Sign in to follow this  

I've always wondered. Why isn't there a way for a mayor, or villager, to put up posts and ads at their town center? The reason? There isn't any tools to allow it. Now, having something to add a second use to papyrus making: You write up Posts onto papyrus, and then anyone who has permission access to the board can open the board and leave a papyrus scroll in it with something written. The owner of the board can set a time limit, or no limit; in any case, one would be given an Option to Read. 
There would be many uses to such. yes, people use forums to replace them, but it would add a lot more to the game if you could do it In Game... 

Job Requests. Someone could go to a blacksmith's, drop a tool to be imped, and leave a note in his buletin board that reads "Hello. When you have time, I'd like to see my Pickaxe Imped. Thank you!"

Messages from the Mayor without having to clutter up the MOTD or change it daily. So, any villagers could go to the buletin board, and see what's going on around the place. 

On PvP servers, people could post up bounties, or warnings and such.

I'm awful at drawing, but I'm sure some of you great artists could come up with something awesome. 

It would need planks and sticks for building the post, and likely several hooks (only use otherwise being toolbelts) that are used for hanging the papyrus on. (Punch a hole, and let the sheet dangle) 

Planks, nails, hooks, and shafts. Quantities and such still needs discussion, but it shouldn't be too different price-wide to a large sign.

Quality could affect the decay rate of the papyrus inside it. ((Low Quality making the message rot away from rain and decay in a few days)) while a high quality one better protects the precious messages it holds! 

• Like 10

Sounds like a good idea to me. Especially in the more populated villages, I imagine having something other than the MOTD to communicate with everybody would be very useful. 

Bulletin boards close in appearance to those GM ones would be a nice feature. A big No! to making any objects necessary to post upon them after creation. Look to Ultima Online for their bulletin boards for functionality, as in the years ago when I played that game they worked very well within it.

=Ayes=

Well, my idea is... There is no way for players to communicate with one another other then Mail ingame. Being able to allow Mayors to leave messages, or players to contact one another, without having to rely on external sources (emails, IMs...) would be great. 

Hence my offer :) 

• Like 1

Being able to allow Mayors to leave messages, or players to contact one another, without having to rely on external sources (emails, IMs...) would be great. 

+1

A 1x1 building or large container housing numerous smaller containers; these are finally filled with inscribed papyrus sheets placed by communicating people.

You will have essentially constructed what resembles this forum, with backpacks as the separate categories and satchels as separate topics.

+1 be nice to keep in touch with people in different timezones who are part of the same village

Always been for this whenever it comes up, and definitely feel it would help improve village relations.

Just the fact most major villages make extensive usage of 3rd party forums shows how handy something like this would be in game... besides RL bulletin boards being the ancestor of forums.

Little full circle actually.

• Like 1

Also, there is a reason for wanting to use Papyrus on it. Its going to stop people from spamming. So mostly important messages would be put on that, not things like 'lolz trolld' or 'eat my pants!' ... but actually useful things that people needs others to know like "I left my pickaxe in your forge. Can you imp it?"

I'd also see a functionality if its enchanted with Spirits (Fo, and Libila version) where it could have 'dancing flames' around it if there is a new message since (cast power * 10 minutes?)