Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

hitch one animal to small cart

small cart seems to be useless, it can reborn this item

There have to be limitations to items, a small cart is designed to be dragged by a player not by an animal, there are large carts for that.

I think the small cart should stay an in hitch able cart, I believe it makes sense for new players to create a cart that is easy, not challenging, and if it does become as hitch able cart, they will be scrambling to find a wild horse.

So, -1 for me. However, do keep pitching those ideas, something someone will like will get out there!

-1. they work as intended. I still find use for mine when doing doing terra forming on deed. for hitching we have Large Cart

I would support this if donkeys where implemented and the only animal that could be hitched to the cart.

• Like 1

just because its not necissary, i dont see why it couldnt be an option

• Like 2

if we could hitch a single animal to a small cart, then lead said animal with a rope... +1.   Otherwise it is a bit moot.

• Like 1

It is because a small cart does not have a yoke attached to it:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Yoke

"This fits on the shoulders of a pair of creatures like oxen and will be used to drag a cart or a plow."

Animals do not have hands, and so they cannot pull your small cart. Using ropes to tie the animal would only constrict or strangle it.

Dragging carts around is an incentive to premium up. A person gets mighty tired of moving 8 or 9 logs at a time. Dragging large carts is even worse.  

It's a pain when you are already premium, I agree, but the limited access trial gives you plenty to do to see if you like Wurm while teasing you into buying more.

+1 Not seeing a problem. Already find small carts useless and never built one. I use large carts for everything even when I can only drag them because they carry more.

I've often wanted this, especially whenever I began a new toon and found myself using a small cart again. However, I believe it is fine with it's current limitations, it is simply designed to be pulled by a player and not an animal; there are large carts for that. -1

i would like to see a 1 animal cart implemented.  it would be for 2 people and no storage, just speed, like a old west buggy.

not saying this to make it ok for freemiums to have a rideable object, i would like a speedy small vehicle to ride about in.

Edited by junkkmann

+1

Make it ridable by 2 people only when empty, buggy style.

Bonus points : If a cow is hitched a free player can drive it, noobie cabs!

No to hitching animals to a small cart. It's one of the perks for being premium. That being said Im all for adding the ability to lock and manage it.

• Like 1

No to this because it would mean that small carts could then be ridden around, meaning also they would need to have a "mount" option added to them. Then their small capacity in comparison to large carts would make them not very useful for this purpose anyway.

I disagree that they are "useless" though. I always have a few on my deeds and use them on occasion when I only need about 40 rock shards to rebuild decayed away walls or other small jobs.

I would like to see Ohana's suggestion implemented though. Being able to lock up small carts would be very helpful for newer players security.

=Ayes=

Nope. Small cart already perfect as it was designed.

• Like 1