Sign in to follow this  
madtanker555

give option to wield a spear with 1 hand and a shield in the other

give us the option to wield a spear in one hand and a shield in the other, maybe you get a slight combat rating penalty for using a shield with it

• Like 15

Could see a long spear working this way but not the halberd or staff, they are clearly 2 handed weapons.

• Like 2

The metal spear looks as if it was made to be wielded eith one hand and instead it is two handed like the other polearms. I feel as though rolf and the crew missed an opportunity on this one to have one handed spears.

• Like 2

Would be fun to have 3 bastard swords in the game.

green%20one%20piece%20anime%20roronoa%20

• Like 1

As a spear user myself i would love to be able to have a sheild in one hand and the spear in the other. +1

+1

676905-926516_20050726_011.jpg

Warrior_With_Spear_Shield_Helm.JPG

Second_Warrior_Spear_Shield.jpg

Edited by dasfry
  • Like 2

+1

some damage values and hit rates may need to be tweaked, but using the lower damage wooden long spear with a shield would help make horses less powerful in PvP

+1

some damage values and hit rates may need to be tweaked, but using the lower damage wooden long spear with a shield would help make horses less powerful in PvP

Yeah, the steel one would be a tad on the "heavy" side to one-hand. Since we have two, like swords, it wouldn't be a far separation from something already present. Besides, you have to imp them quite high to get to deadly hard.

Unfortunately I believe this forum is where all suggestions (both good & bad) go to die, until they are eventually resurrected to die all over again.

+1 for this instance, and +10 for all the prior instances...

• Like 1

As someone with a polearm affinity, a hatred of halberds, and a fear of being shieldless... I'll try and help keep the idea alive!

+1

• Like 1

Well since this has been revived... can also use this to provide advantages to using smaller shields. The usual tradeoffs, pros and cons.

• Like 2

THIS IS SPARTA!

8676-leonidas-statue.jpg

+1 but... less throbing veins in the groin? seriously looks angry because someone squid in the pants.

• Like 1