Sign in to follow this  
Olloch

Skateboards in wurm

Great thread to identify the Realism first and always crowd for elimination by SerpentTrollDragonUnicornGoblinKyclops, or Lava Fiend perhaps.

Have you tried a 1980's skateboard?  Those ball bearings and brick wheels kinda sucked.

There's a reason it took them so long to catch on properly :3

• Like 1

+1

Always good to have more variety in forms of transportation.

And I wanna do some sweet kickflips and use a bridge as a grind rail.

I actually thought the suggestion was a joke ... until I saw all the support for the idea ....

-1 (it doesn't fit the era, plain and simple)

I actually thought the suggestion was a joke ... until I saw all the support for the idea ....

-1 (it doesn't fit the era, plain and simple)

There is no 'era' that has dragons and magic. Your argument is nonsense.

Yes this is a 'Fantasy Realm' but it based in the Dark Ages on Canterbury Tales and Myths and Legends of Europe.  

Neither Merlin, King Arthur, or Beowulf ever rode a skateboard.

Besides even if you could get a modern day skateboard to Wurm it would be practically useless since it would need modern sidewalks or roads to ride it on. It could not be ridden on grass, dirt, gravel, cobblestone, floorboards, or any uneven non-smooth surface.  Even marble and stone slabs would not be good enough because they are just slabs no mortar to fill the gaps or hold them together leaving gaps and uneven corners that would not be very 'ride-able' on a skateboard.

• Like 1

Can tell you've never read any mythology of the Dark Ages. Please use common sense when trying to insult someone.

Yes this is a 'Fantasy Realm' but it based in the Dark Ages on Canterbury Tales and Myths and Legends of Europe.  

Besides even if you could get a modern day skateboard to Wurm it would be practically useless since it would need modern sidewalks or roads to ride it on. It could not be ridden on grass, dirt, gravel, cobblestone, floorboards, or any uneven non-smooth surface.  Even marble and stone slabs would not be good enough because they are just slabs no mortar to fill the gaps or hold them together leaving gaps and uneven corners that would not be very 'ride-able' on a skateboard.

this isn't true at all people pass me on the sidewalk with longboards and skateboards all the time and there are many unmortarted uneven gaps between the concrete tiles

this isn't true at all people pass me on the sidewalk with longboards and skateboards all the time and there are many unmortarted uneven gaps between the concrete tiles

2013-01-09-12.57.31-300x225.jpg

Obviously you have never faceplanted after hitting an uneven tile.  :o

It seems you know as little about skateboarding as you do history and fantasy. :rolleyes:

2013-01-09-12.57.31-300x225.jpg

Obviously you have never faceplanted after hitting an uneven tile.  :o

It seems you know as little about skateboarding as you do history and fantasy. :rolleyes:

well you see there are these things called eyes which can be used in combination with legs and leg muscles and the properties of the trucks to swerve to avoid such an obstacle

Edited by mrtaccgnol

well you see there are these things called eyes which can be used in combination with legs and leg muscles and the properties of the trucks to swerve to avoid such an obstacle

All of this arguing over a ridiculous idea makes me hate skateboards even more. There will NEVER be skateboards in Wurm, and that makes me very happy! :D

Early skateboards did not have trucks and in a dark age society those gaps would be far more numerous.

image243-575.jpg

and avoiding things is really tough they were a PITA. to turn.

Edited by Bachus

Early skateboards did not have trucks and in a dark age society those gaps would be far more numerous.

image243-575.jpg

and avoiding things is really tough they were a PITA. to turn.

That thing wouldn't be hard to create even in the setting of Wurm :D A crude, hard to navigate skateboard would be good enough for me and I can easily imagine slabs to be even enough for a comfortable ride.

All of this arguing over a ridiculous idea makes me hate skateboards even more. There will NEVER be skateboards in Wurm, and that makes me very happy! :D

But why do you postulate it is so ridiculous? do you have a reason, or just hatred?

How can you hate AND be happy? You're hopefully aware that those are 2 mutually exclusive feelings, right?

Can tell you've never read any mythology of the Dark Ages. Please use common sense when trying to insult someone.

Real:

Dragons

Giant Insects

Magical Spells

Crops that keep growing in winter

Goblins and Trolls

Unicorns

Ghost Guards

Fake:

Wheels attached to a plank of wood

You say I'm the one who lacks knowledge of history or reality? This is a fantasy game with the styling of the Dark Ages Europe.

Real:

Dragons

Giant Insects

Magical Spells

Crops that keep growing in winter

Goblins and Trolls

Unicorns

Ghost Guards

Fake:

Wheels attached to a plank of wood

You say I'm the one who lacks knowledge of history or reality? This is a fantasy game with the styling of the Dark Ages Europe.

Did fantasy of the Dark Ages have tales of skateboards? Checkmate.

To Arvid:

"How can you hate AND be happy? You're hopefully aware that those are 2 mutually exclusive feelings, right?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  You must be trolling, because in no way are those two feelings absolutely mutually exclusive.  Being at the opposite end of the spectrum doesn't make them exclusive to each other.  For example:  A person can hate a sports team, and be happy when that team loses.  If anything, as the example shows, those two feelings can be completely congruent to each other depending on the context.  Now if I said I hate skateboards, but love skateboarding, that would be an oxymoron.  Checkmate.

Edited by Slickshot

Did fantasy of the Dark Ages have tales of skateboards? Checkmate.

To Arvid:

"How can you hate AND be happy? You're hopefully aware that those are 2 mutually exclusive feelings, right?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  You must be trolling, because in no way are those two feelings absolutely mutually exclusive.  Being at the opposite end of the spectrum doesn't make them exclusive to each other.  For example:  A person can hate a sports team, and be happy when that team loses.  If anything, as the example shows, those two feelings can be completely congruent to each other depending on the context.  Now if I said I hate skateboards, but love skateboarding, that would be an oxymoron.  Checkmate.

does it matter if the fantasy of the dark ages has skateboards? do you have proof that it does not? what even constitutes "fantasy of the dark ages"? Checkmate.

here's a path you might want to consider instead of fandangling some boondoggle wurmoid globule: wurm online is a fantasy sandbox mmorpg video game stylized for stone-iron age technology

Edited by mrtaccgnol
  • Like 1

i want elves, gangs, and tribal warfare added to the game to go along with the glocks that are being added in q1 2016

Edited by Propheteer

i want elves, gangs, and tribal warfare added to the game to go along with the glocks that are being added in q1 2016

your dog whistle is working

does it matter if the fantasy of the dark ages has skateboards? do you have proof that it does not? what even constitutes "fantasy of the dark ages"? Checkmate.

Go outside before you embarrass yourself further. Already put you down once, just stay down. Lol

• Like 1

Go outside before you embarrass yourself further. Already put you down once, just stay down. Lol

Lol. Checkmate.

Lol. Checkmate.

Not used to my fan boys copying me, especially the logically challenged ones. Not sure how to feel about it.

Edited by Slickshot