Sign in to follow this  
Steeloxide

Would you still play wurm if you could no longer trade silver for real life money?

Would you still play?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still play Wurm if you could no longer trade silver for real life money?

• Yes
    • No
    • As long as I can still pay my premium time with ingame currency.
    • It makes no difference to me. (I dont care)

A Simple Poll.

Would you continue to play wurm if you could no longer trade silver for real life money?

Edited by Steeloxide
  • Like 2

I would for sure and no one can stop people from withdrawing money it would just mean that we would have "gold farming" spam all over the place, lol

BUY WURM GOLD NOW AT WWW.MADEUPWEBSITE.COM

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 10

I would for sure and no one can stop people from withdrawing money it would just mean that we would have "gold farming" spam all over the place, lol

BUY WURM GOLD NOW AT WWW.MADEUPWEBSITE.COM

Like in every other MMOS. haha

Hell yea! Those who vote for ''No'' are not true wurmians,shame on you!!

I would have to say that i do enjoy the open market aspect of the game and the fact that you can make a little real money at it but i would play regardless.

• Like 1

I guess I would, I've never sold any coins yet, and I've always bought from the shop when I really needed more than I could earn.

But it has always been an interesting and motivating prospect to "capitalise on my time investment" (as the EULA puts it) if I want to, or... if need be out of more unfortunate circumstances or whatever. It wouldn't be the first time that someone who needed money IRL went to sell their accounts and with it, a hell lot of time they put into them, to cover some much needed expenses or... idk, medical bill to save their pet cat's life.

And honestly, if something really important came up for me IRL, I'd consider selling my accounts, too. I wouldn't give away 227 days of play time lightly, and all that is connected with it... memories, friendships, ... :)

• Like 4

OP edited because we technically dont "Withdraw" money, but rather we sell it to other players for real life currency.

Would quit because if selling gold is taken away. Then the next likely step is to not allow us to sell items or accounts.

I'd still play. It wouldn't effect me one way or the other. I hoard my coppers anyway.

That said I have no problem with players selling silver or accts for rl money.

most games its illegal to buy in-game money and items with real money, but it still happens,  heck its a bigger business selling items and accounts from games illegally.  I don't see how making it illegal will help. it will still happen but it will go under ground and people will get scammed more. 

• Like 3

TY for the option to  delete my vote. I pressed NO  but soon realized what the question was and quickly changed it ofc I would still play wurm. pressing all the buttons b4 reading

Edited by Sunnyside
  • Like 1

Why make it illegal when it would happen anyways? Seems unnecessary, and many people love wurm especially for the freedom of trade. You quit the game, you regain some of the money you spent on it. Unique and awesome concept.

• Like 4

Alot of good points that I had not considered before, Thanks guys!

I am starting to see the value in the way things are now.

• Like 2

WTF. It's a GAME. If you want to make money go get a job ya bum.  :blink:

• Like 3

I am sure most everyone here has a job but that still does not mean you can't have fun and make a little extra coin while you enjoy your game.

I make enough silver that i could easily pay my premium with only silver but i buy that from the shop to support the game. To some there is as much fun if not more in the real money aspect side of the game as there is in the rest of the game. (besides i am sure no one is getting rich off of it just having a little fun)  

EVERYONE knows, in game and IRL, that legalisation and regulation lead to safer environments. If you made currency sales against the rules it'd just result in more shady deals and unsafe transactions.

How could they possibly stop people from trading silver for real life currency?

Better to allow it and have some control.

regardless of whether the rule was implemented that u cant sell in game stuff for real money by game policies or not, which by saying u can sell silver, u also say no account selling, no item selling if u get one of those rare items that are worth alot... none of this would stop even if the rules said otherwise, and imo i think that is why it is allowed, because by making it against the rules they would have even more issues to deal with by punishing player accounts...also like in one of the first posts mentioned there would be goldfarmers or silverfarmers in this case spamming the servers about there website selling such and such and how they will sell accounts or power level skills and so forth....so in the best interest of the game being developped further i think nothing should change about this...it would only had more work for devs and gm's...i dont sell anything to make profit so in the long run i did vote that i dont care either way basically id still continue to play....just wanted to give people an idea on what would happen if that rule as established, because there is no way for them to stop it unless they removed in game currency completely and that will never happen you cant play a mmo without some kind of currency, otherwise you mise well just make it a single player sandbox, part of an mmo is trading.

Of course i would continue to play, i just don't understand what it would help though.

Think if a new player buys a gold from older player with real money, what does he do. Buy all kinds of tools and stuff of course, keeping the wheels of wurmeconomy turning. Putting it back to circulation.

When you buy money from shop, as far as i know its created. Adding small portion more money to economy. So as far as i am concerned gold sales are not bad thing.

• Like 1

you should be more specific about job, because there is many companies that are based for doing just that farming and selling game accounts, money, and so forth...i know plenty of people who game all the time and thats how they pay there bills, if your talent is gaming it could also be your job, there is nothing against that in anyway...not counting it is no different then any other job, imagine grinding 24/7 just to sell an account to make your months rent or selling enough coin or items or whatever it is for that specific game they are making there profits from

ps: this isn't me, but there are lots who do it...the gaming industry makes billions every year....it is probably the most profitable area in the world...not that i know this for fact, just a possibilty thought.

• Like 4

Whats the difference between "yes" and "It makes no difference to me. (I dont care)"`?

I clickked yes, as it makes no difference to me.

will be sold whether or not there is a rule against it.

Whats the difference between "yes" and "It makes no difference to me. (I dont care)"`?

I clickked yes, as it makes no difference to me.

difference is that ur saying that you will remain playing wurm regardless of changes, i dont care means that you will continue to play wurm, regardless of the change because u are impartial...one kinda hints at the idea that you agree with the change idk...thats how i took it being they are similiar...lol

The economic system in Wurm is so good that it really doesnt matter if people trade for silver. Its actually good that people sell the money that they dont want to spend.