Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Bridges are not symmetrical

I am sure this might apply to other bridge lengths too but the 4 tile wooden arched versions are not symmetrical on their slopes when planning.  I have a screenshot below that highlights this more and both ends are the same height and level so i would expect that it should be symmetrical in the slopes it uses when planning. 

Now this might be a server issue more than model but put it here since it is a visual problem too. (if you feel it needs moved then please do) 

7lQwgiQ.jpg

Now this might fix itself when building and i am going to test that but i am sure it will not.  This might not seem like a big deal to some but to others this stops them from using the arched bridges they want. 

edit: Built bridge was the same..guess i am using all flat bridges  :(

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

idk if this is a -bug-

I personally prefer this over symmetrical

Kegan - its not symmetrical, because ends are not at the same high (towards each other). I had that before.

Kegan - its not symmetrical, because ends are not at the same high (towards each other). I had that before.

Both ends were level and at the same height it does not seem like it in the screenshot but they were. 

I have noticed the very same thing - despite level starting grounds the bridges are not even. Here is my own example - the bridge at the back is between two points on the very same building, at the very same floor level. It is not too obvious, but the edge of the right side wall next to the "sky window" actually peaks out under the bridge above it. I was surprised that they werent just acting like "mirrored" elements. My thought was if perhaps somehow the person holding the range pole affects the outcome of the shape somehow?
MYAwBLr.jpg