Sign in to follow this  
Duderino

Hidden things, new bug or feature

Today when i wanted to meditate. I was like where did i drop my rug. After some minutes of searching and using my Sherlock skills i found it.

Depr6Ut.jpg?1

Can we make it visible please. Thanks

• Like 3

I get something similar with certain items, I am fairly sure it is something in my settings doing it but I am not sure what (maybe contribution culling?)

http://wurm.brashendeavors.net/invisible/

It happens with other items too, sometimes corpses and other containers but sometimes non-containers. Happens a LOT with iron lamps. I can make it turn visible if I go to Compatibility tab, change any setting at all, and save the change.  However the object will vanish again the next time I enter the area, regardless of which compatibility setting I changed (or changed back). This makes it hard to narrow down what settings does it, since changing any setting (at least in Compatability Tab) will make the item reappear again. 

If a dev knows what setting it is, I would be curious to know. I have had this for months, its only mildly annoying now that I know how to get the items to (briefly) reappear.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Been that way with med rugs for *years*, they sink into terrain. This is why most experienced meditation practitioners nest their rugs inside containers such as buckets or pottery jars. Much more difficult to lose them, that way.

Mob corpses filled with arrows do that too, good luck finding them or your arrows.

Workaround:  Dump several other objects on top of it until it all turns into a "pile of items."  Then just grab the whole thing.  

Today i am able to see the rug. Can anyone confirm if its corrected or not?

Workaround:  Dump several other objects on top of it until it all turns into a "pile of items."  Then just grab the whole thing.  

except rugs dont pile

• Like 4

A more irritating workaround; dig 1 corner down until a corner of the rug sticks out.

Would it be better if the rug was on paving or in a building? Lots of stuff sink into the grass and can't be found unless you back off a distance. Lowest settings work best for finding stuff. 

This used to be a problem with the old rug models but with the new ones it has worked a lot better. I would guess it is some new bug... 

Try collecting wool from sheep when it just disappears into the grass, regular or enchanted.  You then have to drop 4 wood scraps just to find it.

I definitely find that sea creatures like to disappear on dying.

I get something similar with certain items, I am fairly sure it is something in my settings doing it but I am not sure what (maybe contribution culling?)

http://wurm.brashendeavors.net/invisible/

It happens with other items too, sometimes corpses and other containers but sometimes non-containers. Happens a LOT with iron lamps. I can make it turn visible if I go to Compatibility tab, change any setting at all, and save the change.  However the object will vanish again the next time I enter the area, regardless of which compatibility setting I changed (or changed back). This makes it hard to narrow down what settings does it, since changing any setting (at least in Compatability Tab) will make the item reappear again. 

If a dev knows what setting it is, I would be curious to know. I have had this for months, its only mildly annoying now that I know how to get the items to (briefly) reappear.

Bump maps :-)

I definitely find that sea creatures like to disappear on dying.

Octopi. Funny on those because they aren't hidden under a bumpy texture. Water is see-through. These buggers just vanish into the void!