fees from in-game actions need more ways to not pay RL coin"? Who and what is this weapon skill decay benefitting? It's certainly not the RL money paying customers. Are you trying to get rid of every last one of us?

Please dont take the coins from us poor priests.

Poor priests right ok, and for the rest of us that play the game to have fun rare decay or not it shouldn't decay at all from normal weapon use

• Like 2

Poor priests right ok, and for the rest of us that play the game to have fun rare decay or not it shouldn't decay at all from normal weapon use

Weapon enchants should only last a maximum of 24 hours. This would help priests make more money and allow for more trading between players. 

• Like 2

I'm a bit on the fence, I guess I think it's interesting that there's decay because it does mean there's more value to having these priests, but then I think really is that really making the game more fun?  Probably not.

Maybe there can be a middle ground though?  What if damage enchants decayed if being used by the opposing kingdom?  So like if I was JK/MR/PMKs and had an RT sword, the RT would decay faster.  LT/Flaming Aura/Frostbrand would decay faster for BL or BL PMKs.  That way there's sort of a desire to kill enemy for their enchanted goods.  

• Like 2

Weapon enchants should only last a maximum of 24 hours. This would help priests make more money and allow for more trading between players. 

Don't you think 24 hours is a bit long, make it 3 hours, have to enchant before pvp.

Now we can enchant and tame for an hour before we pvp. :) It will be great!

• Like 1

Perhaps it was considered a "bug" that weapon enchants did not loose their values from use (some call decay) and this was the justification that this ninja undocumented change has been snuck unannounced into the game, if indeed it actually has, which I question anyway.

Now just on the chance that this weapon enchant decline from use has actually been applied to them, I am against it. Weapons had a welcome immunity from this common place enchant value decline and it was very beneficial to everyone, except perhaps priests who can make money now from re-enchanting weapons.

Still, the game should not be tailored around the ability for priests to be able to make silver coins from playing the game. Rather make the game more enjoyable and affordable to play for everyone, which applying weapon enchant decline from use to them in order to fix this "bug" does not do. Not to mention the time required to reschedule weapon enchants, shattering possibilities and silver coin payments required. Oh, but I just did.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

My opinion of this is to revert this change ASAP, weapons are a necessity in survival of Wurm Online, allowing you to gather food and protect yourself.

Fooli

So they're removing weapons? Cuz you make the point that you need them. So they must be removing weapons, yeah? Or is this some drama because you didn't like something that got changed. Cuz I still have weapons that are not nor never have been enchanted and I have absolutely no problem protecting myself or gathering food. If they remove the decay for ALL enchants I'm wit ya. If it's just for weapons nah.

• Like 1

Well if they want decay on enchants, fine so be it, make it so we can cast all enchants on weapons without linking, therefore offsetting the affordability of those weapon enchants that do decay that require linking.

Personally I think this is short sighted, but then again they've changed things that have been in the game for years all under the guise of 'Not Intended' and we saw the reaction of that.

<shakes head> You'd think some would take head of making changes like this with no thought to how this will affect the economy of enchanting.

Why bother getting that LT enchant now that it decays down in 4 months and you have to spend more to get it enchanted again.  This reminds of Microsofts Office 365 crap where you download it, then pay a monthly fee  to USE it as well as the original cost.  I bought the dam weapon why should i have to pay rent to some priests to keep using it.  That has got to be the most dumbass thing ever. I can understand tools being used on a continual basis loosing it's enchants, fine thats understandable and make sense,

Hell even harry potters wand could run outta charges, but did you see Gandalf wielding his sword and going 'Oh guys it's lost its goblin cleaver enchant, gimme a few days to get it re-enchanted'  

Whatever, it's your game, screw up however you want to.

• Like 5

I agree with Stormblade

Make enchants decay only if we remove the linking requirement on those spells otherwise the price of enchants will not be worth getting your weapon enchanted.

• Like 2

Tbh i have always wondered how it is so, that you lose enchants on tools and not weapons... considered it a "not discovered bug".. oh well.. I think they should revolt this or make the casting more reliant, less favor needing and easier if they add the decay... in a weird way i think it might be interesting from pvp side where instead of LT(Fb/FA/RT)+ COC+MS+ HD+ NIMB casts we might get certain casted weapons, LT+ Nimb for tank and FB/RT/FA+ NIMB for damage..for PvE its total bs, just a moneymaker for people who have priests... Althought the prices have been dropping alot lately.. i wonder what the market will do.

Oh and i am a heavy user of weapons, hunting pretty much every day and this affects me alot.. so i answered Yes

Edited by Wulfgarr

Logic?

weapons are a necessity in survival of Wurm Online, allowing you to gather food and protect yourself.

Yes, but enchants aren't a necessity for food gathering and protection.

With the option of obtaining multiple casts on weapons, it will become increasingly difficult to maintain these enchants,

Solution: only single enchants per weapon.

Compromise: Different enchants wear at each other's force making them decay. No decay if there is only one enchant present.

this change will severely hurt the player base,

What? How? Could you explain or prove this in any way?

Don't you mean this change will make you spend more time and coin enchanting stuff because you feel you must have top gear? That's all you've proven so far and it's not quite the same as hurting the player base.

• Like 1