Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

What do people carry in their backpacks? (Video)

Cheers,

while I was going to clean up the raw footage of last week's video about big ships and cave kennels canals, which had a mostly positive reception, I found some more from a while back.

It's not everybody's cup of tea, but sometimes I really enjoy poking around in containers. Like in Minecraft, so many have taken on the habit to poke through eachother's chests. So when I found out you could see people's backpack contents when they're wearing it, I was filled with glee. I hope you'll enjoy this a little bit as well. Also, dragons.

Correct me, or point out my commentary mistakes if you must! ;)

(Christmas gifts (soft cap), mixing up people's names e.g.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4koa69GU6u4

What are YOU carrying in your backpack(s)? ;)

• Like 6

I literally just skipped to a random spot and was like "Hey that looks like the kind of stuff I keep in my backpack" then I saw the name... XD

• Like 5

That was pretty interesting and funny too.   :D

Good Job!

Some things are not meant to be seen.

I have three satchel full of potions, healing covers, keys, sculpting wand, spyglass, lantern/tar, cotton, pendulum, writs, merchant contracts and steel and flint. (just the normal stuff i guess from the looks of things)

Edit: I have a hoard of hand mirrors i guess..39 of them in my satchel. lol

Edited by Kegan

No backpacks, they are too heavy. Satchel, waterskin and then just custom folders for tools, documents etc.

When I wore a backpack I would keep carpentry tools in there since I'm probably never gonna need to waste time too far from a tree. Now I just keep a bell for annoying my friends.

• Like 1

I haven't worn a backpack in YEARS, since someone told me they give a -cr

I haven't worn a backpack in YEARS, since someone told me they give a -cr

I still wear one, just unequipping it whenever I'm on a unique-hunt or fighting against greenish scorps and the like..

What I find interesting is that on the subject of the backpack/quiver CR nerf, I still get conflicting answers from veteran players who are much more experienced in combat then myself....

I got a satchel 24/7 with me that is full of 70+ ql lock picks

I don't wer my backpack, but I carry about 63 kg of tools and stuff i think i could need at some point :P

I do wear a quiver in wich i carry all my writs and keys thou.

What I find interesting is that on the subject of the backpack/quiver CR nerf, I still get conflicting answers from veteran players who are much more experienced in combat then myself....

Forget rumors, it was tested on test server and wearing items/weight showed absolutely no difference in hit chance, which means cr remains unaffected

• Like 1

Forget rumors, it was tested on test server and wearing items/weight showed absolutely no difference in hit chance, which means cr remains unaffected

/straps on backpack

Very funny stuff. Thanks for sharing.

They're all traveling quite light compared to me lol

I consider myself a "Jerk of many trades". I think i'll just leave it at that. :D

Uli, I'm adding these just in case you ever find me in game.

pmRuJmz.png

• Like 4

Nice to know!

Now i need a black drake hide backpack to match my armor.

I prefer wearing a satchel for that traveling hobo look, with maybe a few iron coins inside to add to that impression.

=Ayes=

Very nice to come back and read through all the stuff! I'm just waiting for people to name their items like Marni/bwg haha :D I guess I could reveal the contents of my satchel as well, even though I'm not wearing it on my back.

Just essentials there, 3 ropes, steel and flint, yellow potions eww, keys, writs, HCs, compass, personal merchant contract, sculpting wand, tar, settlement deed! Though I also carry a small chest with a whole set of small tools, 17.06kg total, and a folder with the large tools (12kg), ready to do almost anything :)

No hand mirrors.

Edited by Ulviirala

In my regular inventory, I keep a "WON'T FIT" folder with my shovel and hatchet, and a satchel of vesseled gems. Then there's my "FAKE SATCHEL," which is just an empty group that I can shift-drag from when feeding animals. There's a water skin. Inside the backpack is a lot of yellow flowers for replanting trampled grass, grooming brush, any sleep powders, spyglass, healing covers, sickle, lantern, farmer's salve, 4 ropes since mooring ropes don't work anymore, any high-quality grains I might be carrying in case I see something to tame, and cotton and tar, using my method of making one giant ball to put in my toolbelt, and a single one on the side for when the toolbelt runs out, so I'm not totally without either one until I can grab more.

In the satchel on my back would be any writs or deed papers, (alts might have a mirror), compass, butchering knife, carving knife, farwalker stone, keys, sacrificial knife if it's a priest, statuette if it's a priest, steel and flint, and a papyrus sheet a friend gave me with a note.

Non-priest worker alts with any muscles will carry their trade imping tools, and worker alts would also have pickaxe, trowel, large maul, and huge axe. These all go in Group folders.

Edited by LorraineJ

Negative CR?

I was under the impression it slowed one's timers while quivers did not. Granted I never actually bothered to test this myself, rarely bothered with backpacks except for organizing anyways (newer inventory system has made up even for that nowadays).

Backpack ?

I want a Fanny pack.

Funny video btw :P

Edited by Sunnyside

Great video!

I never had any idea we could rummage through other people's backpacks!!

(Look But Don't Touch)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors